It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun nuts will love this...lol

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Akragon

Some Canadians offered to bring hot wings to our superbowl party.
They arrived with their wing that were devoid of any sauce (because they didn't want them too spicy).
They were completely naked and had been baked in the oven.

Sorry, after that I don't take advice from Canadians.

they weren't Canadians... they were Americans pretending to be Canadian

edit on 7-11-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Yeah, that has worked SO well in England. Look at the stabbings that have gone up by 1000-2000% since banning guns. Much of the stabbings are much more brutal than shootings, where someone would get shot with one bullet turns into someone getting 5-20 stab wounds.

That's only in London. It's not representative of England which is still one of the safest countries to live in.

The reason London is so different is due to decades of mass immigration and overcrowding. Import millions of people from crime and war ridden parts of the third world and stick em all in one small space. What could possibly go wrong?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

AKA "Western Canadians"

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
Stabbings can be avoided... and of course its the people...

Every major city has problems... This would at least take one problem out of the equasion...

We never see people getting shot in homes here... its always on the streets...

Obviously gangs will always be a problem... but the 5-0 keep their eyes on most of them... and IF they had reason to believe there were guns... there would be probable cause to raid and remove the problem

Well there's your problem!

It's not guns. You said so yourself, no one gets shot inside. People should just be barred from ever going outside. No one goes out. No one gets shot. Simple!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Um.. guns are already banned here. And also, most of the shootings are gang related -- which means they were illegally obtained.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

No guns are not "banned" in canada... though in ontario they are considering a total hand gun ban

We have laws against them but they can be obtained...

Hell i can go to Canadian Tire down the street and get a hand gun with the proper licencing right now

They need to be banned completely... aside from the proper facilities (gun ranges) there is never a reason to posses a hand gun in this country

edit on 7-11-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Completely banning guns will not solve anything because the guns in the streets are all illegally obtained. It's not law-abiding citizens doing the shootings.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Lysergic

Doesn't matter...

It's the catalyst for the violence regardless of what device is used. I'd say it is the root of the problem and matters.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Handguns are already a restricted weapon in Canada. You already need to go through a bunch of different things and follow a bunch of rules just to buy and own one.

www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca...

Summary of key requirements

Individuals require:

a firearms licence that is valid for restricted firearms in order to possess or acquire a restricted firearm and to obtain ammunition.

a registration certificate issued under the Firearms Act for all restricted firearms in their possession.

an Authorization to Transport, issued by the Chief Firearms Officer (CFO) of their provincial or territorial jurisdiction, in order to transport a restricted firearm from one location to another.

Individuals must store, display and transport their restricted firearms according to the applicable regulations.

Individuals must be at least 18 to get a licence authorizing them to have restricted firearms. Individuals younger than 18 years of age can use restricted firearms only if they are under the direct and immediate supervision of a licensed adult.

Individuals who do not yet have a firearms licence, or who wish to change their licence privileges to include restricted firearms, must apply for a Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL - form RCMP 5592).

Individuals must participate in the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course and pass the tests to be eligible for a PAL with restricted privileges.

A PAL for restricted firearms costs $80 and is renewable every five years. For more information on the current licence fee structure, consult the Canadian Firearms Program (CFP) website.

Permitted purposes for a restricted firearm

The only person I know who legally owned handguns was probably one the most knowledgeable people i've personally met about guns. He wasn't quite sure how many hand guns he had at the time I asked. Somewhere between 15 and 20. I would feel completely safe with this person if we were out shooting or even if he just had his guns with him.

Guns are a tool. They're useful, they're fun to shoot. Responsible gun owners who follow laws aren't the ones going around shooting people on the streets.

And to be fair if you're in Toronto, those illegal guns probably came from America

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

aside from the proper facilities (gun ranges) there is never a reason to posses a hand gun in this country

Then mind your own business and don't possess one, simple as that.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Do whatever you cannuks want up there...I don't care. Here in the US we have the 2nd...long as we can respect that no problems what you wanna do up there. I say if it makes you happy I'm happy too!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Here in my country we simply don't need guns... Sure im all for hunting if that floats your boat...

Gun ranges are all good too! Its good sport... and a lot of fun!

Though as time goes by each year, more and more people are being killed by idiots with hand guns.

Its even come to my city which does not impress me... theres rarely a day in Toronto that we don't hear about a shooting in the streets anymore

And its never a rifle, almost never anything big... its always hand guns!

So... my proposal though drastic, might be a deterrent to people carrying them, or worse... using them in public

I say we in Canada Ban all hand guns, with an automatic 3-5 year prison sentence IF you're caught with one... and of course much worse IF you use it in public!

remove the threat... growing problem solved!

We don't need to carry guns in Canada... we protect ourselves with common sense... and IF needs be we use our fists!

Flame on!!

See, here is the problem... the COPS do not want that. Someone in Britain floated a mandatory life sentence once...

So, now you have a criminal with NOTHING to lose. Guess what is going to happen... bang bang.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Source

Looks more like a suicide problem to me. 75% of the deaths by guns are self inflicted.

Maybe keep them out of the hands of people suffering from clinical depression and keep them out of the hands of criminals, while leaving law abiding people alone.

The idea of punishing the innocent for the actions of the guilty has always put a bad taste in my mouth. John Doe shoots someone, so of course the solution is to take law abiding citizen Jack Smiths guns away to punish John Doe. Never got that logic, never will.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Funny thing is that pie chart would only represent a 3 month period in the US of A.

We're #1! F# Canada and their sensibility...

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

The world is full of idiots and some of them are dangerous. I don't know if anyone will ever come up with a solution to that in any country. We certainly have more than our share of bad seeds in the US. One thing I do know, it's the people who are the problem, not the weapon they chose.

Canada should most certainly brag about having less crime and violence. I'll give them that.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Uh, Canada has 1/10th the number of citizens as the US spread over a larger area. Of course their totals will be much lower than the US. We have about 5 times the rate as Canada, which is to be expected considering the drastic population density differences.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Give people some space and leave them alone. Sounds like a template to follow.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Oh, and in a related comment, suicide doesn't even belong on these lists. Both the US and Canada allow abortions because "their body, their choice." What is suicide if not someone making a choice over their own body?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

One of the reasons I live in Alaska...
edit on 7-11-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
OP thinks the world is rainbows and ponies. People will commit crimes. No. Matter. What.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join