It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun nuts will love this...lol

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Here in my country we simply don't need guns... Sure im all for hunting if that floats your boat...

Gun ranges are all good too! Its good sport... and a lot of fun!

Though as time goes by each year, more and more people are being killed by idiots with hand guns.

Its even come to my city which does not impress me... theres rarely a day in Toronto that we don't hear about a shooting in the streets anymore

And its never a rifle, almost never anything big... its always hand guns!

So... my proposal though drastic, might be a deterrent to people carrying them, or worse... using them in public

I say we in Canada Ban all hand guns, with an automatic 3-5 year prison sentence IF you're caught with one... and of course much worse IF you use it in public!

remove the threat... growing problem solved!

We don't need to carry guns in Canada... we protect ourselves with common sense... and IF needs be we use our fists!

Flame on!!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
So why are they shooting each other?

What's the root?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Doesn't matter...

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Yeah, that has worked SO well in England. Look at the stabbings that have gone up by 1000-2000% since banning guns. Much of the stabbings are much more brutal than shootings, where someone would get shot with one bullet turns into someone getting 5-20 stab wounds.

Why don't you look at changing what is causing the problem - the people!?

Also, now the criminals STILL have guns but people can't protect themselves.

Look at how that worked in South Africa, the farmers are getting slaughtered, raped, tourtured, etc b/c the gov confiscated so many guns and restricted gun ownership on people who basically commited ZERO crime, and not they are defenseless victims to people who ignore the law and have guns anyway.

So how are you going to garuntee that criminals don't get guns? For many of them being in jail is better than living on the street, so having a gun isn't a big deal for them, using it on innocent people doesn't matter to them nor getting caught - they get a nice comfy Canuk Jail cell with nice polite guards fluffing their pillow before bed time.
edit on 11 7 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Ban them and only the criminals will have handguns.

Let's ban murder and drugs while we're at it.

I hope you get the point of my post. Banning things does not stop them from happening. Criminals do not follow the law

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
No need to flame someone who’s afraid of guns. Sorry your country doesn’t believe in freedoms for its citizens...maybe they wouldn’t be so scared.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Stabbings can be avoided... and of course its the people...

Every major city has problems... This would at least take one problem out of the equasion...

We never see people getting shot in homes here... its always on the streets...

Obviously gangs will always be a problem... but the 5-0 keep their eyes on most of them... and IF they had reason to believe there were guns... there would be probable cause to raid and remove the problem

edit on 7-11-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Ban all hand guns in Canada but it'll be ok to walk around with an UZI.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
No need to flame someone who’s afraid of guns. Sorry your country doesn’t believe in freedoms for its citizens...maybe they wouldn’t be so scared.

Im not afraid of guns... im afraid of idiots with them...

Theres no need to have such a "freedom"... and by the way, it takes more guts to fight someone then to wiggle your damn finger when you're pissed off... so whos afraid here?

We don't even lock our doors mostly In our country... don't even start about being afraid

edit on 7-11-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Ban all hand guns in Canada but it'll be ok to walk around with an UZI.

same idea... it fits in your hand...

its easy to conceal...

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Get rid of the people. Problem solved.
edit on 11 7 2018 by caterpillage because: L

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Uh, Canada already banned all handguns under 4 inches barrel length and strictly restricts all other handguns, requiring an arduous licensing and registration process, as well as requiring someone show a need to own one (self defense against other "humans" doesn't qualify), and it's illegal to carry them unless you're in a wilderness situation. Your country is proof that gun restrictions don't work and only prevent the law abiding from defending themselves against the animals trying to victimize them.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Or you could mandate that every one carry's, this way the perp would not have the benefit of living off the tax payer in prison but would be the undertakers concern!

Here's the scenario...criminal pulls out handgun and is met with 20 armed citizens aiming straight back. You can ban handguns but criminals don't follow the laws...hence the criminal bit.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It's Canada, no one cares....

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

criminal pulls out handgun and is met with 20 armed citizens aiming straight back.

That doesn't ever happen now does it...

someone pulls a gun, everyone runs and ducks for cover...

You're dreaming of the old west... In reality it just doesn't happen

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I care... Canada is Alaska's first line of defense against invaders from the Lesser 48.

link   

Some Canadians offered to bring hot wings to our superbowl party.
They arrived with their wing that were devoid of any sauce (because they didn't want them too spicy).
They were completely naked and had been baked in the oven.

Sorry, after that I don't take advice from Canadians.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I care... Canada is Alaska's first line of defense against invaders from the Lesser 48.

You're to damn cold to invade...

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Some Canadians offered to bring hot wings to our superbowl party.
They arrived with their wing that were devoid of any sauce (because they didn't want them too spicy).
They were completely naked and had been baked in the oven.

The wings or the Canadians?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

If the Global Warming cultist's fantasies come true, that won't hold out forever.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join