It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Military Documents show the caravan isn't the threat Trump claims it is.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: BlackJackal
www.bbc.com...

Mexico has offered temporary work permits to migrants who register for asylum, as a big caravan of Central American migrants makes its way through the country toward the US.

They have been offered asylum and refused it.
How is that your "folling the law"?

Has anyone interviewed the migrants to ask why they refused it? I want to hear it from them.

Why does it matter.
If the plan is to request asylum in the states they are not obligated to accept it if offered somewhere else.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

www.bbc.com...

Mexico has offered temporary work permits to migrants who register for asylum, as a big caravan of Central American migrants makes its way through the country toward the US.

You know good and well, it is their choice if they want asylum in Mexico. Wanting asylum in the US over Mexico is not a crime. If I was in their shoes and I had kids depending on me I would probably want to live in the US over Mexico too. I assume you would as well. But you know what? Some of them did accept asylum offers in Mexico.

You can't fault people for attempting to better themselves and find a safe place to live.

Which is in no way the "following the law" you touted previously.
Why can't they simply follow the law?

What in God's name are you talking about? In what way are they not following the law? There is no law that requires them to accept an asylum offer from Mexico and there is no law that states they cannot apply for asylum in the United States.

So again I ask you, what is your point?

Their point is they don't want them here.
That's it
Look at all the spin and fear mongering.

Buncha #in cupcakes man.
These righties do nothing but bitch, cry and lie.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Sure is.

Or his haters wouldn't be trying to sue him.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Is this the time to panic? I wore brown pants today so I can panic if this is the right time.

Orange man bad!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

PANIC!

I see can't contribute to the argument so you attempt to distract.

What argument?

You hate Trump, conflate an imaginary scenario, and try to argue logically against a strawman you constructed.

I used humor to illustrate how inane your premise is, and to subtly mock your attempt at drawing imaginary conclusions based on your irrational hatred.

Please enlighten stupid ol me. Please explain in words my dumbass can understand how I have created an imaginary situation? Did I write all those articles I cited in my opening paragraph? Did I infiltrate the military and create false documents?

The problem is that your orange con-man emperor-god has been caught making # up again and you can't face facts.

See!

I don't even have to mock you when you do it to yourself!

Our borders aren't secure. Our immigration laws are a failure of huge proportions, and millions upon millions have taken advantage of that, yet you blindly follow some imaginary concept spoon-fed to you by leftist MSM.

Have you ever took a step back and thought that maybe it's you that is blindly following someone? You are buying into the histeria that Trump has spewed since his very first campaign stop.

If the immigration laws are a failure, then fix them in Congress, that is the only way. I have presented to you conclusive evidence that Trump lied about terrorists being in the caravan (He said himself he had no proof). That the military does not believe there to be any threat from the migrants and the fact that the military will only be able to act in a supporting non combat role when they get there.

But still, you continue to believe that this is a good use of our taxpayer money.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Dbl
edit on 2-11-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
US Marines and Navy aren’t covered under The Posse Comitatus act.

Yes, yes they are covered by it. It is right there in the quote you posted. Surely you read it all the way through?

According to Lujan (1997), the Air Force was added to the original language in 1956. Although the Navy and Marine Corps are not included in the act, they were made subject to it by DoD Regulation (32 C.F.R. Section 213.2, 1992).

The posse comitatus act is a law. The DOD regulation is a regulation . You don’t need act of Congress to override a DOD regulation . Mattis or Trump can overrule that with a wave of the hand .

link   

originally posted by: neo96

Sure is.

Or his haters wouldn't be trying to sue him.

www.foxnews.com...

So let me get this straight. Since they are suing in a court of law, that makes them dangerous? Is that your argument?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

US Marines and Navy aren’t covered under The Posse Comitatus act.

Yes, yes they are covered by it. It is right there in the quote you posted. Surely you read it all the way through?

According to Lujan (1997), the Air Force was added to the original language in 1956. Although the Navy and Marine Corps are not included in the act, they were made subject to it by DoD Regulation (32 C.F.R. Section 213.2, 1992).

The posse comitatus act as a law. The DOD regulation is a regulation . You don’t need act of Congress to override a DOD regulation .

Very true. Now show me where that regulation has been changed or go away.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I don't believe he lied about the terrorists..."Guatemalan President Jimmy Morales announced in October 2018 the arrest and deportation of 100 people "highly linked to terrorist groups, specifically ISIS." I think he's lying about them being caught in the caravan..but if they are in Guatemala then clearly there is a good chance that they will embed themselves in the caravan..

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Hopefully in about a month shortly before the caravan arrives.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

The fact that these caravans happen all the time is beyond concerning.

Even if this caravan doesn't hold terrorists, the likelihood that caravans never contain terrorists or vagrants is essentially 0%.

The fact that a sitting president wants to spend tax dollars and our military's time on supporting our agencies responsible for properly overseeing and securing our border is awesome.

In my mind, as an American, the inability to secure our sovereign nation's border is deeply troubling & the fact that many would rather have no or open borders without realizing it's a direct threat to our nation is mind-numbing.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

They are not enforcing domestic law. They are preventing a foreign invasion lol. That's like the military's primary purpose or have you just gotten so used to them fighting foreign wars that you don't remember that?

Jaden

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

I don't believe he lied about the terrorists..."Guatemalan President Jimmy Morales announced in October 2018 the arrest and deportation of 100 people "highly linked to terrorist groups, specifically ISIS." I think he's lying about them being caught in the caravan..but if they are in Guatemala then clearly there is a good chance that they will embed themselves in the caravan..

Why would they do that when it’d be much easier to just come through Saudi Arabia like they always do?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: InTheLight

www.bbc.com...

Has anyone interviewed the migrants to ask why they refused it? I want to hear it from them.

Why does it matter.
If the plan is to request asylum in the states they are not obligated to accept it if offered somewhere else.

Did you ever think their initial plan was to save their lives first, then seek help afterwards? Some accepted 'temporary' asylum in Mexico - whatever 'temporary' means. These people have children in tow and their futures are most likely a priority.

link   
How are illegal's any different than a band of hobo's coming onto your property setting up camp then making their way into your home helping themselves to all your food etc..? It's same same in my opinion and we have a right to defend our property & homes.

link   
a reply to: neo96

Why his haters? I'm sure they're fighting for their right to apply for asylum. Your comment makes no sense.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

www.bbc.com...

You know good and well, it is their choice if they want asylum in Mexico. Wanting asylum in the US over Mexico is not a crime. If I was in their shoes and I had kids depending on me I would probably want to live in the US over Mexico too. I assume you would as well. But you know what? Some of them did accept asylum offers in Mexico.

You can't fault people for attempting to better themselves and find a safe place to live.

Which is in no way the "following the law" you touted previously.
Why can't they simply follow the law?

What in God's name are you talking about? In what way are they not following the law? There is no law that requires them to accept an asylum offer from Mexico and there is no law that states they cannot apply for asylum in the United States.

So again I ask you, what is your point?

The way I understand the process to become an asylee or refugee, you must refuse to return to your country of origin due to a well-founded fear that you will be persecuted based on your race, religion, nationality, social group, or political opinion. Then A referral from the United Nations Refugee Agency (UNCHR) is needed for getting into the U.S. Resettlement Program (USRAP).
The point is that Mexico has offered to help these people why should they not accept it?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: CADpro
How are illegal's any different than a band of hobo's coming onto your property setting up camp then making their way into your home helping themselves to all your food etc..? It's same same in my opinion and we have a right to defend our property & homes.

Whoever had a band of hobo's set up camp on their property? Anyone?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

No, I mean just what I typed.

Oh I am sorry, there was some confusion with that with respect to your earlier posts in this thread, excuse my confusion.
It seems you are confused about us asylum laws, asylum isn't offered by the us, as mexico so generously did for the caravan members, asylum has to be applied for. If they want to follow our laws and apply for asylum I say good on them and let them. As asylum has an actual legal definition, I doubt that many of the caravan members would meet that specific definition.
How these people being granted asylum would negatively impact my life would make an interesting thread. You should start one pm me and I will participate.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

If the immigration laws are a failure, then fix them in Congress, that is the only way.

So this mess isn't all Trump's fault? Exactly. Have you ever thought that maybe he is putting pressure on Congress to do the duty they've kicked down the road for so long?

This is the first President I've seen with the balls and inherent personal responsibility to pick up the kicked-down-the-road cans---from China to immigration and many other things in between.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join