It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Military Documents show the caravan isn't the threat Trump claims it is.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: BlackJackal

How many of these 1400 illegal immigrants will you be inviting to live in your home?

Won't "the people" of the sanctuary cities and the leaders there be stepping up?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

No one on the left

It is amazing how words can mean such different things to different people.

By that I meant no one in power, as in it isn’t a platform of the left.

Surely you aren’t trying to work from a literal definition of words when it suits you?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Is this the time to panic? I wore brown pants today so I can panic if this is the right time.

Orange man bad!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

PANIC!

I see can't contribute to the argument so you attempt to distract.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

How many of these 1400 illegal immigrants will you be inviting to live in your home?

Won't "the people" of the sanctuary cities and the leaders there be stepping up?

Why? To put people in circumstances that could be just as difficult as where they came from?

What good is going to new land if you don't have a plan?

If people really want to help more get in, the best way would be to start a business and offer them jobs prior to arrival, so they can secure a visa.

Further more, make sure you have people who can translate and provide resources so they can learn how to assimilate quickly reducing stress.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

No one on the left

It is amazing how words can mean such different things to different people.

By that I meant no one in power, as in it isn’t a platform of the left.

Surely you aren’t trying to work from a literal definition of words when it suits you?

It is at least good to know that you don't post what you actually mean.
Fair enough warning.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

And illegal immigrants have a process to become legal immigrants ... just like our relatives did - it is called getting in line

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

So if you're not for open borders then you must realize that orderly systems must be in place and some kind of order has to be implemented. Therefore it's hard to understand your complaint unless you have a program override that insists on "Orange Man Bad."

Who didn't see another jackal post of great spin--with attendant hyenas--coming this morning? If you didn't, you will next time.

link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinkerWhat good is going to new land if you don't have a plan?

well it worked for columbus.

link   

This will be a good look at the US border.

So whats different this time than all the other migrant caravans? What makes this one so special?

link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

As a B-side, I can see why the right loves arguing with its head in the sand. It’s intoxicating.

Maybe I should try this more often. You guys are on to something.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Who didn't see another jackal post of great spin--with attendant hyenas--coming this morning? If you didn't, you will next time.

It appears to me no more than a common lie, but I tend to be plain spoken.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

So if you're not for open borders then you must realize that orderly systems must be in place and some kind of order has to be implemented. Therefore it's hard to understand your complaint unless you have a program override that insists on "Orange Man Bad."

Spin? Nothing but facts my friend.

But I guess that's the problem isn't it. The facts make you uncomfortable so you reclassify them as 'spin' in your mind so that you don't have to confront the fact that you follow a con man.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Is this the time to panic? I wore brown pants today so I can panic if this is the right time.

Orange man bad!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

PANIC!

I see can't contribute to the argument so you attempt to distract.

What argument?

You hate Trump, conflate an imaginary scenario, and try to argue logically against a strawman you constructed.

I used humor to illustrate how inane your premise is, and to subtly mock your attempt at drawing imaginary conclusions based on your irrational hatred.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5

originally posted by: CriticalStinkerWhat good is going to new land if you don't have a plan?

well it worked for columbus.

And not those of Roanoke Island.

My point is set people up for success rather than using them as political pawns or the but end of virtue signalling.

The debate isn't about pro-immigration vs anti-immigration....

We're a nation of immigrants and everyone is willing to accept that.

The debate is about how to accept them so they are set up for success in a manner that keeps balance in our work force/market/government spending.

Unfortunately party lines often delude the substance of the argument.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

My complaint is that orderly systems are already in place, and the “caravan” isn’t even as large as some recent ones that didn’t make the news at all, and guess what?

We’re still here. The border still exists. It wasn’t torn down by an angry invading mob like the president wants you to believe will happen.

Trump isn’t bringing “order” to the border. He’s bringing fear into the minds of his base hoping that translates into mid term votes.
edit on 2-11-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

link   

As a B-side, I can see why the right loves arguing with its head in the sand. It’s intoxicating.

Did you really mean libertarians? I am confused?

link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder

And illegal immigrants have a process to become legal immigrants ... just like our relatives did - it is called getting in line

And there is a legal process to apply for asylum. By all reports that is what this group of people intend to do. Follow the law.

I have no desire for open borders, none at all. All I am pointing out is that Trump is wasting taxpayer money on a political stunt for an invented problem. There have been migrant caravans for at least the last decade, probably longer. What makes this one so special?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Military intel is always 100 percent spot on.

Plus they never lie to the american people.

So given those two facts, this is pretty much 100 percent solid.

Sweet gymnastics, can you do a flip too?

The people controlling you keep telling you everything is a lie in order to lie to you dummies. And you eat it up and perform advance mental gymnastics just to keep the story straight.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: InTheLight

Why? To put people in circumstances that could be just as difficult as where they came from?

What good is going to new land if you don't have a plan?

If people really want to help more get in, the best way would be to start a business and offer them jobs prior to arrival, so they can secure a visa.

Further more, make sure you have people who can translate and provide resources so they can learn how to assimilate quickly reducing stress.

There are organizations out there now that can do all that and if you want to help then you all can.

www.globalcitizen.org...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Did you really mean libertarians? I am confused?

Potato potahto.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join