It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Military Documents show the caravan isn't the threat Trump claims it is.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CADpro
a reply to: underwerks

Twist it anyway that makes you feel good inside.

Upset that the facts are against your position so your response is to accuse others of manipulation.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: BlackJackal

Well, all I can say is that if they attempt to cross the border illegally into the US then their chances for asylum are about nothing.

I don't think anyone who has posted in this thread would disagree with that.
I also don't think it is too much to ask those who would start a new life here to follow our laws for that process.

I thought applying for asylum was following the law?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: BlackJackal

So during your walk somewhere around St. Louis someone says hey I will give you a modest 3 bedroom 1 bath house if you quit walking. Some of the people may take that offer and no longer move on. The ones that keep on walking are not doing so because 'they really weren't looking for a home' but rather they had their eyes set on the bigger house in California.

Yeah, that totally suggests it's not about asylum but about having "bigger eyes" for something.

If you had the choice between living in Mexico or the US, what would you choose?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

So during your walk somewhere around St. Louis someone says hey I will give you a modest 3 bedroom 1 bath house if you quit walking. Some of the people may take that offer and no longer move on. The ones that keep on walking are not doing so because 'they really weren't looking for a home' but rather they had their eyes set on the bigger house in California.

Yeah, that totally suggests it's not about asylum but about having "bigger eyes" for something.

If you had the choice between living in Mexico or the US, what would you choose?

That implies the choice part.

I'm an American, and would be hard pressed to just go live in Canada or another country without a job or schooling to justify a long term visa.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I posted this just a few days ago on another thread.

From your own link.

en.wikipedia.org...

Exclusions and limitations

There are a number of situations in which the Act does not apply. These include:

Army and Air National Guard units and state defense forces while under the authority of the governor of a state.
Federal armed forces used in accordance to the Insurrection Act, as was the case of the 1st Marine Division and 7th Infantry Division being sent to curtail the 1992 Los Angeles riots.
Under 18 U.S.C. § 831, the Attorney General may request that the Secretary of Defense provide emergency assistance if domestic law enforcement is inadequate to address certain types of threats involving the release of nuclear materials, such as potential use of a nuclear or radiological weapon. Such assistance may be by any personnel under the authority of the Department of Defense, provided such assistance does not adversely affect U.S. military preparedness. The only exemption is the deployment of nuclear materials on the part of the United States Armed Forces.
Enforcement of federal law at the discretion of the President of the United States, such as with the 101st Airborne Division by President Dwight D. Eisenhower to integrate Little Rock Central High School in 1957.[citation needed]
Support roles under the Joint Special Operations Command.
Provide surveillance, intelligence gathering, observation, and equipment for domestic law enforcement on operations such as drug interdiction and counter-terrorism missions.

So yes, under certain circumstances, the military can be used domestically.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Well, all I can say is that if they attempt to cross the border illegally into the US then their chances for asylum are about nothing.

I also don't think it is too much to ask those who would start a new life here to follow our laws for that process.

Perhaps you meant to post something else again? Or to someone else? How would breaking into mexico be applying for asylum?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I could apply for a job.... Doesn't mean I can show up to work right when I turn it in if you catch my drift.

link   
All this faux-outrage and pseudo-cries of compassion...

Stop lying, none of you care about these poor migrants more than the next person. This is just more of the same -- look for any reason to keep the perpetual hate-fest alive and running, otherwise most of you wouldn't know what to do with yourselves.

I would tell you guys to at least be honest about it, but hey, by any means necessary right?

Saying you guys are getting tiresome is a massive understatement, but go and get your hate on I guess.

link   

If I were actually fleeing for my family's safety I would take the offer of asylum against the unsure gambit. Someone is leading these folk on and feeding them unrealistic ideas. That should be where our anger is directed. It's unconscionable.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Perhaps you meant to post something else again? Or to someone else? How would breaking into mexico be applying for asylum?

On what planet is breaking into Mexico breaking into the U.S.? I’m really trying to understand your reasoning here.

Why are you under the impression that this is a group of people walking thousands of miles to tear down the border and force their way in? Is this seriously what you believe is happening?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Bigger eyes, may be to them acquiring a low paying job to be able to feed their family.

As fewer migrant workers come into the country, specialty fruit and vegetable producers say they're experiencing a worker shortage that has forced them to pay higher wages. With a national average wage of roughly $12 an hour, most American workers don't want to do the work for that pay, industry sources said. The shortage has incited the American Farm Bureau Federation to ask Congress to consider issuing more agricultural worker visas. "This issue is critical for our farmers, who need access to a legal and stable workforce," said Kristi Boswell, director of Congressional relations for the organization. "We need Congress to pass legislation to make that happen."

money.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Easy way out.
Nuke em!

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Perhaps you are confused? Did this "caravan" not break into mexico?
The did not follow the law to enter mexico, why should anyone expect they will follow the law to enter the usa?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Easy way out.
Nuke em!

I can respect that, at least you’re being honest.

Unlike everyone else beating around the bush not wanting to say why they really think letting asylum seekers into the country is a bad idea.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

If I were actually fleeing for my family's safety I would take the offer of asylum against the unsure gambit. Someone is leading these folk on and feeding them unrealistic ideas. That should be where our anger is directed. It's unconscionable.

You have no proof that someone is leading them on. Historically, these caravans have always done this. According to the data only 20% of the original people make it to the US. That indicates that the other 80% either went home or accepted asylum offers from other countries.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

The did not follow the law to enter mexico, why should anyone expect they will follow the law to enter the usa?

Of course, some will try to enter into the U.S.A. undetected and try to start a better life without having to go in front of a Justice and be denied asylum, which is what your government does, especially to people with children that claim violence and poverty.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

According to this...we can outright refuse to grant them asylum before they even get here if they are informed before hand.
www.britannica.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Of course, some will try to enter into the U.S.A. undetected and try to start a better life without having to go in front of a Justice and be denied asylum, which is what your government does, especially to people with children that claim violence and poverty.

If we cant break the law then we should have no mercy on those who do.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Maybe because the USA is their end destination and not Mexico? Plus, isn’t the 15,000 troops Trump is sending to stop the 1,400 “invaders” going to make sure of that?

Or are we supposed to believe our border is being overrun and that our border isn’t being overrun at the same time?

I’m curious if you guys have even reflected on how you believe two contradictory things.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: pinkunderwears

How are illegal's any different than a band of hobo's coming onto your property setting up camp then making their way into your home helping themselves to all your food etc..? It's same same in my opinion and we have a right to defend our property & homes.

Because they aren’t coming here to literally force their way into your home and take your food. They just want a chance at the same American life we were lucky enough to be born into. And I’d think it’s our duty as freedom loving Americans to offer that same chance to people from less fortunate countries.

There are millions of people in the world in worse conditions than they are, how many should we accept? Should we take a 100 million in tomorrow? You're not getting your open borders wish no matter how many times you close your eyes and blow out the candles on your birthday cake pal.

originally posted by: BlackWhackal
This mess in an invention by Trump. Caravans happen all the time.

Did any of the previous caravans throw rocks, tear down gates and act violently? I haven't seen any videos of the previous caravans acting like an invading force. And if they did that just proves more to the point we need to fix the issue with these violent rogue demanding entrance caravans.

originally posted by: pinkunderwears

a reply to: pinkunderwears

Coming across the border illegally is the same thing. That's why it's called illegal.

Applying for asylum at the border is coming across illegally?

Interesting.

Looking for a better job is not an excuse for asylum, they were offered that in Mexico and some did not accept. Technically they are supposed to accept asylum in the first country that offers it. We already have 22 million Illegals here. The American taxpayers have done more than their share of helping people south of us. If you wanna donate to help these countries please do so. Don't force American taxpayers who feel the social safety net of our country is under enough weight as it is to put more burden on us while we still have people in need here.

I was arguing with another liberal on facebook who was arguing against voter ID laws. They said we have poor citizens who can't afford to buy a ID and are so poor they can't even afford a car or uber to get them to the polls. I told this liberal its funny that you say we have citizens who can't afford a 10 dollar ID yet you want to take care of illegals from other countries first? That shut their mouth and they didn't respond back.

If you can't understand that then tough $hit.

You and Jackalwhackal go down there and fight with the military to let the invaders in and see how that works out for you.

edit on 2-11-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join