It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Military Documents show the caravan isn't the threat Trump claims it is.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CADpro
How are illegal's any different than a band of hobo's coming onto your property setting up camp then making their way into your home helping themselves to all your food etc..? It's same same in my opinion and we have a right to defend our property & homes.

Because they aren’t coming here to literally force their way into your home and take your food. They just want a chance at the same American life we were lucky enough to be born into. And I’d think it’s our duty as freedom loving Americans to offer that same chance to people from less fortunate countries.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Coming across the border illegally is the same thing. That's why it's called illegal.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

No, I mean just what I typed.

Oh I am sorry, there was some confusion with that with respect to your earlier posts in this thread, excuse my confusion.
It seems you are confused about us asylum laws, asylum isn't offered by the us, as mexico so generously did for the caravan members, asylum has to be applied for. If they want to follow our laws and apply for asylum I say good on them and let them. As asylum has an actual legal definition, I doubt that many of the caravan members would meet that specific definition.
How these people being granted asylum would negatively impact my life would make an interesting thread. You should start one pm me and I will participate.

Like I said earlier. There is no law that says they are required to accept asylum from Mexico. Maybe if they are turned down by the US they will accept Mexico's offer.

What is wrong with that?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: neo96

Why his haters? I'm sure they're fighting for their right to apply for asylum. Your comment makes no sense.

There is no right to willfully BREAK THE GD LAW.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

How are illegal's any different than a band of hobo's coming onto your property setting up camp then making their way into your home helping themselves to all your food etc..? It's same same in my opinion and we have a right to defend our property & homes.

Whoever had a band of hobo's set up camp on their property? Anyone?

I have found their camps while hunting on private property does that count?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

Like I said earlier. There is no law that says they are required to accept asylum from Mexico. Maybe if they are turned down by the US they will accept Mexico's offer.

What is wrong with that?

That it suggests that legitimate asylum isn't what many of them are really seeking.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

If the immigration laws are a failure, then fix them in Congress, that is the only way.

So this mess isn't all Trump's fault? Exactly. Have you ever thought that maybe he is putting pressure on Congress to do the duty they've kicked down the road for so long?

This is the first President I've seen with the balls and inherent personal responsibility to pick up the kicked-down-the-road cans---from China to immigration and many other things in between.

This mess in an invention by Trump. Caravans happen all the time. This one is no difference and does not require the military's assistance to handle. Yet, since this caravan happened close to the election Trump is using this as a political stunt to anger his base. This has absolutely nothing to do with getting Congress to do anything. He hasn't once during this caravan news cycle asked Congress to change any laws. So what proof do you have of this theory?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

So this caravan is going to a point of entry to start the process to apply for asylum? That is vastly different from the video of them breaking down the fences to gain entry into Mexico, is it not?
If you could provide the source for that intent, that would be great. Otherwise a mob of 7k to 14k people with intentions of crossing our southern border illegally, after they have done the same to other sovereign nations should, in my opinion, be dealt with appropriately. As they have previously demonstrated themselves to be criminals they should be dealt with as such.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Coming across the border illegally is the same thing. That's why it's called illegal.

Applying for asylum at the border is coming across illegally?

Interesting.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

What is wrong with that?

That it suggests that legitimate asylum isn't what many of them are really seeking.

I’d posit that asylum in Mexico and asylum in the United States are two different things.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

And what law have they broken? Filing a suit is no criminal behaviour.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

originally posted by: [post=23919393]InTheLight[/post

Whoever had a band of hobo's set up camp on their property? Anyone?

I have found their camps while hunting on private property does that count?

No, because perhaps the owner is allowing them to stay. Remember Woodstock?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

What is wrong with that?

Really? Come on that is not logically sound at all. Let's paint a hypothetical scenario shall we. You are walking across the country with your family looking for a new home with a bunch of other people. Let's call it a caravan.

So during your walk somewhere around St. Louis someone says hey I will give you a modest 3 bedroom 1 bath house if you quit walking. Some of the people may take that offer and no longer move on. The ones that keep on walking are not doing so because 'they really weren't looking for a home' but rather they had their eyes set on the bigger house in California.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Twist it anyway that makes you feel good inside.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

So this caravan is going to a point of entry to start the process to apply for asylum? That is vastly different from the video of them breaking down the fences to gain entry into Mexico, is it not?
If you could provide the source for that intent, that would be great. Otherwise a mob of 7k to 14k people with intentions of crossing our southern border illegally, after they have done the same to other sovereign nations should, in my opinion, be dealt with appropriately. As they have previously demonstrated themselves to be criminals they should be dealt with as such.

Well, all I can say is that if they attempt to cross the border illegally into the US then their chances for asylum are about nothing. But like I pointed out earlier, the military only expects a 'mob' of ~1400 to make it to the border.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Twist it anyway that makes you feel good inside.

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project — We’re here.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Peeple

Why his haters? I'm sure they're fighting for their right to apply for asylum. Your comment makes no sense.

There is no right to willfully BREAK THE GD LAW.

In what way is applying for asylum 'BREAKING THE GD LAW'? I want to hear this one.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

This mess in an invention by Trump. Caravans happen all the time.

The dichotomy inherent in your cognitive dissonance is impressive from a psychological standpoint. I mean, do we have a problem with our immigration system or not? You seem to agree that it's a problem that Congress has failed to address in any real way.

I believe that Trump is consistent with his own long-stated views on those problems. "Problems" are campaign issues. So, yeah, in that sense Trump is making it an issue and "firing up his base" but then again he's not the one who organized the caravans.

Whoever organized this and led these folk on are the true despicable players in all this.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Well, all I can say is that if they attempt to cross the border illegally into the US then their chances for asylum are about nothing.

I don't think anyone who has posted in this thread would disagree with that.
I also don't think it is too much to ask those who would start a new life here to follow our laws for that process.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

So during your walk somewhere around St. Louis someone says hey I will give you a modest 3 bedroom 1 bath house if you quit walking. Some of the people may take that offer and no longer move on. The ones that keep on walking are not doing so because 'they really weren't looking for a home' but rather they had their eyes set on the bigger house in California.

Yeah, that totally suggests it's not about asylum but about having "bigger eyes" for something.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join