It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Military Documents show the caravan isn't the threat Trump claims it is.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

So they are not coming to America then? They are just going to stop at the border? Baring that, they are a threat. They are drug dealers, murderers and rapists. Its not for us to decide who is what exactly. That is for the State Department through legal immigration.

Another left wing terrorist trying to allow his terrorist buddies into the USA though lies, fake news, aka left wing propaganda..

Try again..

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Of course, some will try to enter into the U.S.A. undetected and try to start a better life without having to go in front of a Justice and be denied asylum, which is what your government does, especially to people with children that claim violence and poverty.

Perhaps they should have applied for a visa and not asylum they do not qualify for?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: underwerks

Perhaps you are confused? Did this "caravan" not break into mexico?
The did not follow the law to enter mexico, why should anyone expect they will follow the law to enter the usa?

Maybe because the USA is their end destination and not Mexico? Plus, isn’t the 15,000 troops Trump is sending to stop the 1,400 “invaders” going to make sure of that?

Or are we supposed to believe our border is being overrun and that our border isn’t being overrun at the same time?

I’m curious if you guys have even reflected on how you believe two contradictory things.

So they did break into mexico?
So they are criminals?
And mexico has generously offered asylum to them?
Yet they are still marching towards the USA?
Hmm...sounds to me like they have no respect for the rule of law.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

How many of these 1400 illegal immigrants will you be inviting to live in your home?

I've never understood this mentality from the Right. Why would they need to stay in people's homes? You guys have entire towns sitting empty.

Now I'm not suggesting that all, what maybe 1400 refugees that actually come to the border get in but if they did, that's not how it would work.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

originally posted by: pinkunderwears

originally posted by: CADpro
How are illegal's any different than a band of hobo's coming onto your property setting up camp then making their way into your home helping themselves to all your food etc..? It's same same in my opinion and we have a right to defend our property & homes.

Because they aren’t coming here to literally force their way into your home and take your food. They just want a chance at the same American life we were lucky enough to be born into. And I’d think it’s our duty as freedom loving Americans to offer that same chance to people from less fortunate countries.

There are millions of people in the world in worse conditions than they are, how many should we accept? Should we take a 100 million in tomorrow? You're not getting your open borders wish no matter how many times you close your eyes and blow out the candles on your birthday cake pal.

originally posted by: BlackWhackal
This mess in an invention by Trump. Caravans happen all the time.

Did any of the previous caravans throw rocks, tear down gates and act violently? I haven't seen any videos of the previous caravans acting like an invading force. And if they did that just proves more to the point we need to fix the issue with these violent rogue demanding entrance caravans.

originally posted by: pinkunderwears

originally posted by: CADpro
a reply to: pinkunderwears

Coming across the border illegally is the same thing. That's why it's called illegal.

Applying for asylum at the border is coming across illegally?

Interesting.

Looking for a better job is not an excuse for asylum, they were offered that in Mexico and some did not accept. Technically they are supposed to accept asylum in the first country that offers it. We already have 22 million Illegals here. The American taxpayers have done more than their share of helping people south of us. If you wanna donate to help these countries please do so. Don't force American taxpayers who feel the social safety net of our country is under enough weight as it is to put more burden on us while we still have people in need here.

I was arguing with another liberal on facebook who was arguing against voter ID laws. They said we have poor citizens who can't afford to buy a ID and are so poor they can't even afford a car or uber to get them to the polls. I told this liberal its funny that you say we have citizens who can't afford a 10 dollar ID yet you want to take care of illegals from other countries first? That shut their mouth and they didn't respond back.

If you can't understand that then tough $hit.

You and Jackalwhackal go down there and fight with the military to let the invaders in and see how that works out for you.

Here are the requirements for asylum:

Asylum has three basic requirements. First, an asylum applicant must establish that he or she fears persecution in their home country.[4]

Second, the applicant must prove that he or she would be persecuted on account of one of five protected grounds: race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or particular social group.

Third, an applicant must establish that the government is either involved in the persecution, or unable to control the conduct of private actors.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Any asylum seeker who doesn’t meet those requirements will be denied asylum, as they should be. It isn’t illegal to come to America seeking asylum. People showing up seeking asylum doesn’t mean the borders are being torn down by invaders. That’s the hyperbole I’m arguing against.

If it’s the taxpayers footing the bill for welfare you’re concerned about I’m curious why you are singling out social welfare which is a drop in the bucket compared to the corporate welfare that makes up the majority of welfare in this country?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
In the end when the caravan isn't allowed in the US, who are they gonna be pissed at? They will be very upset first of all for being used as pawns and also being told it will be OK to cross the border illegally to the land of FREE SHTUFF !

link   

The did not follow the law to enter mexico, why should anyone expect they will follow the law to enter the usa?

Maybe because the USA is their end destination and not Mexico? Plus, isn’t the 15,000 troops Trump is sending to stop the 1,400 “invaders” going to make sure of that?

Or are we supposed to believe our border is being overrun and that our border isn’t being overrun at the same time?

I’m curious if you guys have even reflected on how you believe two contradictory things.

So they are criminals?

Sounds to me like they want asylum in the U.S. instead of Mexico. Why are you so against that?

link   

Of course, some will try to enter into the U.S.A. undetected and try to start a better life without having to go in front of a Justice and be denied asylum, which is what your government does, especially to people with children that claim violence and poverty.

Perhaps they should have applied for a visa and not asylum they do not qualify for?

Your system makes sure that they have lost before they have begun.

www.shautsova.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
/trump is so obviously trying to get the baser elements of his base all stirred up to vote by his usual even baser tactics, since intelligence and honesty doesn't work on them. (not that he could be intelligent and honest)
Spreading fear and bigotry. It's what he does.
edit on 11/2/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Question to you and BlackJackal... If they act like this at our border do you justify it? Yes or No?

edit on 2-11-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
So just a question. Say these migrants actually did make it to america then what? What are they actually going to do? I don't understand....you can't just walk into a country...they cross the border then what? What are they going to do? Where are they going to even go? Are they just going to camp in the #ing desert? It's not like they'll be welcomed anywhere where there's citizens and legal immigrants, they can't get homes, they can't get jobs...im sure some could...but not an entire caravan...

It's not like they're sneaking in....I mean they've been watching the caravan since it left Honduras. I just really don't understand what everybody expects to happen....the people in the caravan and everybody else.

It all just seems pointless....they're going to be arrested and deported even if they make it...

edit on 2/11/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Recognizing human suffering and people stepping up trying to help them is not pointless.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Perhaps your nation would be kind enough to take in those who do not qualify for asylum here?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

Question to you and BlackJackal... If they act like this at our border do you justify it? Yes or No?

No, not at all. The thing you guys keep missing is that, America isn’t Guatemala or Mexico.

Why would these people walk thousands of miles only to destroy their chance of being let into the U.S. by trying to tear down the border?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

So they are criminals?

Your lack of a grasp on logic is astounding. You really want to make a ton of cognitive leaps without anything to hold you up.

For the 900th time, just because you don't accept an asylum offer from one country does not in any way indicate that you intend to illegally enter another country.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I am not against those who qualify for asylum to be taken in. You are confused again.
Why do you seem to back criminals?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

So do you expect the thousands of hungry and tired migrants that were denied to just turn around and walk back home?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Oh No! who do the Patriots trust, their leader or the Military they claim to love, who do they call "fake news"? who do they call "Deep-State globalist"

Soro's must be controlling the army now!!!!
edit on 2-11-2018 by XAnarchistX because: (no reason given)

link   

Perhaps your nation would be kind enough to take in those who do not qualify for asylum here?

I know your farmers will gladly hire them because nobody else there wants to do the hard work. Why do you begrudge them a chance at a better life?

Americans are sharply divided over what to do about illegal immigration in the United States. Conservatives have been harshly critical of the Obama administration for blocking a controversial Arizona law intended to identify and deport more illegal immigrants, who critics say are taking American jobs. But farmers across the country have a different view. As Americans have moved away from agriculture, farm employers say they have come to rely on illegal immigrants to harvest the fresh fruits and vegetables on the nation's dinner tables.

www.voanews.com...
edit on 111CDT12America/Chicago033121230 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

link   

Perhaps I am mistaken, did this caravan not break into mexico?
Was the video of them breaking border fences not accurate?
Are you suggesting criminal history not be taken into consideration when evaluating an asylum request?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join