It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would be the best state to live in if the US collapses?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

Big cities might have advantages if you go cannibal and want to eat organic. Today's menu? Lesbian vegan yoga instructor.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

True, you can't worry about every disaster, but I have my own personal feelings about the New Madrid fault. I just don't want to be near there. Just as some people choose not to be near the coast of Florida because of the chance of hurricanes.

For the people that are saying, oh' don't worry about it.

The people that worry about things, are the ones that are prepared, and the ones that don't will be the ones begging, or worse. I'm sure in the 1930s many Americans didn't think there could be a great depression either.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Whatever location you choose, you need to be there already, or have a prepared property and a means to get yourself there in short order. Also know your neighbors there and be on good terms with them.

Anyone thinking they're just gonna hop in the car and drive until they find someplace unclaimed with good resources might want to think again. I'm within desperation-walking distance of a major metro area, with a river between as a natural barrier. Let's just say any outsider who tries staking a claim (or shows up thinking they're entitled to a hotel room) will be in for... a disappointment.

Maybe your area will be more forgiving. I just wouldn't want to be among the unprepared if things unravel!

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Texas is too close to the Mexican border. Between the drug cartels, the corrupt Mexican government and the rest of the leftists in south America trying to enter the U.S. illegally, plus the fact that through the borders is how mostly the UN will enter the U.S. when civil war/mass rioting breaks in the U.S. States close to the borders won't stand against this push by the left for long. These states, close to the borders, will be the first ones to fall once it all begins.

edit on 14-10-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Texas is too close to the Mexican border. Between the drug cartels, the corrupt Mexican government and the rest of the leftists in south America trying to enter the U.S. illegally,

If the US collapses, you have to worry about everyone around you, not just people from South America.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Currently I live in Northern Middle Tennessee, Six miles to the Kentucky border. Very secluded. It takes about an hour to just get to an interstate.
Plenty of fresh water
Cave systems
Great crop area, including tobacco
Small community that is close knit & Protective
I would definitely stay here to start and if things went downhill I would hit ease onto Barren River.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

If the US collapses, you have to worry about everyone around you, not just people from South America.

In main cities yes, you do have to worry about people. Food, potable water, medicine, etc will run out in big cities fast, and it will be a struggle. But in areas, similar to where I live, people have learned to depend on themselves. There is plenty of potable water, lots of hunting, lots of fishing, etc. Where I live neighbors are good people. When a neighbor hunts, people around here share their hunt with other neighbors, and we all have different skills that help each other. It's fairly isolated from very large metropolitan areas. These are the type of areas in which people will survive. Hunting, the second amendment, the right to free speech, etc are still very important to the majority of the people, and are respected in my state. Most people don't think anything will happen, or that the government will solve whatever problem comes along, and those are the people who will be caught unprepared.

edit on 14-10-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

new zealand ?

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlbBlack
a reply to: putnam6

I'm living with fallingdown (love the movie) when it happens they produce liquor!

Yea it is a great movie one of my favorites, and yea that liquor is gonna be a valuable commodity too.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: putnam6

Then there is for those who are not Ready to Concede their Lives to Outrageous Fortune , a Safe Place , the Seas . With some Money and Planing ,the Mobility of Sailing to Destinations that offer a Safe Harbor when the Land Locked become Victims of Circumstance , is another Option ..

Yes it would especially if you had a decent sail boat, but it presents challenges too, military would likely be swarming round,you got no cover or concealment. On the oceans water would be a valuable and constant need, while fishing would be easy. You would have to be an weather watcher for storms etc. Not to mention navigation.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

That's right.

If you know what's good for you , you wont come near us here in florida.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   
We need to apply PRAYER FIRST , PRAY FOR EACHOTHER , learn to live on less, learn to give and share with others ,don't be lazy ! Find others that have like minds , that have common goals , share resources and knowledge....This world humans are destroying and are to blame so we are gona suffer for that but this is the best weapon is to PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY GENUINELY....GOD BLESS YOU ALL

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
It has to be Mexico.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Well funny you mentioned New Zealand, it appears all the rich folks are prepping for something, and NZ seems to be their go to getaway spot. Wonder why that is, and what they are preparing for....

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I'd probably head as far north into Canada as I could. Plenty of natural resources, hardly any people.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I'd probably head as far north into Canada as I could. Plenty of natural resources, hardly any people.

We here in Canada will also be prepared for anything.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Read through this post for all seven pages.

It kind of warmed my hear that everyone wants to go north and west. I all ready have a secure place here at home and guess I will have to do like my grand parents did during the depression of the thirties. But, this time we will do it pretty much alone.

My grand father told me, several times, the only difference he noticed was when he could buy grandma's "store bought" flour again. They were so accustom to raising everything for themselves, they only bought flour from a store. He never cared for tobacco and made his own "shine".

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Where i currently reside in northern California / southern Oregon also known as the beautiful state of Jefferson, we have a pretty well woven community of veterans, weapon and survival experts, loggers, hunters... the list goes on and on. I wouldn't call said community doomsday preppers, would rather call us conscious lovers of life.

We have water storage, food storage, streams, creeks, wild game, fertile farm land, a well stocked fish reservoir and a well organized militia to protect our interests.

Currently there are only 3 ways into our area, and if the time ever does come there will be 0. After said time your looking at miles and miles of hiking through a vast incline of mountainous region, deemed extremely difficult to navigate by experts.

I'm not that extreme when it comes to prepping, but the community out here doesn't play around, and have been taking this way of life seriously for years. Hard to become apart of, but once you do the man to the left and woman to your right, are family.

My 2 cents when it comes to the glorified dollar of doomsday.

Cheers!
-StS

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Least populated with most forest and easy retreats to areas inaccessible by roads.

My retreat would be the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

Population 300k, 3% of Michigan's population and half of Michigan's footprint, equidistant from both coasts, mostly big woods, bordering 3 great lakes (fresh water and water transport - to Canada if needed), abundant wildlife, bear, deer etc.

You can drive through parts of the UP for 30-40 minutes at 60 MPH and never see a home or mailbox. Just big woods and lakes. Hundreds and hundreds of miles of Snowmobile and ATV trails.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Any place but america. Americans would rip each other apart for scraps. Hell even mexico would be safer.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join