It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would be the best state to live in if the US collapses?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I would say the state that is the most forested and mountainous with the least people in it. Problem is when you get there you will have to deal with all the individuals who made it there before you. I think the best bet would be to band together with your friends or neighbors and try to survive as a group. Trying to make it cross country during a SHTF scenario would be a longshot at best. Within a couple weeks when the food runs out, most people are going to want to kill you on sight just to get whatever you have, if not eat you outright. Civilization goes out the window after missing half a dozen meals.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Utah or Idaho. Low profile, not a big military target. The church there has enough food to feed everyone in the state for like 8 months or something and that's on top of all of the personal food storage that the local population keeps. The people are independent minded and don't like to rely on others unless they have to.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Best State to live in would be bliss.Because ignorance is bliss. Or insanity. Because you don't mess with crazy.
edit on 16-10-2018 by PainGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   

A state of suspended animation.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and maybe Texas. Go north and your best bet is New Hampshire to the east and Washington state to the west.

Phew. New Hampshire resident here. I think I like my chances... our neighborhood has a really nice mix of different talents that I think could fare well for us.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Utah or Idaho. Low profile, not a big military target. The church there has enough food to feed everyone in the state for like 8 months or something and that's on top of all of the personal food storage that the local population keeps. The people are independent minded and don't like to rely on others unless they have to.

Actually, only about half of the people in Utah are Mormon and quite a bit smaller percentage in Idaho.

I was born and raised around there, lots of family there and you are right, they are prepared and have been for a few generations. If you think they will just give you food though, that's not going to happen. If push came to shove they would defend themselves aggressively and it would not be pretty. They are taught to expect people to steal from them. I remember many conversations growing up about exactly that.

I'm not a Mormon myself, but I grew up with three years of food in storage at all times as my mother was and my father liked the idea of the storage. All of it we grew, raised, hunted for or fished for and bottled ourselves.

Believe me they are prepared should people think they could just go there and use their supplies.

You are right though. They will do much better than most people. They are a solid community that works together, when others would fall apart.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Alaska.

Hard to get to.
Plenty of wild life everywhere to feed off of.
Plenty of wood for winter.

Not a lot of people.

Only an idiot would starve here.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Most people would starve here. Most people who live here now would not last more than a few weeks off grid. Very few have the skill and experience it would take to thrive here.

Maybe down in S.E. Alaska, but even there it's pretty tough. Up in real Alaska you had better have many years of experience at actually living off the land in a very harsh environment. If people started just coming up here, very few would survive.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

You saying SE AK isn't real???

*raises eyebrow*

lol

Yeah, if you are not from AK and just come up hoping to survive, you won't last long. Even if you are from here you might have a hard time depending on what you know.
I guess I should count myself lucky though as I believe I would do well.
No power would be no problem here.

Fully set up for off the grid living if need be.
Water, heat and food are all non-issues.
I live in a rain forest.

Up north you have a lot more people and colder weather to deal with than here.

But yeah, if you are a stranger in a strange land here, you would die fairly quickly.

I remember watching a survival show where the guy was dropped off in the wilderness in BC to survive and find his way out and he had problems right from the start. Things I guess I take for granted, like the ability to catch fish in multiple ways or how to properly make a fire and not burn down your shelter etc.

Ok, Take back my previous statement, if the world goes poof stay out of AK...lol

edit on 17-10-2018 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Very true. Definitely don't want to try to steal from them, I was just pointing out that you wouldn't be surrounded by hordes of unprepared people trying to kill you to take your supplies (obviously it wouldn't be non-existent either). No place is good to be a leach in a time of societal collapse.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join