It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would be the best state to live in if the US collapses?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Let's say we get into a war with China, or Russia or even North Korea.
Heck, lets say, forget other countries, what if go through another type of civil war
or total collapse similar to the great depression. Or if we get hit by EMFS etc etc.
I don't want to get into the cause so much, because there are too many scenarios to list.

I want to discuss more about survival and what States would be the best.
Where I live we have good hunting, fishing, and lots of clean water. Along with those treasures, we
have unbelievably long cold harsh winters. I think we have an advantage in that most people think warm climates are better
when it comes to living off the grid. I think a total collapse scenario the less people the better.

Obviously, people survived harsh winters without electricity and modern conveniences.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and maybe Texas. Go north and your best bet is New Hampshire to the east and Washington state to the west.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Can I ask why you listed the places you did. Kansas, OK and Texas would be near last on my list. I could understand Washington state.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Hawaii? they already pulled off one nuclear false flag there.

103 nuclear plants on the Mainland are likely to be focus of ensuing false flags blamed on various other countries while US/NWO is at war on the World.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Not Florida, Florida man is scary

From a point of recovering and being a new strong country soon, Texas.

From survival as in everyone on their own Montana, Wyoming or Colorado.

But really, there are cannibals in Florida as it is, it would be mad max levels after a collapse...

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Seems all the wealthy elite are buying property in New Zealand!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Can I ask why you listed the places you did. Kansas, OK and Texas would be near last on my list. I could understand Washington state.

UGHHH Ok fine I will tell you a little secret. If you look up old railroad maps in those areas you will see why I said so. Current maps don’t have them and that is why. Also I am most familiar with those areas. So I do have some bias in that regard. Kinda like a secret road to travel along with little resistance.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Texas hands down. They have plenty of resources, they produce tons of products, huge cattle industry, and their electric grid is essentially separate from the rest of the country.

Edit: they also are one of the leading states for crops in the country.
edit on 13-10-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

A State Of Tranquility

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

SE Oklahoma is actually a pretty prime spot to ride it out, extremely independent people but not a lot of people. Prevailing wind patterns would protect you from fallout from nuke power plants or nuke strikes.

Abundant wildlife, mild to warm temps year round so planting some crops would be viable.

As the area used to be logged its extremely thick woods which would make hiding easy from quite a bit.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

A good portion of Kansas and Ok would be affected by the New Madrid fault line should something happen.
I can guarantee you I wouldn't want to be underground when it does! (if that is what you were referring to)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'm born and bred Texan.
I'm sticking with my clan.
"Don't Mess With Texas."
It is posted on the highways.
edit on 13-10-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

A good portion of Kansas and Ok would be affected by the New Madrid fault line should something happen.
I can guarantee you I wouldn't want to be underground when it does! (if that is what you were referring to)

Going underground is just as deadly as being above ground unless you have some serious security measures in place. I am talking forgotten railroad tracks that don’t exist on current maps. Safe travel and all that jazz.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
What would be the best state to live in if the US collapses?

Texas!

Lots of GUNZ.

Their own Gold depository.

OIL!

Three kings of survival.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I once watched an American doing a "safest place to live" exercise on British television, for some reason.
He ruled out nearly every region in the U.S. for one reason or another, and settled in his mind that the only safe place in the country was Idaho.
Some time later, i noticed a report on the news about some kind of gun siege in Idaho. I woncered about the possibility that half the nutcases in the country had come to the same conclusion and made a bee-line for Idaho, thus turning it into an unsafe place.

edit on 13-10-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Western Montana, near the border.

Zone 6 growing, plenty of critters to chew on, available water, fishing, fuel. Low population.

Competition for resources here means shooting the elk eating your tomatoes, as opposed to being in a knife fight over a can of spam somewhere.

A VERY limited access in the winter months for the Golden Horde.

Where I live, access to a few hundred miles of valley can be controlled by three checkpoints.

4 hydroelectric plants in the same valley... we used to pay $25 every two months for electricity.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I am really surprised you are the only one that mentioned Montana. This is more along my line of thinking, low population, somewhat harsh environment. I know I'd have a better chance of surviving it. I think when SHTF people will take the path of least resistance right, which to me always seems like going further south...

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

SE Oklahoma is actually a pretty prime spot to ride it out, extremely independent people but not a lot of people. Prevailing wind patterns would protect you from fallout from nuke power plants or nuke strikes.

Abundant wildlife, mild to warm temps year round so planting some crops would be viable.

As the area used to be logged its extremely thick woods which would make hiding easy from quite a bit.

same for southern and western arkansas.
edit on 13-10-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Western Montana, near the border.

Zone 6 growing, plenty of critters to chew on, available water, fishing, fuel. Low population.

Competition for resources here means shooting the elk eating your tomatoes, as opposed to being in a knife fight over a can of spam somewhere.

A VERY limited access in the winter months for the Golden Horde.

Where I live, access to a few hundred miles of valley can be controlled by three checkpoints.

4 hydroelectric plants in the same valley... we used to pay $25 every two months for electricity.

$25 every two months!?!?!
I pay about $200 a month now. Really thinking about going solar but am waiting till the election results here in Nevada to make that decision.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Easy! California, New York, Florida....anywhere there are a lot of people.

Stay away from Wyoming, Montana, Idaho....those places are bad.

Big cities...that’s the ticket!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join