It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would be the best state to live in if the US collapses?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

US wont be collapsing in your lifetime, so don’t worry about it.

But if you must know, by the time the US collapeses Trumpexas will be an established state. It will essentially be Texas that has also consumed New Mexico — Trumpexas. That’s where youll want to go!!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

There could be a CIVIL WAR. The side with guns and the military as it's ally will win, of course. Shouldn't last long!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Can I ask why you listed the places you did. Kansas, OK and Texas would be near last on my list. I could understand Washington state.
Well, if the United States collapsed, then Texas could hold its own as an independent nation state. We have the natural resources. We have the man power. We have the money. We have the might.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

A good portion of Kansas and Ok would be affected by the New Madrid fault line should something happen.
I can guarantee you I wouldn't want to be underground when it does! (if that is what you were referring to)

You can't worry about every disaster. Most of that area suffers from tornadoes too and violent thunderstorms every spring.

That's like saying you won't move to Wyoming because Yellowstone might let go.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

I am really surprised you are the only one that mentioned Montana. This is more along my line of thinking, low population, somewhat harsh environment. I know I'd have a better chance of surviving it. I think when SHTF people will take the path of least resistance right, which to me always seems like going further south...
Montana for me too, but the winters are cold. Wood burning stove and you can go cut your own wood as long as you have an axe. River for fishing... I’m conveniently close to a number of fishing accesses. Deer elk etc and more that I won’t go into ....
Low population keeps mobs rioting and stealing to a minimum.
edit on 13-10-2018 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlackMissouri is a bit warmer than Montana. I grew up there and the rolling hills are wonderful.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a state of inebriation.

But honestly probably Alaska

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I'm a die hard sportsman from Michigan. I have enough hunting and fishing equipment to survive the apocalypse. I'm good at putting food on the table. I could survive off the land in northern Michigan the only problem is the winters are harsh. People in Florida get cold when it hit's 60 degrees. I ice fish in -5 temps from sun op until sun down in the winter. I can handle the cold. The coldest temps I've ever fished in were -15 with -75 wind chills. As long as I could build a shelter with a fire I'd be ok. Michigans upper peninsula is some rugged wilderness but there's plenty of game to survive.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
Easy! California, New York, Florida....anywhere there are a lot of people.

Stay away from Wyoming, Montana, Idaho....those places are bad.

Big cities...that’s the ticket!

THIS.
yeah. . I hear states bordered by rivers and lakes might be apt. ...

Jk those are the WORST!

...also Google "project blackjack" and nuclear fallout 'teardrop" effect...

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

..."Winter" is coming...

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
I'm a die hard sportsman from Michigan. I have enough hunting and fishing equipment to survive the apocalypse. I'm good at putting food on the table. I could survive off the land in northern Michigan the only problem is the winters are harsh. People in Florida get cold when it hit's 60 degrees. I ice fish in -5 temps from sun op until sun down in the winter. I can handle the cold. The coldest temps I've ever fished in were -15 with -75 wind chills. As long as I could build a shelter with a fire I'd be ok. Michigans upper peninsula is some rugged wilderness but there's plenty of game to survive.

Get yourself a fold up ice fishing shanty and a bottle of home made brandy!

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I would think Wyoming and Eastern Oregon might be good areas as well as Northern NY, Vermont, NH and Maine. All of those areas have relatively low populations and high levels of natural/nature/wildlife. If you had to live off the land I would think it would be relatively easy there compared to many other areas, even in the cold winters of the NE there are many tasty animals to be found throughout winter either by trapping or hunting and if the gov breaks down I'm not worrying about hunting regulations and laws until survival isn't the primary concern - in situations like that food becomes a more important factor than hunting out of season IMO.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
What would be the best state to live in if the US collapses?

Texas!

Lots of GUNZ.

Their own Gold depository.

OIL!

Three kings of survival.

Guns oil and gold, great how about water is there much of that, as far as food goes I believe Texas is the fattest state in the U. S so at least there will plenty of food...

edit on 14-10-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   
States will cease to exist as a legal fiction.

The question is which community will be intact....

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I remember a season walking the tracks didn't go so well for them. Remember all signs saying head to sanctuary at terminus.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I'd say Alaska, easily.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

I was in town of pollocksville ,nd during its flooding and aftermath of Florence for first week or 2 after storm we spent everyday telling relief trucks how to get north to new Bern before we actually got outta town help from red cross or others we got by as a community by most of us who were left in town coming together and looking after ones who could not do for themselves. We used local fire department to cook food because they had a generator and gas stoves to feed who we could. But realistically if I would want to be in a state after a national collapse it would be somewhere like Montana or south Dakota some where with low population and abundant fish and game and decent fields for Browning crops..

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   
If the US economy were to collapse and society were to implode, it'll take the whole world down with it.

So, to answer your question 'What would be the best state to live in if the US collapses?'

I'd have to say catatonic.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Somewhere on the lower south east US. Not too far from the coast, and pretty temperate weather most of the year at least.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join