It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford - Kavanaugh Hearings 9-27-18

page: 138
<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Another kinda crazy thing....if you're a Ford supporter....why was her family not there to support her?

Kavs parents were there in court. His wife was right behind him.

Where was Fords family? Her own husband didnt even go. That is crazy to me.
Hit the nail right on the head

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Exactly! I had a TS clearance in the service. I was talking to friends later and they said that two FBI agents interviewed them asking about me, my character and friends. The FBI agents even interviewed one of my HS teachers.

Yeah...mine was for clearance one time and to do work with the Mississippi Bureau another....and I heard from people I had forgotten about that were wondering why they had been questioned....I mean people I had completely forgotten about.

Once I got my records from my FOIA....it was kinda mind blowing. If you haven't yet, you should do a request on yours....my envelope was about 2 inches thick of almost all single spaces documentation on my life.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
To be completely honest, Ford came off as emotionally detached and appeared to force her wavering voice for the responses. She seemed almost sociopathic at times.

I know quite a few people who have been raped and abused. I nm used to work with a womens and children's day shelter as well. I have seen first hand how emotions come out when women are telling their stories.

My take on this is either she was lying or she didnt believe that this was an assault herself.

She did not seem sincere to me at all....

I am VERY close to two women that were raped and one was physically and emotionally abused for a year....it is easy to tell when someone has really had it happen to them by their body language and how they speak. I did not feel that with Fords testimony at any point.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Good message from Lindsay Graham tonight.

If Kavanaugh is not confirmed, Republicans don't deserve to remain in control of the Senate after 2018.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

I 100% agree!

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Sorry, I had to.

link   
a reply to: carewemust

The message seems clear enough: Republicans can hang together, or hang separately.

Compromise and appeasement have left the building.

link   
I'm mostly Libertarian in attitude, although I don't like to label myself. I vote Republican.

Out of nowhere tonight I got an email from the local Democratic Party office.

I have no idea how their crap ended up in my mailbox.

I'd post it, but I don't know how to do that.

Hang on. I'll copy/paste the text.

Dear,

If you've been watching today's Senate Judiciary Committee hearing, you've likely experienced a range of emotions. 

Sadness. Empathy. Anger. Concern. All of the above.

For many, today's testimony by Dr. Blasey Ford brought back far too many awful memories. 

It's important that we take a moment to thank Dr. Blasey Ford for coming forward and bravely speaking her truth of what happened when she encountered Brett Kavanaugh.

Sign the thank you card to Dr. Blasey Ford above.

It's the end of the quarter, and that means lots of people are asking you for money. I just want to ask you to simply say "Thank You" to a woman who's experience hits far too close to home for so many of us. And who today, stood up for all of us.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Should have put a glass of wine in her hand.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Watching a variety of evening shows about today's hearing. I see and hear a palpable fear in the faces and voices of the sanest members of left, that they might have gone a bit too far today. Hell, they made Lindsey Graham grow balls after all.

Dr. Ford was believable, I must admit. But, Judge Kavanaugh, showed up like a man trying to defend his name and honor, and did so convincingly against against a group a vipers with none.

The only thing standing in the way of the nomination is some Republicans cucking as they are want to do.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Where does Lyin’ Blumenthal get off on questioning Kavs credibility? He’s a PROVEN liar of the worst kind..cough Vietnam.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jefwane

Depends which MSM shows got to you.

😎

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Another kinda crazy thing....if you're a Ford supporter....why was her family not there to support her?

This is an excellent point. When your own husband doesn't even show up, something is off.

I re-watched some of her statements in the interview, and there does seem to be something kind of strange about her. When she entered the hearing room, did you notice how very very slowly she walked to her seat? It was almost like a very old person's walk, but she is only 51.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

This is an excellent point. When your own husband doesn't even show up, something is off.

I re-watched some of her statements in the interview, and there does seem to be something kind of strange about her. When she entered the hearing room, did you notice how very very slowly she walked to her seat? It was almost like a very old person's walk, but she is only 51.

Not being the real "Dr Ford" would explain most of the mysteries.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: valve
Where does Lyin’ Blumenthal get off on questioning Kavs credibility? He’s a PROVEN liar of the worst kind..cough Vietnam.

Booker sure seemed to have miserably failed tonight....and I was expecting some real fireworks from the dems.

It seemed to me they knew they were screwing 2 people over and kinda backed off....all they did was bring up Kav calling for his own FBI investigation.

He already had six, and I dont know anyone insane enough to ask for the FBI to investigate themselves....that's just asinine.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

He was probably scared of flying too since it wasn’t a vacation on the other side of the Earth.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If she's not acting, she is a pitiful case.

51 yrs. old and she looks like 61 (at least!).

Maybe those "memories" were psychobabbled into her mind for this specific purpose by gawd knows who. She just seems "off".

She didn't even know the meaning of "exculpatory" which I thought very odd for an educated woman.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Fox news Hanity's take on the process. He does make some good points whether you are a fan or not. youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Pretty sure she was on some kind of anxiety meds. We know she goes to therapy and then she asks for caffeine, gets a cup of coffee and then is drinking a coke....not water....things with caffeine and sugar.

And she seemed to kind of drift off as the hearing went on...especially after they came back from lunch.

At one point, kinda early on if I recall correctly, she made a comment about her brain being tired or worn out or something.

When she said it I thought it was odd for a person with her education and background as a professor to have said that at that hour of day.

I get she has been under stress and whatnot, but this was arguably the most important day of her life...and she shows up like that? Hell...her glasses were smudged all over, her hair was in her glasses for a good portion of the whole hearing and she seemed super disheveled for someone who was doing something so important.

Just all of it was off for me.

But her husband not being there...and no family...on a day like this? That's crazy.

I have 2 ex wives and I can tell you right now that if either one was in this position and I believed their story, I would be there to support them....and those are EX wives.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Kav didn’t take the bait from poor admitted sexual deviant Booker. Greasy Booker had nowhere to slide except actually end up AGREEING with BK and walking him to first base.

top topics

<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join