It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford - Kavanaugh Hearings 9-27-18

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
In less than 10 minutes, Fox will be airing coverage of the Ford - Kavanaugh hearings. I'm sure there are other sources for them as well; anyone please post them.

In the spirit of previous threads, since this has become a major issue, I am starting this thread so everyone has a place to discuss the hearings in real time. Please, everyone be aware this is NOT in the Political Mud Pit.

So without further ado... ladies and gentlemen, please direct your attention to the center ring!

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Gonna have to rely on the ATS'ers to keep me informed, stupid TV repair man is due any time from 10-12. Bad scheduling on my part!

BTW, this Circus isn't to much stress on you, is it?
edit on 27-9-2018 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Thanks for asking, but nah... if being split open like a walnut and put back together with zip-ties didn't kill me, I don't think a circus side show will.

On topic a little more... someone apparently left a note on the table wishing Dr. Ford good luck. I have this sneaking suspicion she is going to need it.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
is running a sweepstake illegal on ATS ?

will dr ford show up ???

will her farcical demands be met

will mr avenatti explode from BS over pressure

which senator will aask the most assanine question

so maany posibilities

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

CSPAN will be live streaming
here

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The format:
  • Opening statements by Grassley and Feinstein (I think; chairman and ranking member)
  • Opening statement by Dr. Ford - no time limit.
  • Questions to Dr. Ford from the committee.
  • Opening statement by Judge Kavanaugh - no time limit.
  • Questions to Judge Kavanaugh from the committee.
Questions form the committee will be limited to 5 minutes per and may be deferred to counsel at the discretion of each Senator. As usual, questioning will proceed alternating pary affiliations.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Yay, I can't wait until this gets rolling. It may be hard to keep from posting inappropriate behavior since this is not the mud pit.

ConFFFFFFirm Kavanaugh!!

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I have this sneaking suspicion she won't show, especially with the new developments that two men have stated it was they who had an incident with her.

But I'll be watching! Thanks for starting this thread. I love real time posts!

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
is running a sweepstake illegal on ATS ?

will dr ford show up ???

will her farcical demands be met

will mr avenatti explode from BS over pressure

which senator will aask the most assanine question

so maany posibilities

I say no on her showing up, but all accounts say she will be there so.....guess we will see

let's hope Avenatti explodes

the most ridiculous question will go to Hirono

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Elostone

Thank you! I think CSPAN2 will be airing it starting in one hour as well... if so, I'll be switching over to them.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

That's precisely why I DIDN'T put this in the Pit.

Consider it a challenge.

TheRedneck

link   
Thanks for the thread.

This is an important hearing

I admit to my bias in thinking kavanaugh is innocent. But these are serious charges and I am willing to hear Ms. Ford out and am keeping an open mind.

Let the chips fall where they may.

link   
I was to drunk to remember where I was or how I got there or even when it happened and I didn't tell anybody but I know for sure that that guy right there touched my boob.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Unfortunately, the clock countdown on Fox shows that the hearing won't start for another 42 minutes. I'm sure there will be plenty of preliminary coverage though.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Yeah, I was just going by their coverage, then got informed they started the coverage an hour early. That's what I get for trusting Fox too far!

On the good side, that's an hour for others to give us alternative sources.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I want to change my answer....the most asinine question is sure to come from Spartacus Booker

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

As for the two men who have come forward, Lindsey Graham made it sound like one of them was crazy and lacked credibility.

This is pure speculation, but a Twitter source says that the Committee will be bringing Gorsuch's name into this. I wonder if Ford truly did try something similar when Gorsuch was nominated.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Are we sure she's going to even show up?

Btw, I am glad you made it through your ordeal.

Now let's hope Kavanaugh gets through this one, one way or the other, although I have a strong suspicion this is so much smoke and mirrors because not much besides words to make me think otherwise.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Just an OT observation... Fox has this little countdown timer in the lower right of the screen. It is counting down to the tenth of a second! Dramatic much?

I get it, ratings... but come on! Seriously?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
I want to change my answer....the most asinine question is sure to come from Spartacus Booker

I hope that published media speculation that Democrat women Senators plan on using their interview time to make speeches instead of asking questions is false. I'm so tired of their tactics. We've seen them do it before.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join