It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest 1980 Pt II - Will There Be An Answer?

page: 118
<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

OMG...If you buy volumes 1 and 2 you would be able to stand with either foot on each of them and see over that Rendlesham Spaceship monument the council put in the forest.

That would certainly provide a new perspective.

Sadly I think the whole case has become a Rendle Sham because the various leading players all got tempted to tell tall stories instead of the truth. If anything really serious happened there would have been a full alert and the RAF would have scrambled fighters. The fact that Halt chose to do nothing but stomp around a forest looking at the sky indicates that he really didn't treat things seriously. Or perhaps knew exactly what was going on. When it comes to UFOs you simply cannot trust the American military to tell the truth.
edit on 14/12/2020 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Funny re the books. There has been a lot of games with the men that is for sure . There is also the latest game led by Philip Mantle re Nick Pope to add to it.

Dr Clarke is advertised today and Ron Haddow is brought up. He mentions that it was Redfern who told the name in his Rendlesham book.

drdavidclarke.co.uk...

Actually it was figured well before that as it's brought up here on ATS too.

I see more theories. I guess John's account will not be definitive then , but he himself has claimed in the past he does have most the answers.

When it comes to UFOs you simply cannot trust the American military to tell the truth.

You have a point.

In passing Nick Redfern is trying hard to advertise John's book .

Lastly any thoughts on this video. Wonder how much this lady charges for her session's too?

www.unexplainedcases.com...

edit on 14-12-2020 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
thanks for posting baa, the David Clarke post is interesting, wonder if anyone will get to speak to the scientist ron. a reply to: Baablacksheep

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
When it comes to UFOs you simply cannot trust the American military to tell the truth.

I'm still reserving judgement, BUT it reminded me the other day when I posted a link to the 1977 Joint Hearing before the Select Committee on Intelligence and the Subcommittee on Health and Scientific Research of the Committee on Intelligence and the Subcommittee on Human Resources, United States Senate Ninety-Fifth Congress Report in another thread, that Daniel K Inouye, who was the chairman, was, before his death, beside Harry Reid in bringing this forward. If his biography isn't enough, you only have to read the report to know that Inouye was a good man.

www.intelligence.senate.gov...

And as an afterthought, because it isn't totally relevent, I also read Harry Reid's tribute to him before Senate (I think), and he made a good impression on me too.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: wobbs62

You welcome. Am also reminded of this.

m.facebook.com...

I know Ronnie Dugdale is involved with the book John has now written.

I wonder what the score will be with Richard Doty and the RFI now. Ronnie was very taken by what Doty had to say at the time.

Hmmmm.

edit on 17-12-2020 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   

edit on 17-12-2020 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone has read John's new book. I decided to download it, whilst have read it quickly would need to re-read it at a later point. I found myself not impressed at all. I will stop there for now. Other's may feel different. I'd ask for a refund if I could. Waste of time and a fiver.....

edit on 19-12-2020 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Ronnie dugdale is very knowledgeable regarding RFI and the area it's just unfortunate that people have gone into different camps regarding what happened.a reply to: Baablacksheep

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

I recently bought the Steve laplume book which wasn't a bad read as he had lived an interesting life outside his time at bentwaters but don't think I will bother with Johns.
Regards doty, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.
Looks like there will be a few going to the forest over Xmas, get ready for some videos...🥱

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I have not read the LaPlume book, maybe THE GUT has? Doty is around and about presently so dont expect him to vanish any time soon. Going to the forest with others at Xmas with Covid floating around, yikes!!

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep

Going to the forest with others at Xmas with Covid floating around, yikes!!

Would it be less scary than Larry floating around...?

By the way, whatever happened to the "Capel Green" documentary from Warren/Heseltine? Or will we all be dead by the time it's released?

Does it even exist anymore?

edit on 24-12-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I have no doubt there will be lots of people going to the forest over Xmas but there is this new strain of covid attacking the south east of England called V2, Adolf must be laughing from beyond the grave.
As far as I know capel green is being edited and should be out in coming months but I know what you mean about the long wait, still should be interesting to hear what other witnesses have to say even if you don't believe LW. a reply to: ConfusedBrit

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Not only is the movie out later...again ! but directly after a new book...according to Gary Heseltine that is.

Xmas blessings to everyone!

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
40 years ago tonight a group of USAF personnel including the deputy base commander got confused and started to chase the orford Ness lighthouse through a section of rendalsham forest.
This is what the British press has been reporting for the past few days and comes from the forestry worker Vince thurkettle, the one who also thinks the triangle marks on forest floor were made by rabbits.
So there you go, all solved and nothing to see here.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Can we move on then. I have had my fill to include the latest book.

Quite a splash though so I see re the Capel Green movie .

m.facebook.com...

And this.

m.facebook.com...

Here is the latest. Halt and Penniston.

www.spreaker.com... VRk

Ps. Not listened to it.

edit on 28-12-2020 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Ooh, paranormal dimensions or diarrhea, think I will give it a miss..😄a reply to: Baablacksheep

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Looking forward to what the new witnesses have to say on capel green though. a reply to: Baablacksheep

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Paranormal diarrhea for certain.

CG most certainly has a very interesting write up, one can only wait to see what transpires with all of that.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I was rather surprised to see a BBC News article on Rendlesham over the last week:

Rendlesham Forest UFO: Are we any closer to the truth 40 years on?

Dr David Clarke:

He says the original sighting by USAF security guards has not been fully explained.

"There is still an element of mystery. What happened to those three guys on the first night I still find baffling. Maybe they did see something that was inexplicable," he says.

Burn marks on the trees?

"It was a completely natural glade. And they've said things like: 'But there were broken branches.' Well, the forest is full of broken branches.

"They saw burn marks on the trees. They said: 'Obviously there was heat radiating out from the spacecraft and it burnt these trees.' But it wasn't. It was one of the rangers, Bill Briggs, with an axe."

Burroughs:

"They were studying the energy field for different applications to include military use," he says.
Mr Burroughs claims the lighthouse was "emitting EM (electromagnetic) frequencies towards Rendlesham Forest".
He stresses: "I never went on the record to say it was [a spaceship] because I didn't know."
What he saw was some sort of energy or "plasma which could be a form of intelligence", he says.

edit on p38552202400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

and finally....

Brenda signs off with what will more than likely always be the case:

Writer Brenda Butler, of Leiston, Suffolk, has been amused by some of the UFO tourism that has grown up around the forest.

"You realise we've got eight landing sites down here," she says.

"Everybody has got their own take on it. If you go down there with any of the witnesses, they'll take you to somewhere else."

Ms Butler, who co-wrote the 1986 book on the case, Sky Crash, believes the US may have recovered a Russian satellite.

"It has got to be something to do with the Americans or the Russians or the Cold War," she says.

"There are loads of files still to be released, but there has been such a big cover-up, nobody will ever know what happened.

"I'd like to get to the bottom of it all but I guess we never will
."

edit on p40520202400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Rendlesham solved ?

Doubt it and I know the source isn't the best but who knows - link to tabloid news article

Crux of the article as follows.

But perhaps the most entertaining explanation was uncovered by UFO enthusiast Dr David Clarke, after he received a letter from a former SAS trooper three years ago.
Though the government refused to acknowledge the fact at the time, in 1980 RAF Woodbridge was a nuclear site. If the public didn't know that American warheads were situated there, Soviet intelligence certainly did. The threat that enemy spies might penetrate the base was ever present.
To test the vulnerabilities, British special forces made repeated forays into the camp, demonstrating where the weaknesses were in its fortifications. One night, in August 1980, an SAS team performed a daring free fall from a high-altitude plane over Suffolk at night. Their black parachutes were designed to be invisible to the watchers below.
But the American radar equipment was more sensitive than the British had guessed. As the SAS men touched down inside the Woodbridge perimeter, they were arrested and dragged away for interrogation.
So far, so routine. This was meant to be an ordinary exercise, and both sides were carrying out orders. But then it went wrong.
The Americans reacted with unexpected aggression — subjecting the intruders to a brutal beating and 18 hours of questioning. Refusing to believe the parachutists were British military, they repeatedly accused them of being 'aliens'.
The SAS men were not freed until the Ministry of Defence in London demanded their release.
As one special forces trooper, calling himself Frank, told Dr Clarke: 'They called us aliens. Right, we thought, we'll show them what aliens really look like.'
In an elaborate prank, the unit rigged coloured lights and flares around the forest. Black helium balloons were attached to radio-controlled kites and sent buzzing over the treetops.
In the days after Christmas, when the SAS rightly guessed that the mood inside the base might be more relaxed and susceptible, the elaborate jape was triggered.
It proved more effective than the troopers could ever have expected. They hoped to spook a few naive U.S. airmen, jittery at being alone in the ancient woods. In fact, they convinced a Lieutenant Colonel that he was experiencing a 'close encounter of the third kind'.
Even the MoD took the reports seriously at first. But it wasn't long before someone in London remembered that Woodbridge was the scene of the previous summer's embarrassment, when an SAS unit was captured and labelled 'aliens'.
The connection was made. Frank and his friends were 'spoken to'. They admitted they might have indulged in a bit of a joke. Was it their fault if the Americans were so gullible?
Still, the investigation was thorough, and reports went all the way to the top. In 1985, Defence Minister Lord Trefgarne had an off-the-record meeting with Lord Hill-Norton, a former chief of the defence staff, to discuss the incident.
In his briefing notes, the phrase 'no additional action required' is used. And in handwriting on the margin, Trefgarne has written, 'Oh dear'.

new topics

top topics

<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join