It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, You Cannot predict the Future.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
So, I had the audacity to make this point in a thread in this very forum recently and it didn’t go down well.

I got some nonsense along the line of, well it’s the dreams and predictions forum, if you’re not interested in dreams and predictions why are you posting. Well I am posting because this is not a safe-space for any kind of rubbish just to get flouted about with everyone building onto everyone else’s fantasies. I think it’s time some people who frequent this forum face some truth.

So, let me start by making something very clear, there has never been a case on ATS of a single member prediction proving to be true and accurate. That is to say there has never been a prediction that has accurately predicted what will happen, where it will happen and when it will happen. Sure, there have been a few very vague and broad claims made like “Something big is coming in the next few weeks” but anyone could do that and eventually be able to claim they have predicted it.

Then question then is this, why is it that with so many claims of people having the ability to predict future events, actual documented cases of it are so difficult to find. Well that’s because there is another harsh truth that needs to be stated.

There is zero scientific proof that anyone has a supernatural ability to predict the future with any kind of accurate and consistent results. So that means that actually no, dreams are predicting the future, neither are tarot cards, tea-leaf’s, mediation or even munching on some funky mushrooms. It has never been scientifically proven that anyone possesses such supernatural abilities.

Granted some can make a pretty good guess but that’s not the same as actually predicting the future. For example, I could predict, through my third-eye of BS that several members will get triggered by this thread and claim that actually, no, it is possible to predict the future. That prediction does not make me mystic-meg, it’s just pretty damming proof of the kind of ignorance that is rampant in this site.

edit on 24-9-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

firstly there has never been a case on ATS of a single member prediction proving to be true and accurate

I predict someone will post saying you’re wrong (or something very similar).

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
So, let me start by making something very clear, there has never been a case on ATS of a single member prediction proving to be true and accurate.

Swami Augustus predicts: Man will make anti-Trump thread, other people will tell him his thread is bad and he should feel bad.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I predict a second cup of coffee in 3..2..1..
Yep. Right again.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

There can only be one ATS swami, I predict the real swami will eliminate this imposter.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I didnt see that buttered roll coming though. LOL.

link   
Well... Okay.

If you say so.

edit on 24/9/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

link   

I predict, no one will ever be able to predict the future.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I dont need someone telling me something I know personally to be true isnt. Thats not my problem thats theirs. I dont even need to argue the point as I know..... yep... I know it wont do any good.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The future is ahead of us, we just haven't arrived there yet.

As we head toward the future, we are doomed to look behind us, never being able to turn around and see what's coming. But the future is certainly there, over the next hill, around the next bend, waiting until we arrive to perceive it.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I predict that my predictions will be predictable.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I have been trying to think of anyone in history that could predict the future consistently, can't think of any. Even the psychic Edgar Cayce, whom I admire, seems to have been off when predicting the future..

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

It's a stretch, but what about the Simpsons? I've seen... things posted about that.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
ok dude. i wont.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

You win!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: pointessa

It's a stretch, but what about the Simpsons? I've seen... things posted about that.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I think if you are looking for scientific proof the 'Dreams and Predictions' forum is probably not your best hang-out.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
I think if you are looking for scientific proof the 'Dreams and Predictions' forum is probably not your best hang-out.

I am not looking for proof, I know that there is zero evidence to support the existence os supernatural premonitions thats the point of the thread really. Kind of annoys me a bit when people like to pretend that its real and shout down anyone who highlights that its total rubbish with zero evidence base.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
S&F because I agree with your general premise. It's exceptionally hard to predict with any certainty something that has so many unknown variables, and hasn't happened yet.

That said, just because our sciences haven't presented evidence or probability, means very little. There are many things academia has scoffed at that are now accepted as fact.

My personal experience has convinced me that occasionally we know things intuitively. I have had dreams and intuitions come to pass in such detail that the experience was a bit uncomfortable. Is it repeatable under laboratory conditions? Unlikely. It's random. It happens when it happens, which is seldom.

Nevertheless, correctly predicting or prophesying the future is never going to be common, because of the aforementioned variables and free will. We are all able to choose a different path at any moment in our lives.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join