It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, You Cannot predict the Future.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I predict that there will be a future.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I can predict the future. I predict you O.P. will piss people off in the future with your future threads on Trump and American politics in general. See, the future can be predicted.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I would really love to find that thread again where someone prophezised to us that 2012 we should close all curtains and keep away from windows as the lights would turn us insane / demonic or something.

Worst.
Prophecy.
Ever.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
I would really love to find that thread again where someone prophezised to us that 2012 we should close all curtains and keep away from windows as the lights would turn us insane / demonic or something.

Worst.
Prophecy.
Ever.

I think that was the one (somewhere on here?) where we would be attacked worldwide by demons, and we had to stay away from the windows, keep the curtains or whatever drawn, and try to also survive a worldwide earthquake that'd have *every* structure on the planet feel like it was riding out an ocean storm. Something like 3 days of this, and everyone who survived would be *something something* rewarded, something or other.

It had plot holes big enough to ram Jupiter through.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Of course you can predict the future. People do it every day.

A grandmaster predicts what a chessboard will look like 10 moves ahead.

A blackjack player predicts what cards are coming up based on what cards have gone by.

Weathermen predict tomorrow's weather based on past experience.

Predicting the future based on various inputs and experiences is what humans do. Some are better at it than others. Some are excellent at predicting the future in limited areas. Some have shown a high degree of accuracy predicting technological advances, weather patterns, or market trends.

I don't think anyone is 100% accurate. I could predict that I will finish a project after lunch with a high degree of probability, but I could have a heart attack.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
So, I had the audacity to make this point in a thread in this very forum recently and it didn’t go down well.

I got some nonsense along the line of, well it’s the dreams and predictions forum, if you’re not interested in dreams and predictions why are you posting. Well I am posting because this is not a safe-space for any kind of rubbish just to get flouted about with everyone building onto everyone else’s fantasies. I think it’s time some people who frequent this forum face some truth.

So, let me start by making something very clear, there has never been a case on ATS of a single member prediction proving to be true and accurate. That is to say there has never been a prediction that has accurately predicted what will happen, where it will happen and when it will happen. Sure, there have been a few very vague and broad claims made like “Something big is coming in the next few weeks” but anyone could do that and eventually be able to claim they have predicted it.

Then question then is this, why is it that with so many claims of people having the ability to predict future events, actual documented cases of it are so difficult to find. Well that’s because there is another harsh truth that needs to be stated.

There is zero scientific proof that anyone has a supernatural ability to predict the future with any kind of accurate and consistent results. So that means that actually no, dreams are predicting the future, neither are tarot cards, tea-leaf’s, mediation or even munching on some funky mushrooms. It has never been scientifically proven that anyone possesses such supernatural abilities.

Granted some can make a pretty good guess but that’s not the same as actually predicting the future. For example, I could predict, through my third-eye of BS that several members will get triggered by this thread and claim that actually, no, it is possible to predict the future. That prediction does not make me mystic-meg, it’s just pretty damming proof of the kind of ignorance that is rampant in this site.

Hey there again. I think you are right. Some can "see" ahead (still just guessing) for sure. But a "prediction" is still just a guess...until confirmed and it comes to pass....

Until it does (if it does)...it's still just a guess. Write them down, date them and wait and "see"!

Best, MS

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

I am talking about supernatural means.

Please if you’re going to reply read the OP

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

See the link I posted. I thought it was funny, but it is actually downright uncanny.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

I predict, no one will ever be able to predict the future.

I knew you were gonna say that.

And someone knew somebody was gonna say what I just said.

But I didn't know that I'd say it until I said it.

So it's probably a load of bollocks, then.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Then question then is this, why is it that with so many claims of people having the ability to predict future events, actual documented cases of it are so difficult to find?

I could be wrong, but I think the problem boils down to the difference between actual reality and how we define things and the relationships between those things within that reality. When somebody tries to predict what's going to happen in the future, they're stuck with having to define what they mean by using the structures placed on reality in the present, and I wonder if it's simply a bad fit.

The way most of us experience day-to-day reality is like working your way though file folders on a computer hard drive. You have primary folders and then subfolders (things that are defined by consensus) that go all the way down to the small individual activities we do every day. Life-work-computer-keyboard-typing. Trying to predict the future is like looking through subfolders to try and find a file (a consensually experienced event) you haven't seen before and attempting to describe it by its context within the various folders. It's going to be very difficult. Making it even more difficult is seeing something from the future (the file you're looking for) but not having any idea what its context is, and where it belongs in the file system. In a vision, you may see a comet hit the Earth, but seeing it outside its normal context would make it very difficult to determine all the other stuff that would allow you to accurately describe it in a way that reflects its consensual reality context. A lot of people then just try to force it into a context according to what they see, and they're usually wrong in some way that makes it impossible to verify.

Besides, all the semantics and labeling are just ways we try to make sense of existence and the illusion of us traveling through time. Things and events are given labels for convenience. If you notice, people have just as much difficulty defining what happened in the past as they do with what happens in the future. For example, ask anybody who they think killed President Kennedy. It was a real event that apparently really happened, but only in some very narrowly-defined ways. And the farther away it gets from "now," the more chaotic the memory/history becomes.

Is there a solution? Unlikely. Not as long as we keep trying to define predictions by saying that such-and-such will happen to this person on such-and-such a date and time in the future, because those five "Ws" that journalism majors learn in school are all arbitrary consensual definitions that only play a small part in how any of us individually experience our personal realities, and don't coincide well with the way the universe really works, which is patterns inside patterns that we construct inside our own minds.
edit on 24-9-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I'm with you on this. Yes I Know what people are going to say after my reply 'if you don't like the predictions threads then why read them'

I tend to stay away from the prediction threads as majority of the time .. well literally almost all the time predictions never come true. There's a particular user on here who I shall not name that starts threads regarding global events that they predict will happen and then they never do, the user then makes up some lame excuse for not getting it correct or they never return to their thread. Or some people's predictions are so obvious that what they predicted is bound to happen at some point and when it does they say something like 'OMG i told you so I predicted this would happen. For example a thread about a possible large earthquake somewhere in the ring of fire ... Well no s*** of course there's going to be one eventually

Forgive me if I'm being a moaning old git but i for one would love to see the predictions side of the 'Dreams and predictions' subject removed as its all mainly nonsense.

Dreams however I find interesting

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Mystic Meg has a chance of being right , and that's the magic . But there's nothing to see here , move along

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

So..........what is the dream or prediction?

Oh this is a rant.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

So..........what is the dream or prediction?

Oh this is a rant.

No this is a statement of fact that is relevant to this forum

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It was quite entertaining seeing the OP work themselves up into a fuss this morning in another thread and then stomp over here creating their own thread on the subject to bash it completely. Dreams aren't real, predictions aren't real because the OP said so.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CADpro
It was quite entertaining seeing the OP work themselves up into a fuss this morning in another thread and then stomp over here creating their own thread on the subject to bash it completely. Dreams aren't real, predictions aren't real because the OP said so.

Actually just didn’t want to derail the other thread.

Do you believe dreams can predict future global events?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I knew you were going to say this!

I saw it in a dream a year ago.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I have posted on a thread before about 'gas explosions' happening a lot more and low and behold 'gas explosions started occuring all over the place.. there were never any reported in the news and ten all of a sudden 'gas explosions' all over it.. and I posted that way before the explosions started making headline news!

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I have posted on a thread before about 'gas explosions' happening a lot more and low and behold 'gas explosions started occuring all over the place.. there were never any reported in the news and ten all of a sudden 'gas explosions' all over it.. and I posted that way before the explosions started making headline news!

Hmmm I had a dream about a plane crashing on a runway....

Then there was that other one about a shooting in a school

Ohhh and did I tell you about the one where Liverpool win the league....

Doesn’t make my psychic
edit on 24-9-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I predict that in 24 hours it will be Wednesday where I live. Care to proove me wrong on this?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join