It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of North Carolina Students Topple Confederate Monument

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Krazysh0t

change.org is a legal legislative avenue in that state?

Any person or group has the right to petition government for whatever purpose.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Gotta love the worst propagandists in history.. the daughters of the confederacy..

The stupidity and ignorance they have sown is just ridiculous.

I agree. I had dealings with them while living in Mississippi for grade school. Listening to them, you'd think that the Confederacy was just in everything they did. It's sickening.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

oreily?
using the proper petition, sure
I would wager change.org is not that avenue

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

No wonder was going popular sovereignty..

Funny how states rights and the rights of the people can only not be infringed when it is smacking down gays or brown people.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

No wonder was going popular sovereignty..

???

Funny how states rights and the rights of the people can only not be infringed when it is smacking down gays or brown people.

was the statue brown?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
To be honest I think those against toppling statues should as a counter protest start erecting statues and pictures of southen heros directly outside libral hangouts.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

oreily?
using the proper petition, sure
I would wager change.org is not that avenue

Where are the specific avenues laid out in the 1st amendment of the constitution?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

your claim
you provide the evidence bub
www.ncsbe.gov...
change.org it ain't buddy

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Gotta love the worst propagandists in history.. the daughters of the confederacy..

The stupidity and ignorance they have sown is just ridiculous.

I agree. I had dealings with them while living in Mississippi for grade school. Listening to them, you'd think that the Confederacy was just in everything they did. It's sickening.

Kinda like everything having to do with race from you liberals.

Funny growing up in the south in the 80's and 90's I saw race relations getting much better. Never saw a klansman and can count the times I heard the N-word from a white person on my hands.

Fast forward past the first black president Obama along with liberal indoctrination in colleges and race relations are about as bad as they were decades ago.

I think the real dividers are not the less than 10,000 KKK or white supremacist in a population of 330 million. I think the real dividers now are liberals ideology and their need to break everyone down in oppressor, oppressed status. With the white man being the oppressor in all cases.

In fact, I think those with white guilt and those that virtue signal like they do really are the racists. I have no guilt because I know I'm not a racist thus i don't have to virtue signal 24/7. I think its nothing but projection from the true racists.

I wonder how many liberals here are the true racists?
edit on 21-8-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Gays can vote. Pay Taxes. Follow the Constitution. They are citizens. They can own property. They can attend colleges. They can walk the streets without arrest. They can sit at the front of the bus. They can eat at the lunch counters...and so can the DARK people in the US. What rights are you talking about?

The Civil War was also not about slavery. It was about property and money for other wars. Learn you f'n history before you spout off a bunch of garbage. Seriously.

It was a crime. I do not care who the statue was, it is the right of the school to put up what they want. If a faculty member was involved fire them. A student. Kick them out for a semester. Once those are imposed tell me if they still think it was a good idea to 'topple' a statue.

F'n idiots too bad it did not fall on a few to save us from their offspring.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

your claim
www.ncsbe.gov...

I did not make any claim, except that we all have the right to petition government for whatever purpose.

That is true and proven by reading the 1st amendment of the constitution.

You mentioned the "proper petition". So I asked a question of your claim.

Of course, considering that I used a question mark, I have to ask if you understand the difference between a question and a claim.

Apparently, you do not.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Remove history at your own peril.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

It's a monument. Not history.

History is what it is, whether the monument is there or not, correct?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

your claim
www.ncsbe.gov...

I did not make any claim, except that we all have the right to petition government for whatever purpose.

That is true and proven by reading the 1st amendment of the constitution.

You mentioned the "proper petition". So I asked a question of your claim.

Of course, considering that I used a question mark, I have to ask if you understand the difference between a question and a claim.

Apparently, you do not.

oh I am sorry you are a functional idiot when it comes to civics
good thing I included the link, but too bad it requires you clicking on it and reading the section on the specific petition paperwork for North Carolina
www.ncsbe.gov...
there you go junior
(spoiler alert) it is not change.org

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
So, if the south is progressing.

We should be progressive in replacing "out-dated" statues from a white washed history.

Replacing them with a variety of historical figures that were significant - - but, not culturally acceptable to be recognized because of race/heritage/gender.

www.thedailybeast.com...

pjmedia.com...

edit on 21-8-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Still in disbelief about the calls for violence against them for removing a statue of a fictional person.

Hahaha.

It's the best.

At least you can still Google it.

This has been a great thread. Fantastic talking points with the usual suspects singing and dancing..... again

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

I came up in the south in the 80s and 90s too and race relations were terrible

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

You mean don't remove a statue of a fake person around the wrong good ole boy cause they'll fight and die for it?

Understood

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

oh I am sorry you are a functional idiot when it comes to civics

Really? Do you agree or disagree that we have a constitutional right to petition government?

good thing I included the link, but too bad it requires you clicking on it and reading the section on the specific petition paperwork for North Carolina

I read it. Thanks. Now back to my question I asked. Do you agree or disagree?

there you go junior (spoiler alert) it is not change.org

Do people and groups not have a right to assemble in a manner they see fit and through groups like change.org? In fact, that is their designed purpose. They create petitions, gain support and then move on to the next necessary steps.

Spoiler alert: What I posted was in the form of a question. It has a question mark.

It is not a claim. Considering that you seem to have issues recognizing the difference, I want to make sure it is clear.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: ker2010

I came up in the south in the 80s and 90s too and race relations were terrible

LMAO right, and how do you know?

Im 44 done a lot of # I wasn't proud of in my young ignorant teenage years. In my teenage years, I hung around a very mixed crowd but a good majority where black guys. I was what some would call a "wigger" in the age of gangsta rap and vividly remember rolling in the hood with my black friends playing "Nothing but a G thing" I hung out in the projects of my hometown.

We used to get in a lot of trouble but most we didn't get caught for.. I remember one time me and my white friend along with 3 of my black friends took a radio from someone's car.

They saw us and phoned it in and we got pulled about 3 miles down the road at gunpoint. I strictly remember the police pointing the same gun dead center at me as they did my black friends.

I also remember sharing the same holding cell as my black friends. We all got community service and probation. Funny I guess I didn't know about white privilege then or it didn't help.

Everyone gets along here and holds the door open for people and says good morning and how are ya? We aren't the racist's boogeymen.

And if you say race relations were bad you must have hung around racists yourself and that's why you have the viewpoint you do. I didn't hang around racists so wouldn't know. I can almost guarantee I hung around more blacks than you virtue signaling liberals who probably would have been scared to roam the neighborhood I did. Hmmmmm

edit on 21-8-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join