It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of North Carolina Students Topple Confederate Monument

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Thats literally the dumbest thing ive heard. Murdering soneone for trashing a statue. Go back to the stone ages why dont ya.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Thats literally the dumbest thing ive heard. Murdering soneone for trashing a statue. Go back to the stone ages why dont ya.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Everyone not a student on both sides should be arrested trespassing any who actually toppled statue should be arrested for destruction of private property and any students found to be involved with toppling should be expelled and made to pay restitution for damage done any faculty involved should be fired and be made to pay for damages to.

It amazes me that schools let these protest happen on their campuses they Are private property so why can't they just have protesters arrested for trespass and shut it down before it gets out of hand?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Who's IDEA is it to Tear Down Historic American Monuments ?

Answer - Anarchists . Nuff Said ..........

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Isn't monument destruction a gateway crime?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

People with brains enouth to know that slave owners shouldnt have monuments.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I suppose it could be considered such...though it is a bit of a stretch...

After all, if they're allowed to get away with vandalizing a statue...all in the name of fighting racism, of course, what else might they do in their quest to "combat racism"...?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I was kidding a bit about the gateway but I have to wonder.

I suppose there has always been a part of society that overlooks some crime but I thought they were usually the criminals.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I figured you were...but it got me thinking. That's not always a good thing...

But if people are willing to excuse a wrong deed done in the name of good of this nature, what else might those same people be willing to excuse later?

I find that to be somewhat worrisome.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

You ever think that the reason they pointed the gun at you too was because you were with your black friends????

That if you had been with a group of alternative type white kids that never happens?!?!

I live in Mississippi and have the vast majority of my life.

Me and a buddy got a job at Hardee’s at 16 and THE DAY we were hired we had the GM tell us we would be managers really fast the slyly gestures to my hand signaling it was because we were white..

My grandmother made me stop playing with a black friend I bumped into who lived next to a furniture store in Vicksburg when she was furniture shopping..

Just because you are/were not racist doesn’t mean racism isn’t alive and well in the south..

White southerners are still ridiculously easy to propagandize if you pretend a violent black uprising is comming.. exactly like they were in the civil war era.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I agree with your take and I think we are seeing it happening. Quite a bit of protesting in support of people who have have broken laws. Times are a changing...

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: ker2010

You ever think that the reason they pointed the gun at you too was because you were with your black friends????

That if you had been with a group of alternative type white kids that never happens?!?!

I live in Mississippi and have the vast majority of my life.

Me and a buddy got a job at Hardee’s at 16 and THE DAY we were hired we had the GM tell us we would be managers really fast the slyly gestures to my hand signaling it was because we were white..

My grandmother made me stop playing with a black friend I bumped into who lived next to a furniture store in Vicksburg when she was furniture shopping..

Just because you are/were not racist doesn’t mean racism isn’t alive and well in the south..

White southerners are still ridiculously easy to propagandize if you pretend a violent black uprising is comming.. exactly like they were in the civil war era.

Yes, your grandma and some baby boomers who are dying out. Its the way some of those folks were raised. The thing is , starting at GEN X and onward racism was greatly dying out and getting better the corresponding generation. My classmates from my high school, to my social life were always a mixed crowd, none of us Gen Xers gave two craps about race. Not anyone in my ring of friends.

Things were getting so much better, that is until recently with the anti-white crap that is going on. The blaming whitey for every evil of the world. The white guilt ridden crowd who love to virtue signal. The "only white people can be racist" mantra.

You can't defeat racism by being racist yourself. The thing is we are in a country where everyone has the same rights, there are thousands of successful black people, there was a two-term black president, countless black millionaires. True hate groups like the KKK and skinheads have dwindled down to a statistical nothing.

But you guys are acting as if we live in the Jim Crow era when its nothing of the sort. The progress made has been incredible yet you are showing anger that would be justified 50+ years ago not in 2018!

Meanwhile, the NYT can hire true racists, youtube videos hating white people don't get removed, you can go on youtube or facebook and see thousands of racist anti-white remarks, websites like root are not ridiculed for their race-baiting.

A white person gets shot by the cops while being unarmed and it gets 5% coverage from the media. A black person does and its 95% coverage. The agenda is division and to paint blacks as perpetual victims that are always mistreated. Of course, when these things happen to white people they are not nearly as covered by msm.

Their narrative is so damn clear to see.
edit on 21-8-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Depends. Statue of Rocky people might get upset...

People of Philadelphia love their Rocky statue, and if anyone tried to topple it, there would be hell to pay.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

People of Philadelphia love their Rocky statue, and if anyone tried to topple it, there would be hell to pay.

That is no longer allowed. They would have to just suck it up and let it go.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This seems to be the new flash point for people to prove how anti racist they are.

What will you destroy when all the confederate statues are gone?

Will this erase history?

Good luck to everyone

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

And Eve should have Never Eaten that Apple . Are you more concerned with Heinous Acts that happened in Ancient History more than what is happening in our Country TODAY ? Talk about a Lack of Understanding . By the Way , the Slavery Outrage Created by the Left was Caused by Democrats who themselves were Slave Owners .

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Aye well see if we arent bothered about a statue in Scotland , we just stick a cone on its heid and we are done !
makes it look daft !

Equestrian Duke of Wellington

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

It’s Funny, but why do I think you would be far more lenient if it was an obama statue...

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Not a bad plan...

I personally am a huge fan of making people look stupid when they deserve it.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

That's asking these people to have a sense of humor.
Won't work, sorry.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join