It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of North Carolina Students Topple Confederate Monument

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
So, if the south is progressing.

We should be progressive in replacing "out-dated" statues from a white washed history.

Replacing them with a variety of historical figures that were significant - - but, not culturally acceptable to be recognized because of race/heritage/gender.

www.thedailybeast.com...

pjmedia.com...

The South doesn't want or need your silly liberal statues.

Erect them in California is you think they are that important.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

lol
in case you missed it change.org has no standing in the legislature of the state of north carolina
that is the problem with you people
even when shown the rules you make up your own and then attempt to justify them
no participation trophy today junior
seek validation elsewhere

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Its funny they still ignore my post that it only got 7% of the student populations signatures. Nearly 2k signatures out of a school pop of 26k plus.
edit on 21-8-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

lol in case you missed it change.org has no standing in the legislature of the state of north carolina

Exactly. That is why your question was rather absurd, because no one even implied as such. Change.org only serves as a site to start petitions, etc, and that is what they did. They petitioned government and the issue seems to have been shucked to the side, allowing an outside group to take care of the issue instead of addressing the petition outright.

that is the problem with you people even when shown the rules you make up your own and then attempt to justify them no participation trophy today junior seek validation elsewhere

What rules did I make up and then try to justify?

Please be specific and provide details.

Unless you just made up a false claim that you have no proof for, this is going to be very interesting.

So please share with the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

Its funny they still ignore my post that it only got 6% of the student populations signatures.

That has nothing to do with me and I've not said anything on that particular issue.

So I've not ignored your posts. I've simply not read them at all.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

Yeah keep talking # on what you don't know.
I know cause I know what I saw. I saw it in school every day.
And you're trying to label me racist?

That's hilarious.

My city was segregated. All the black people lived south of central. Whites lived north. Black kids got bussed to school. It was a clash every day so keep #in tslking

(post by shooterbrody removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

Its funny they still ignore my post that it only got 7% of the student populations signatures. Nearly 2k signatures out of a school pop of 26k plus.

Its not funny anymore.
They spout bs like it is the truth then squeal like elementary school children when called out on it.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: introvert

SNIPPED

I posted a link.

Point is - - there was effort by citizens to have it removed.

Which they can't do - - because fascist Right Republicans made it against the law.

edit on 8.21.2018 by Kandinsky because: Snipped quote of removed post

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Point is - - there was effort by citizens to have it removed. Which they can't do - - because fascist Right Republicans made it against the law.

point is-without following the law there was no "effort" to have it removed
you don't get to just follow the laws that are "convenient for you"
oh and the "fascist Right Republicans" won the elections held there, so they do get to make the laws

edit on 21/8/2018 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Yeah keep talking # on what you don't know.
I know cause I know what I saw. I saw it in school every day.
And you're trying to label me racist?

That's hilarious.

My city was segregated. All the black people lived south of central. Whites lived north. Black kids got bussed to school. It was a clash every day so keep #in tslking

My high school was probably 60% black.

You can say what you want but there is no "widespread" racism going on in the south at this moment.

Everyone has equal treatment under the law. If you would like to point out why blacks are not treated equally now or show some state and federal laws that discriminate against them and are racist please provide proof of them so I can be outraged with you.

The KKK is virtually DEAD. Races are equal under the eyes of the law and government.

It's the far left that is doing more to nurture division right now than some extremely minute number of KKK/White supremacist holed up in some deep south backwoods trailer park.

edit on 21-8-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

What are you babbling about?
I said nothing about racism today. I said when I was in school in the south race relations were terrible. All I can speak about is where I was

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Still in disbelief about the calls for violence against them for removing a statue of a fictional person.

Next time I'm in Disney I'm going to Rochambeau the Mickey statue, see if it pisses people off.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Seems like some people can flow the laws they choose though.
How about the advocates for violence?

See how many stars those posts got?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Still in disbelief about the calls for violence against them for removing a statue of a fictional person.

Next time I'm in Disney I'm going to Rochambeau the Mickey statue, see if it pisses people off.

That's a term I have not heard in a while

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I'd like to collectively Rochambeau a few more people.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Statues representing men who lost a war to us should not be erected anywhere on u.s soil and only be mentioned in history books and museums. Anyone defending said statues would be treasonous in my opinion. Would you defend statues of Hitler or Mussolini on school grounds?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Seems like some people can flow the laws they choose though.
How about the advocates for violence?

See how many stars those posts got?

I don't disagree with some following the law and some not.
I think the law should be applied equally.
Just don't think you can get a big chief tablet and a box of crayola crayons and make a "petition", or try and pass off one as being done when it was not.
As to the violence; I do not advocate it or those who do. At the end of the day it is an inanimate object. Nothing to commit violence over.
Stars here are meaningless. Unless you are into validation from god knows who is on the other end of the interwebs.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'd like to collectively Rochambeau a few more people.

Me too.
Lots in this thread

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: TinySickTears

Statues representing men who lost a war to us should not be erected anywhere on u.s soil and only be mentioned in history books and museums. Anyone defending said statues would be treasonous in my opinion. Would you defend statues of Hitler or Mussolini on school grounds?

What about statues of fake people?
Where do those fall?

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join