It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of North Carolina Students Topple Confederate Monument

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

The fact of the matter is, native Americans aren't out here crying Like little bchs like so many of the virtue signaling whites and people like BLM

Just crying on ATS.
My heritage is just as valid as yours, thanks very much.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: SailorJerry

The fact of the matter is, native Americans aren't out here crying Like little bchs like so many of the virtue signaling whites and people like BLM

Just crying on ATS.
My heritage is just as valid as yours, thanks very much.

Not saying its not valid

But to sit here and try to preach to me when you didn't grow up on the rez, like you know all about that life is as disengenious as it gets.

Acting like because you have a little native blood you know the struggle

Please.....

Again all this bs is just virtue signaling
edit on 21-8-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

wouldn't bother me a bit, since his actions definitely played a huge part in the development of the city.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

And if the locals were opposed to such a statue due to the horrors Sherman committed? Would you demand it be erected?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
wouldn't bother me a bit, since his actions definitely played a huge part in the development of the city.

Yeah, he definitely cleared a lot of downtown land for future redevelopment.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So wherever there are statues of Gen. Sherman it would be cool to tear them since he burned Atlanta and Columbia SC ?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Can southerners go to the north and tear own the statue of Sherman and have it "overlooked"?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
There is a statue of him in Washington D.C.
That is worse than Atlanta in many respects.
en.wikipedia.org...

General William Tecumseh Sherman Monument is an equestrian statue of American Civil War Major General William Tecumseh Sherman located in Sherman Plaza, which is part of President's Park in Washington, D.C., in the United States.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Once all the statues that offend people are knocked down and books that offend people are done away with, and then websites you don't like are deleted, and so on, what do they think will be accomplished? We will be left with a country where the government and thought police control everything. Who benefits from this madness of destroying what you don't agree with. Not the people. Look at history. This is a very dangerous path we are on.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Just curious?

And before anyone says a thing no I don't care about religion

The point is to expose the stupidity

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Dont be naive.
Let's look at the statue itself and the context behind it.
It's a statue honoring the soldiers who fought for the south. Not a figure head of the confederates who knew what the end game was. Majority of the men who did fight for the south had no idea what they really were fighting for, in their eyes they were fighting invaders.
If this was a statue of Robert e Lee, then I wouldn't care, but when its a statue on an 'unknown' solider', I kinda do care, even if the reason behind the war was very sinister.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Agreed, it is virtue signaling , no one cares and no one means any of it.

We had a school shooting in florida and the world was on fire, the public was outraged, we had tons of protests and movements, and people screaming for guns.

Yet we JUST had an ISIS training camp TO CARRY OUT SCHOOL SHOOTINGS, busted

And not a damn peep, no outrage, hardly ANY news coverage.

It really shows you how much all this is just BS.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

So wherever there are statues of Gen. Sherman it would be cool to tear them since he burned Atlanta and Columbia SC ?

No, Sherman was a winner and winners get trophies. Second Place Losers get nada.

The whole participation trophy generation needs to come to terms with this.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Sherman was also responsible for the deaths of millions of natives. The creation of reservations, and almost caused the buffalo to become extinct.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

No, Sherman was a winner and winners get trophies. Second Place Losers get nada.

The whole participation trophy generation needs to come to terms with this.

Wait a minute.

Doesn't everyone get a trophy for participation. Now they are being taken back?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

You do have to destroy anything from past history if your
agenda is to rewrite history.

link   

originally posted by: strongfp
Sherman was also responsible for the deaths of millions of natives. The creation of reservations, and almost caused the buffalo to become extinct.

And? He still gave Atlanta it's worst beating until the 1999 Yankees.

Winners get trophies in both cases.

link   

I don't demand much of anything until people start infringing on my space, family, and rights.

Seems to be from the side you lean more towards that are intent of forcing their opinions on others, its obvious some people want the statues to stay and others want them gone.

So whos opinon should be validated, or maybe instead of encouraging people to tear statues down we encourage them to use the system.
You know do things the legal and correct way, rather than the lawless incorrect way.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Doesn't everyone get a trophy for participation.

Maybe in Nancyville. We need to raise more people who want to succeed and not just be happy finishing second.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

So you're ok honoring a genocidal war monger?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join