It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of North Carolina Students Topple Confederate Monument

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I might be wrong but I believe Lincoln thought that the country should deport all African Americans. At least, in his personal life. Politics is a different game altogether.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: TinySickTears

The violence has already been lit. That was done by the first bunch of protestors who chose to go after a people's heritage.

As for my extreme response... I consider myself a peaceable fellow. I will walk away from fights; most things are simply not worth fighting over.

My heritage is.

TheRedneck

Why?

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Looking at the group that made the statue and it's dedication speech, I think it's safe to say good riddance.

The present generation, I am persuaded, scarcely takes note of what the Confederate soldier meant to the welfare of the Anglo Saxon race during the four years immediately succeeding the war, when the facts are, that their courage and steadfastness saved the very life of the Anglo Saxon race in the South – When “the bottom rail was on top” all over the Southern states, and to-day, as a consequence the purest strain of the Anglo Saxon is to be found in the 13 Southern States – Praise God.

I trust I may be pardoned for one allusion, howbeit it is rather personal. One hundred yards from where we stand [on Franklin Street], less than ninety days perhaps after my return from Appomattox, I horse-whipped a negro wench until her skirts hung in shreds, because upon the streets of this quiet village she had publicly insulted an maligned a Southern lady, and then rushed for protection to these University buildings where was stationed a garrison of 100 Federal soldiers. I performed the pleasing duty in the immediate presence of the entire garrison, and for thirty nights afterward slept with a double-barrel shotgun under my head.

hgreen.people.ua.edu...

new topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join