It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: Night Star

Congratulations! 39 years is quite the commitment. If we see you go to bed early tonight it would make a funny change.

Obvious joke is obvious.

Not much to report here. I emptied my bucket but am slowly, ever so slowly, filling it again. All quiet on the eastern front.

I didn't even get a card.

How is your foot? How is the weather? How are the dragon Sisters and why haven't you written more about them? I would like very much to hear about your adventures with them or to have you join in our ongoing story!

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Congratulations! 39 years is quite the commitment. If we see you go to bed early tonight it would make a funny change.

Obvious joke is obvious.

Not much to report here. I emptied my bucket but am slowly, ever so slowly, filling it again. All quiet on the eastern front.

I didn't even get a card.

I'm really sorry sweetie...you deserve so much better. *hugs*

Last Wednesday would have been my 37th wedding anniversary with my kids dad.

I'm sitting alone here feeling depressed tonight so thought I would join you for some Shed cyber-cocktails.
I'm starting with a Singapore Sling...what are you having?

(Hi everybody)
jacy

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

All things with time. Speaking of time, the big hand is pointing at the little hand. It's time to crash. I went walking tonight. It didn't hurted too much.

No card? I hope he paid for the pizza!

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

You still here??? I'll have a black Russian. I could use one!

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Sweetest Dreams Light!

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I'm mostly here.

G'nite Light.

Ok I will have a Brown Cow next...that's Khalua for both of us...?
I'm sorry if your Russian is a little strong, been a while since I played bartender.

It's a long weekend here in the land of Canucks...pretty quiet...I think everyone has gone camping.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Yep khalua! Long weekend here too. People are at barbecues.

Us...we have the Shed...and drinks. LOL

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I'm sorry!

edit on 1-9-2018 by jacygirl because: Rambling on ..

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Glad you got to spend time with your friend.

Yes, a shame we are all scattered all over the world, but a blessing that we all got to know each other and can be a part of each other's lives.

Your Thanksgiving is next month, mine is in November.

Tired and back is sore sitting here so long.

I love when you ramble.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

That is my dream too.

There would be a light house to gather all those with a faithful heart to the shores of Shedlandia.
One day, perhaps on the other side, how sweet it would be, to hold those who travelled through dark and dry lands together. For now I must decline. The sea is too rough. But I had to reply to this.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

What the heck? You changed your post. Gah! Phone. Be back Love.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

WIS...Thank you. I just read what you wrote about "The wren" but couldn't think of what to say.

I hate it when my post looks like drunk ramblings...when I don't even drink.
Apparently being very depressed makes you about as articulate as a drunk...?

Thanks, Night. Maybe I should stick to lurking tonight.
Words are not coming easy it seems.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

An in "absentia" comment. I am so sorry. But I congataulate you.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Awwwww, your words are more than fine. You are here which means a lot to me. Too many people lurk and it sometimes gets lonely in here. So...don't worry about what you say or how you say it. I'm not very wordy tonight myself.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

He threw money on the table. So romantic. not even a quick hug. Weird.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Going to lay down and rest my back while on the phone. Be back in a while.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

He threw money on the table. So romantic. not even a quick hug. Weird.

That does sound odd,Night. 🤔
Did he like the card you gave him ? Maybe if you would have initiated a hug , he would have reciprocated ?

From what you have shared about Mark, he seems like the shy sort and not a man of many words. Maybe he just needs a little motivation to be more romantic. Some guys just need that extra gentle pull into the embrace.

Just a thought,Night. It’s sad to see such a long marriage with no affection being shared.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think it is time for this.

We will gather by the fire.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
WiS,
When the water gets to rough or choppy,that is when we should all lash our rafts together, not drift apart.

You are missed.

It's late I'm tired, good night gang.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

We decided on something simple for our late lunch/early supper...pizza!

Yay, great minds think alike! We also ordered pizza today, for a late dinner. We just got done with it, in fact (hey, I did say it was a late dinner!)

Ours is a local independent mom & pop place that's been around for a long time, they're very, very popular in the neighborhood. I haven't met anyone here that orders from anywhere else. I've never even seen a chain car around here, these guys have the pizza market here solidly cornered, nobody wants anything else.

They're fantastic quality pies, everything is fresh veggies, not frozen or canned. The meats are also mostly fresh-cooked, save for stuff like pepperoni or ham. You can always tell when they're cooking up their bacon batches, it wafts through the neighborhood and beckons you, lol.
We've been in there just before they open and have watched them wash, slice & dice the veggies and load their respective prep area bins while we all yakked. The dough is fresh, and the cheese is local, too. The sauce is an old family recipe, too, but if I recall correctly, they no longer make it themselves, one of the food plants around here makes the quantities he goes through for him now. The sauce is so yummy, my older kid once asked the owner, we'll call him Joe Pizza, if he'd let her drink it. He laughed (quite heartily, too) and actually did get her a little dipping cup's worth to "drink", made her night.

Anyway, we ordered 3, one Meat Lover's, and two Hawaiians, mediums. Figured that should be more than enough for everybody for the next 2 days. It was really busy when I called it in, he had me confirm the address, "123 Blah-Blah Street", "...123 Blah-Blah Stre -- Blah-Blah Street? Hey, it's you guys! It's about that time again for a pizza party at your husband's work, isn't it?"
He's pretty familiar with us at this point, we usually walk in, but on occasion, we'll ask them to deliver it instead. And he's catered hubby's work multiple times now after hubs insisted they give him a try, too. It's a bit of a drive that is technically out of his delivery & catering area, but he makes bank on it and has no problem going there -- hubby's work orders at least 15 XXLs per shift (day shift, night shift, 30 gigantic pizzas total at minimum, wow) Those are absolutely massive pizzas, and his work tips huge for the trouble of going twice on pizza party day. They throw a pizza party every season (every 3 months) like clockwork, the guy has to make a least a grand, tips included, for just 2 trips off them.

Anyway, so I ordered 3 mediums, paid for 3 mediums. When the delivery guy pulls up and hands me the pizzas, I'm thinking, "Damn, these are heavy, Joe Pizza must have really loaded them again!"

Actually, I didn't notice until I went inside that Joe Pizza upgraded us to larges at no charge, and they were indeed loaded as hell, lol. Not the first time he's done it, either. I swear he remembers his loyal customers and it's his version of a perk of said loyalty -- surprise size upgrades with extra toppings.

We'll be eating like pizza freak kings for a few days!
edit on 9/1/2018 by Nyiah because: Oops, bungled the tags. Fixed!

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join