It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Continued from link to Gordi's post above.

Night looked to Sir Gordi and Pudge and nodded in approval. "Gentlemen, I am restless and need to keep moving. Be ever cautious and stay safe my friends." She hated goodbyes, even if they were temporary. She squeezed Gordi's shoulder lovingly then moved away as quickly as she could. Pesky pointed to the mountain. "Look, black smoke rising from high above! I guess that means we won't be going through the cave at the bottom? I know how you like to head straight into danger zones. You know, get right to the heart of things and all." The Elvan Warrior grinned. "Your ever curious little mind and fearlessness wouldn't have it any other way."

They ran under the cover of night and through the purple mist from the open field to the edge of the rocky mountain. At first, the climb was easy enough, but became more difficult as they ascended higher. Pesky flew as Night tried to grasp at the uneven surface, stones sliding as she climbed higher, losing her footing at times, but forging ahead.

When they reached an even surface to rest upon, Pesky asked Night if she could peer into the crystal globe to see if anything would be revealed to them. Night carefully opened the protective pouch and held the sphere in her palm when suddenly a mountain goat came out of seemingly nowhere. Startled, she jumped and lost her grip of the beautiful orb as it flew from her delicate hand and shattered ono the rocks below.

Pesky jumped up and down raving and ranting like a madwoman. "How could you be so clumsy? Now what are we going to do? It could have helped us in so many ways! It could have lead us straight to my Pixies Sisters! It could have..." The Elf gave her little friend 'the look', but still the pixie rambled on. "Oh will you please shut up! You will only draw attention to us you fool! And you just scared our dinner away."

The thunder was closer now and it began to rain, lightening streaked across the dark sky making the journey ahead more treacherous. Slowly Night closed her eyes and concentrated on Hugo the winged wildcat. "I need you my dear friend. Please hurry, we haven't much time."

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Yup, your turn to make an entry.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Well done! Well worth the wait!

Respectfully,
~meathead

edit on 31-8-2018 by Mike Stivic because: Stuff

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Thank you so much Joe! Much appreciated. How are you tonight Hun?

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Tired, relaxing watching some boob tube.

Penn and Teller: fool us

It's not bad , they have magicians do tricks and if Penn and Teller can't figure out how they do it, the magicians win.

How are you hun? How goes the remodeling efforts? I know it's been hot, it's not easy to get motorvated....

Respectfully,
~meathead
edit on 31-8-2018 by Mike Stivic because: Book to boob..lol..I said bewb...

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Mark is doing all the work really and he is a perfectionist, always does a damned good job, so things are moving along slowly but surely. I just pack things up and move things out of the way for him. Move things, move them back, move things, move them back. LOL

Enjoy your boob tube! If Gordi was here, I just know there would be a DDIG in there. LOL

A huge thank you for participating today and not being glued to the bushes. I threatened to cut them down once. HA!

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Where the hell is my night crew? You're all fired! LOL

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Hello! it has been a few days since i wrote here!

The thing is, from wednesday to friday i was at my stepdad's summer cottage with mom. We go every year when the summer is about to end. It was great! i was totally offline, my cell phone was off, my mom has a smart phone and a tablet that i could use but i don't know how to use them and i refuse to learn (because smart devices capture human souls and turn them into zombies but that is a whole different story)

The amount of serenity was unimaginable.

I am so much like mom, we have the same sense of humor, same political views, we could sit for hours at the summer cottage beach and talk. We saw clouds forming and angel above us on thursday. It even had eyes. Long hair flowing. Wings. Yes i know what pareidolia means but it looked exactly like an angel. My mom took some photos but i don't know, maybe some 3D effect was missing and it didn't look like an angel anymore on the screen of the phone.

Wednesday evening when i had spent time in the sauna and the sea i was washing myself. And there it was. A SPIDER! on the sauna floor. We don't have venomous spiders here but they freak me out. So i pondered my options. 1) quick PM to timely to do me a "small" favor and hire a supersonic airplane to show up and take care of it and let him now for good that i am officially a wuss. 2) Walk back to the cottage and ask my stepdad to take care of the spider and let him know for good that i am officially a wuss. 3) Ignore the whole spider, leave it there in a hot sauna and my soapy water, then beat myself up mentally for the rest of the vacation. 4) Man up, and carry the spider outside. It was not an option to just quickly crab it and throw it outside, because it's body was maybe the size of a pea, and compared to that, very long legs, like a match stick. I wouldn't want a being 5000 times the size of me to pull my arms or legs out. So i went into autopilot mode, shut down my fear and disgust, gently took it to my hand and carried it outside and set it to the root of a pine tree. Then i shivered in disgust and felt good about myself at the same time.

Plenty of dragonflies. In all the colors you can imagine. Great beings, like a small bio helicopter.

Oh yeah and there was a book in the outhouse. Useless facts, jokes, fun quotes and stuff. So, if you yell for about 8.5 years in a row nonstop, then you have created enough energy to make yourself one cup of coffee.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

I had a Finnish mate back in the day, His Mom was cool too !

Do Finnish families start early ?

* asking for Gordi's mate ...

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Watching Ancient Aliens. Loving the 2 hour episodes this season
Hope everyone is having a good weekend

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I wish I was good with tools . I've never been good at carpentry or fixing things. Your lucky Mark has those skills, I can paint(not art)but that's about it.

Don't thank me for participating hun,no,no.

THANK YOU for keeping this wonderful place alive!

Ok , I got a late start today,I'm going to head down to the garden,I will check back in when I come back up for a beer

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Fin, your trip sounded sooo beautiful, except for the spider part, but that made me laugh like hell! Bahaha! I'm still laughing.

I miss vacations by the sea. It's like heaven on earth! And how cool to see a cloud in an Angel formation! I love colorful dragonflies and have been seeing them around lately when I'm out.

I'm glad you had such a great time. Your Mom sounds awesome, just like you.

I still can't believe you picked the spider up! Aahaha! I would have been screaming for someone, anyone to save me.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
Watching Ancient Aliens. Loving the 2 hour episodes this season
Hope everyone is having a good weekend

I love those shows!

It is my Anniversary today. 39 years! Still not sure if I'll get a card yet. We decided to order out for supper later. Hope you are having a lovely day!

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

That's awesome, happy 39th! Good to see some marriages lasting in this day and age

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Mark isn't a carpenter. He will be fixing walls and painting ceilings and woodwork, might throw up some paneling in one room and a new floor for the kitchen and living room and wallpapering. We'll be having ceiling fans put in, but have to call the Landlord to get an electrician for that.

He could repair and do amazing custom work on guitars for himself and friends. I think he could build one from scratch if he had to. He is also good with working on cars, though now with so much electronics in them, it is too much of a challenge. He has been working on a collectors edition Monza mirage bicentennial edition car for years. He keeps customizing it and changing his mind. Spent a fortune on the darned thing.

Have fun in the garden! I used to garden with Mom all the time. I would freak when I saw a spider or worms or some other creepy crawly thing. She used to say, "Some nature girl you are. " LOL Though I loved snakes and mice and frogs.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

That's awesome, happy 39th! Good to see some marriages lasting in this day and age

We almost didn't make it this far.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
We decided on something simple for our late lunch/early supper...pizza!

What's going on in the Shedlands today? Anything interesting? I heard some dragon eggs hatched. Going to the dragon keep to check it out.
edit on 1-9-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hello Night! I love Dragons! If you have one to spare I'd love one of my own!

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Congratulations! 39 years is quite the commitment. If we see you go to bed early tonight it would make a funny change.

Obvious joke is obvious.

Not much to report here. I emptied my bucket but am slowly, ever so slowly, filling it again. All quiet on the eastern front.
edit on 1/9/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trucker1
Hello Night! I love Dragons! If you have one to spare I'd love one of my own!

You may have one to bond with. Promise to always love and look after it, because it will always love and look after you.

Will you pick a male or female? What will you name it?

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join