It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bezos will be a trillionaire by 2025

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
He made the bulk of his money during the recession .

Wrong, the stock valuation at the end of 2008 was $52, it is now $1,900+. A simpleton could do this math.

edit on 13-8-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...And think any one that becomes the richest man in the world during one of the worst recession ever is possibly the reason for the recession..

Part of your problem is your facts are completely screwed up, the recession was 10 years ago, Bezos just became #1 during this year.

Now hes making twice as much in trumps economy and still slandering trump but keeping all the money..

Should he not be able to keep his money?

And how is the recession his fault?

I said possibly lol..

Yes he should be allowed to keep it. I am not saying that at all.

Im asking at what point is enough enough?

I'm not sure it's any of our business, as long as no laws are being broken to acquire that wealth.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Wrong, the stock valuation at the end of 2008 was $52, it is now $1,800+. A simpleton could do this math.

Can I borrow a calculator?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Bhadhidar

In addition to Amazon, Bezos also owns the private company Nash Holdings,

Which, in turn, publishes

The Washington Post.

Thank you for clarifying that. He owns a holding company which indicates he does not get involved with the Washington Post. All he did was buy some investment stock. notsure1 seems to not understand how that works and couldn't answer my question.

TheRedneck

Yep you are right he probably has nothing to do with WAPO? Are you kidding? You seem to not understand .

So if Bezos called and said dont run this story I bet they wouldnt run it.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

No, but I did order you one from Amazon.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Wrong, the stock valuation at the end of 2008 was $52, it is now $1,900+. A simpleton could do this math.

What was it at the end of 2016? Because that is the obama era right? @008 was the end of Bush.

It looks like you proved he made the bulk of him $$ under Obama unless im missing something..

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Im not saying it should be illegal im saying he should pay his employees more damm money..

Not sure how you got that out of the fact I despise broccoli... but...

He is paying well above minimum wage. It is not my place nor yours to determine what someone pays their employees. That's between him and his employees.

I'm not at all sure how that would be codified... all employees must be paid a minimum wage equal to a percentage of what the owner has? How exactly does that work? Is it the same percentage for all employees, from the janitor trainee to the senior engineer? What if an employee makes more than that percentage? Is that evil too?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

What was it at the end of 2016?

The recession didn't end in 2016, it ended long before that.

But since you are too lazy to look this up for yourself it was around $780 which means it more than doubled since then. And in case this complicated set of numbers is confounding you it means he made the majority of his money AFTER 2016 which means you're wrong. Again.

edit on 13-8-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

...And think any one that becomes the richest man in the world during one of the worst recession ever is possibly the reason for the recession..

Part of your problem is your facts are completely screwed up, the recession was 10 years ago, Bezos just became #1 during this year.

Now hes making twice as much in trumps economy and still slandering trump but keeping all the money..

Should he not be able to keep his money?

And how is the recession his fault?

I said possibly lol..

Yes he should be allowed to keep it. I am not saying that at all.

At what point is enough enough? This is a question that cannot be answered...

First off, people like Bezos and other uber wealthy don't necessarily set out to acquire godly wealth. It is a function of them creating a business/service that becomes immensley valuable on a global scale. Most people could probably live pretty good off a couple hundred grand in the bank if they don't desire a lot of unnecessary luxury goods.

For example, the chick that wrote Harry Potter probably never dreamed she'd be a billionaire. Imagine that... a billionaire from writing a series of pre-teen books. Do you envy her like you envy Bezo?

Or maybe the chick that developed "Spanx" who is a billionaire from selling cheap tummy tuck stuff to other women.

A haitian eating dirt cookies may think the same thing about you as you do Bezos. When is enough enough when you are eating dirt cookies, but Notsure1 has food, air conditioning, and real food on his table. How dare you flaunt your wealth to Haitians eating dirt cookies. If only you'd just give your money away... See how absurd this gets?

The reality is that you are part of the global 1% by virtue of just living in western society. No poor person in western society really knows what true poverty is because our standard of living is so high.

link   

No, but I did order you one from Amazon.

link   

Im not saying it should be illegal im saying he should pay his employees more damm money..

Not sure how you got that out of the fact I despise broccoli... but...

He is paying well above minimum wage. It is not my place nor yours to determine what someone pays their employees. That's between him and his employees.

I'm not at all sure how that would be codified... all employees must be paid a minimum wage equal to a percentage of what the owner has? How exactly does that work? Is it the same percentage for all employees, from the janitor trainee to the senior engineer? What if an employee makes more than that percentage? Is that evil too?

TheRedneck

Because greedy ass holes like Bezos lobby and fight to keep the minimum wage at ridiculous levels while they make 5 grand a second..

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: SailorJerry

Funny how all the guys defending Bezos are the same that complain about fake news..

Bezos uses all that money to literally create fake news and the narrative that everyone defending him hates..

But we kepp shopping with him proudly so we can save a few bucks..

Proof?
Are you ok with Soros paying protesters?

He should be able to do whatever he wants with his money right?

Who do you want to own a newspaper?

What law would you like to see where people could not pay for protest?

I dont know..
I just dont like Bezos.. And think any one that becomes the richest man in the world during one of the worst recession ever is possibly the reason for the recession..

I don't like Soros, Bezos, the Washington Post, lima beans, olives, or ice in my bourbon.

But what I like or dislike should have no bearing as to what a person should be free to do.

So you dont think we should do anything about the media and fake news? Or should they be free to divide us at there will?

Whoa!

Hold on there!

Back the truck up a bit.

Free speech.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

a reply to: CynConcepts

Just this past January, he donated 33 million

So 10% of a one day salary.

Great things hes doing..

That was just one single donation and charity. He donates to multiple non-profits other than that single one. If one looks at his history of philanthropy, each year his wealth grows, so does his individual contributions grow.

No sensible human being is going to just donate everything they own or have. Most of his wealth is in assets and investments, not actual cash on hand. So yes, he does donate quite a bit more than you realize.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Yep you are right he probably has nothing to do with WAPO? Are you kidding? You seem to not understand .

The only one who doesn't understand is you.

I'm done here. I require some amount of mental cognizance of the issues in order to debate. Enjoy your ignorance, and remind me to leave the US if I ever make too much money... and to take it with me when I go.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

You forgot broccoli. Redneck HATES broccoli! Little alien trees should be illegal...

TheRedneck

I like broccoli.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

You forgot broccoli. Redneck HATES broccoli! Little alien trees should be illegal...

TheRedneck

I like broccoli.

Amazon BROCCOLI FRESH

Here you go...

Peace

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

The only one who doesn't understand is you.

I'm done here. I require some amount of mental cognizance of the issues in order to debate. Enjoy your ignorance, and remind me to leave the US if I ever make too much money... and to take it with me when I go.

TheRedneck

I mean cmon you say stuff like he owns but doesnt have anything to do with it.

And I dont understand..

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I'm asking what you would do with his money when "enough is enough."

TheRedneck

I would give it to my employees. There would be bonuses galore..
edit on 13-8-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

Funny how all the guys defending Bezos are the same that complain about fake news..

Bezos uses all that money to literally create fake news and the narrative that everyone defending him hates..

But we kepp shopping with him proudly so we can save a few bucks..

Proof?
Are you ok with Soros paying protesters?

He should be able to do whatever he wants with his money right?

Who do you want to own a newspaper?

What law would you like to see where people could not pay for protest?

I dont know..
I just dont like Bezos.. And think any one that becomes the richest man in the world during one of the worst recession ever is possibly the reason for the recession..

He obviously invested wisely long before the recession. He was one of the first shareholders in Google, when he invested $250,000 in 1998. That $250,000 investment resulted in 3.3 million shares of Google stock, worth about $3.1 billion in 2017. Just that one investment 20 years ago could have made him a billionaire!
edit on 8 13 2018 by CynConcepts because: Retread and realized I left out 'could have' in last sentence. Since I have no idea on how many shares he had sold.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

becaue he is killing small businesses

That is unfortunately, progress. Maybe not in some people's minds, but progress all the same. Why take the time to drive to a store to buy something for more money (or perhaps the same if they price match), if you can just order it online. I guess we should feel sorry for those who made landline telephones, phone books, newspapers, etc. et al.

Things change. Small stores do have the opportunity to sell through Amazon (or other vendors that are popping up to challenge Amazon), thus increasing their customer base by an exponential amount. I AM for his employees making more money... but that's another issue.

Also Wally world "killed" small business before Amazon. Amazon just made it even easier than Walmart. During a holiday, I much prefer an online venue where I can browse reviews of products, and order it all for 2 day delivery, without having to drive all over town to find the same items. For unique gifts, sure.. I buy from local stores. But why in the world would I select the hassle of going to 3 "small" stores to find a DVD when I have the convenience of going online? Businesses just need to adjust to how the world is doing business.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join