It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bezos will be a trillionaire by 2025

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: CynConcepts

The newspaper BS didn't show up until the last few pages once he was shown all his other arguments were crap.

Whats my argument?

It is Bezos is a greedy POS. I guess you dont agree..

Honestly, you are the one who comes off more greedy! They have more than me...gimme gimme gimme. I find it difficult to believe you support Trump! You actually come across more as a whiny sjw democrat!

Gimmie gimmie gimmie?

I said give your employees a better wage.. Just because thats the minimum wage doesnt mean that is what you have to pay.

I dont work for Amazon so how the hell does it make me greedy?
edit on 13-8-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

You do know that Trump hates the guy too right?
edit on 13-8-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

BS.. BS BS... I only care about Bezos because he owns WAPO.. And I dont like fake news..

Yeah, you were so concerned you didn't even put it in the Original Post. You're just shifting the goalposts now.

Goal post shifting? What was my concern in the op?

I just said how much he makes and urged people to shop local..

Im honestly shocked at how many people came to his defense.

The same people who scream about the media and the deep state. Defend him..

I support local as often as I can, but not at the expense of not being able to buy other items for my family. Less cost = more money for the consumer. Everyone gets it...I think.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I'd love for you to find quotes from me about the Deep State, that would be a neat trick.

Stop digging son, that hole is getting hella deep.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012

BS.. BS BS... I only care about Bezos because he owns WAPO.. And I dont like fake news..

Yeah, you were so concerned you didn't even put it in the Original Post. You're just shifting the goalposts now.

I support local as often as I can, but not at the expense of not being able to buy other items for my family. Less cost = more money for the consumer. Everyone gets it...I think.

I still shop on Amazon sometimes and sell alot of shi on Ebay.

People become unhinged very quickly around here.

link   

You actually come across more as a whiny sjw democrat!

No, that would be me. Except for the whining, and I certainly support the constitution and free enterprise, not sure how you equate that to SJW's, or democrats. He made the money, he can spend it as he wishes. None of my business.

link   

I'd love for you to find quotes from me about the Deep State, that would be a neat trick.

Stop digging son, that hole is getting hella deep.

I would love for you to find where I said you personally said deep state?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Maybe it's time to admit you got a little 'carried away"?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I would love for you to find where I said you personally said deep state?

Your reply to me was an inference that people who defend him also decry the Deep State. You forget what you wrote already like you did with the share valuations?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Where?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

So, are you part of your own complaint, or part of the solution? /confused

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

He made the money, he can spend it as he wishes. None of my business.

Sure is nice to agree with you for a change.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

The newspaper BS didn't show up until the last few pages once he was shown all his other arguments were crap.

Whats my argument?

It is Bezos is a greedy POS. I guess you dont agree..

Honestly, you are the one who comes off more greedy! They have more than me...gimme gimme gimme. I find it difficult to believe you support Trump! You actually come across more as a whiny sjw democrat!

Gimmie gimmie gimmie?

I said give your employees a better wage.. Just because thats the minimum wage doesnt mean that is what you have to pay.

I dont work for Amazon so how the hell does it make me greedy?

You do know that Trump hates the guy too right?

Yes, I do know Trump dislikes him. Since I am not Trump and can actually think for myself, I can be a Trump supporter...and Egad ...support Bezos too! Imagine that?!?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Where?

Oh.

Nevermind.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I think that every Job out thEre hAs issues with LabOr practices. PUtting the blame on Some person for good business acumen seems petty.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You actually come across more as a whiny sjw democrat!

No, that would be me. Except for the whining, and I certainly support the constitution and free enterprise, not sure how you equate that to SJW's, or democrats. He made the money, he can spend it as he wishes. None of my business.

Lol. No offense Angeldoll, I rarely agree with you and some others, but amazingly, this thread must be an ultimate psych job, since it is proving we all can unite on some things. Perhaps we are not so divided as the media and trolls want us to believe? Hmmm.
edit on 8 13 2018 by CynConcepts because: Dang! Sorry I messed your name up...you just remind me of my friend named Angie. Lol.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Perhaps we are not so divided as the media and trolls want us to believe? Hmmm

I don't think there is any question about that.

Cheers, Cyn

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Jesus, he should definitely pay his employees more. I think that all of the bosses involved in his company should sacrifice some of their income in order to give better satisfaction to the employees.

The employees at Amazon are the ones doing the work, they are the backbone of the company. They deserve better - and I've heard they aren't treated very well.
edit on 13pmMon, 13 Aug 2018 16:13:24 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I guess it's a question of fairness.
The guy can afford to pay his workers a decent living wage, provide a canteen for them to eat in, allow them toilet breaks that don't come out of their allocated work break times, maybe even a discount on certain products as a member of his company?
I don't know whether they get social and dental plans and all that stuff? Probably not, but who knows?
You could argue that is it the epitome of the capitalist dream and great business acumen. You could also argue there is exploitation to it.
A happy worker is a productive worker.

Dr Jonas Salk chose not to patent his 1955 polio vaccine, making it more affordable for the millions who needed it. As a result, he missed out on earning an estimated $7 billion. Some psychopath bought the rights to AIDS medication and bumped the price from $13.50 to $750 per pill.
There are some people in life who 'get' what it is to be poor or disadvantaged. Some people, for whatever reason, feel a sense of shall I say, 'moral obligation' to help those who cannot help themselves. I'm not talking about hand outs.
Others behold their staff and customers and see nothing more than 'users' and 'servicers'.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I hate jeff bezos but hey, he found something that worked and has made an excellent product. He took that from a small book shop to the biggest etailer by a huge margin. I still buy local sometimes. Usually for convenience. I continue to hold out hope that he's a super patriot and will pay off the national debt in 15 or 20 years. but that's unlikely.

I'm 100% against any government action against his businesses (unless he starts exercising his monopoly powers for evil). However, there was recently a job fair because amazon opened a distribution center up the road from me, and I refuse to work for them and tell everyone that I know to do so. They exploit their workers (legally) and there are no shortage of other places to work. The only way to get them to fix their terrible employment practices is to dry up labor for them.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

That's not a monopoly... a monopoly is when there is only one possible location to get a product or service, and that simply does not describe Amazon.

Problem is that is not the criteria used when the anti-trust laws have been applied to regular companies in the past.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join