It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bezos will be a trillionaire by 2025

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Thst basically why I made the OP..

How much does he need? At what point do you force him to pay his employess more money?

People say its only his stock evaluation. I say BS.. He own s Amazon and people spend actual $$$$ on amazon and every single thing that Amazon sells Bezos gets some of that cash money in his account.

Employers that make that much of a profit should have to pay their employees more money at some point.

Just my Opinion..

Did you know that Amazon pays people in stock for skilled positions? In fact, they're one of the most generous major companies in the US with their stock grants. They also pay above average for pretty much every position in the company, that's why so many cities are competing to get HQ2 in their city.

Could they afford to pay more than they already do? Probably. But I fail to see why you're upset about the company that's actually compensating employees well compared to so many other companies in the US.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
I mean cmon you say stuff like he owns but doesnt have anything to do with it.

And I dont understand..

Ownership of a company does not mean overseeing day to day operations. The CEO generally oversees day to day work, in the case of WAPO that's Frederick Ryan Jr. Bezos's interaction with the paper is largely in the form of the board which would involve meetings with the CEO to provide occasional input to the company direction, and hiring/firing decisions of high level personel. And that's assuming Bezos is heavily involved in the first place. His ownership of WAPO is really just a large investment in a company that owns a lot of WAPO so it's very possible that when it comes to the vast majority of decisions that he could even vote on, he delegates that vote to the investment company and doesn't get personally involved.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
The employees at Amazon are the ones doing the work, they are the backbone of the company. They deserve better - and I've heard they aren't treated very well.

Amazon has a very competitive internal culture. Some people thrive in that environment and others don't. It's all about eating their own to make the survivors stronger. And it's not easy going, due to the competitiveness, any break means you're falling behind your peers. However, they do pay pretty well.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
Give it time. Google got away with doing what they did because people couldn't sarcastically add $ in their name. Once the iO$ branding takes off, they'll get hit with a lawsuit.

How can you have an anti-trust suit when there are two operating systems?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

It's a real shame. How to fight back?

How about voting for people that will tax and regulate business instead of sacrificing us to it?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Aazadan
Give it time. Google got away with doing what they did because people couldn't sarcastically add $ in their name. Once the iO$ branding takes off, they'll get hit with a lawsuit.

How can you have an anti-trust suit when there are two operating systems?

Courts are pretty bad with technology.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join