It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bezos will be a trillionaire by 2025

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
From jan 1st to May 1st he made 34 billion dollars, that is over 275 million dollars a day.

In 2017 he averaged 107 million a day,

The median average Amazon salary is 28,000 dollars, he makes that in 10 seconds.

His net worth is over 150 billion , he has skyrocketed past Bill gates at 94 billion.

At this pace he will be a trillionaire in just 7 or 8 years.

time.com...

Does anyone else have a problem with this?

Just 20 years ago a trillionaire seemed impossible. hell 20 years ago 100 billion seemed impossible.

What a greedy piece of shi/ He makes his employees average yearly salary in 10 seconds.

I have a small retail store and we sell a variety of stuff from electronics to clothes and sports memorabilia.

I am sick of hearing "I can get that on Amazon for 20 or 8 or 40 or wtf ever lol. "

So please people I know Amazon is easy and convenient and sometimes alot cheaper but every now and then you gotta go help the locals.

Sometimes that one nice 100 dollar sell will just make a guys day ,and who would you rather give your money too some local guy or girl just trying to make rent or Jeff bezos?
edit on 13-8-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Modern slavery comes to mind.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Modern slavery comes to mind.

At what point do they force him to pay his employees more? I personally think 100 billion is enough lol

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

One man could end world poverty and eradicate disease, he could do it single handed... But psychopaths don't give a crap about other so let's face it that ain't gonna happen.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   

He still isn't as rich and powerful as Dale Carenage, but that doesn't really matter. What's important here is why does this bother you? The way I see it, he had a good idea and went with it. It just shows people that in America anyone can do whatever their dreams let them.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Well sure, I do, but what ya gonna do , ask em to play nice? Few of them will. Capitalism has few restrictions on those who take command of it's power and you, and I and all the rest of us ''little guys'' have lost that game.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

He still isn't as rich and powerful as Dale Carenage, but that doesn't really matter. What's important here is why does this bother you? The way I see it, he had a good idea and went with it. It just shows people that in America anyone can do whatever their dreams let them.

becaue he is killing small businesses. and the big one for me is he doesnt pay his employees a living wage while making 5 grand a second..

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Well sure, I do, but what ya gonna do ,.

Shop elsewhere..

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

One man could end world poverty and eradicate disease, he could do it single handed... .

And still be a billionaire

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Not really sure if I give a damn how much this guy makes. I mean it"s just money...

What worries me more is when they want more power, more rights etc...

I do agree on supporting your local economy!! I never order stuff on the internet (mostly because I"m broke..lol) and buy most my groceries directly from the farmer.

Peace

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Shop elsewhere..

What does that mean. It makes no sense as a response to my earlier response. You come here crying about a big time capitalist because you are not getting your share of the cut .

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
A trillionaire in seven to eight years?

Bezos must be a really great businessman.

So, if he ran for, say President, he’d be a really good President.

Maybe the best President ever!

Better than just a billionaire, right?

Bet Bezos plays 400 dimensional chess!

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Shop elsewhere..

What does that mean. It makes no sense as a response to my earlier response. You come here crying about a big time capitalist because you are not getting your share of the cut .

You are a crabby ass huh? I said thats what i am gonna do shop elsewhere.

How the hell does that offend you?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
A trillionaire in seven to eight years?

Bezos must be a really great businessman.

So, if he ran for, say President, he’d be a really good President.

Maybe the best President ever!

Better than just a billionaire, right?

Bet Bezos plays 400 dimensional chess!
I bet his greedy ass would keep his salary....

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Not really sure if I give a damn how much this guy makes. I mean it"s just money...

I do agree on supporting your local economy!! I never order stuff on the internet (mostly because I"m broke..lol) and buy most my groceries directly from the farmer.

Peace

i have a question . You say ''just money'' and I ask JUST MONEY????

That much money is not ''just money'', that much money is the third leg of the beast with more power and more rights being two more. The fourth leg is the psychopathy needed to get the other three.

edit on 31America/ChicagoMon, 13 Aug 2018 01:00:34 -0500Mon, 13 Aug 2018 01:00:34 -050018082018-08-13T01:00:34-05:00100000000 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

I agree with the OP. And yes, it bothers me now knowing he makes that much - when just last night I ran across some articles about people who sell on Amazon who have been getting jipped from when they send their items to the amazon warehouses to storage before selling. Apparently, even though they have UPS and FEDEX shipping receipts with signatures, stating that these items WERE delivered to the amazon warehouse in question and even had someone sign for them...many items were not listed in the accounting lists provided by amazon once received. There would be a standard form letter sent out to the sellers stating that they couldn't do anything about the number discrepencies until their (multi-layered) inventory procedures were finished. Then the sellers would get another letter a week or two later stating that all items were counted by thorough procedures and guidelines - case closed. Many sellers were saying that they got scammed out of some inventory. Now, in 2018 - I also read that Amazon is trying to find solutions to this problem but I don't know much more than that yet about it.

Also, given some personal reasons...I am not convinced that in America people can do whatever their dreams let them - or I wouldn't have been struggling so hard the last several years trying to get a "dream" going. I believe that some people have better backing to get started and they have better opportunities/luck/fate...whatever you call it. It's just not as easy as some would make it sound. So no, the amount of money he makes doesn't bother me. But paying his workers 28k a year? wow, I didn't know that. That's terrible. What bothers me the most is the thought that many sellers are trying to get a lawsuit going against amazon for cheating them and when they send emails to Bezos at the the contact email provided...they don't even get a response. It almost seems like he is just making as much as he can, then if it falls apart...oh well! He is a gazillionaire so it doens't matter. On to the next "good idea" that people will fall for.

One small mention is that I, too, shop on Amazon quite a bit when I have money to buy stuff so I am not totally against the premise. But after having read this thread now makes me want to shop more locally now instead.
edit on 13-8-2018 by TruthJava because: typo

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Peace

i have a question . You say ''just money'' and I ask JUST MONEY????

That much money is not ''just money'', that much money is the third leg of the beast with more power and more rights being two more. The fourth leg is the psychopathy needed to get the other three.

Watch out we agree on something...

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I sympathise with you OP, I do not like megacorps, they hold too much power and influence..it's capitalism at it's worst.
I don't know what a person can do other than shop with their conscience.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I try to buy local as much as possible. My father's business failed because of the big box stores coming into town. It's a real shame. How to fight back?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join