It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bezos will be a trillionaire by 2025

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
Untill of course they buy up Ebay...

And Alibaba and Etsy and Overstock and on and on.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Perhaps not in the traditional sense, but brick and mortor shops have to add in state taxes while Amazon does not. That is an unfair advantage.

Pass an internet tax....then I will change my mind....maybe.

I dont begrudge rich peeps for one second. I marvel at the empires they have built. But at some point the needs of society need addressed. Peeps gotta be employed or else you get a Russian Revolution. That is not to say we need to Robin Hood the place....the little peeps just need a fair playing field.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Perhaps not in the traditional sense, but brick and mortor shops have to add in state taxes while Amazon does not.

Not accurate, Amazon collects sales tax in 45 states.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Again...not in the traditional sense...but those 2 have an an accord with phone manufacturers to crush any new operating systems. So it is for all intents and purposes....a monopoly. Apple has monopolized Apple products while Android has monpolized all the other manufacturers.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Again...not in the traditional sense...but those 2 have an an accord with phone manufacturers to crush any new operating systems. So it is for all intents and purposes....a monopoly.

When you can buy only an Android or iOS system than it's a monopoly, as long as there's more than one it's not a monopoly. Your personal definition of the word is irrelevant.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
But not from 3rd party sellers.

www.cnbc.com...

Sorry for the source. Lol

reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

But not from 3rd party sellers.

Because when you buy from a 3rd party you are expected to remit the taxes yourself.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Its not my opinion. There is a clear barrier to entry in the market of operating systems.

Sorry if this is going off piste OP.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Its not my opinion.

Yeah, it is, a monopoly by definition is 'one'.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I didnt notice a tax on the kite I just bought.
Should I send Colorado some money?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I explained that above. Anyway....i will stop as this is turning into dualling monologues.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

You're supposed to.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I explained that above. Anyway....i will stop as this is turning into dualling monologues.

Your explanation is your personal view. If Android and iOS operating systems are a monopoly where is the anti-trust suit?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

You're fighting a losing battle. People just want a mob mentality.

"Look! He's got money! Get him!"

It's no different than a riot burning down their own neighborhood. Amazon has been a blessing in many ways... lower prices, competition for the brick-and-mortar stores, making more merchandise available to more people... but none of that matters.

These people won't be satisfied until the whole country is so poor they become the next target, because they will become the rich when there's no one left richer than them. Pretty soon just having access to the Internet will be a mark of "rich." And all the while, the truly "rich" will still have their money, just somewhere else besides America. There is no more American dream because anyone trying to achieve it, anyone trying to become successful, gets this mob mentality against them. Achieving is evil; success is evil; ambition will soon be evil.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
You're fighting a losing battle. People just want a mob mentality.

It's some sort of self-loathing crab basket mentality.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: Guyfriday
a reply to: notsure1

He still isn't as rich and powerful as Dale Carenage, but that doesn't really matter. What's important here is why does this bother you? The way I see it, he had a good idea and went with it. It just shows people that in America anyone can do whatever their dreams let them.

becaue he is killing small businesses. and the big one for me is he doesnt pay his employees a living wage while making 5 grand a second..

Not to be a party pooper but Amazons employees on average make about 20% more than most people in their respective states.

So you can poopoo the guy all you want but, he pays his people well, hell "At Home" reps here make 15.00 an hour or more.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
This is pathetic

This economy is totally broken and people go on all day defending it blindly to adhere to a narrative without realizing the consequences of it

We need to bankrupt more college students and seniors so 8 assholes can be on top of the world

You can whine all you want but this is the way of things, im in my 60s ive seen a lot of change in the world, but even I know that as fast as tech is coming this is an inevitability.

People are going to lose their jobs, mom and pop stores are going to dwindle, within 10-20 years MOST people wont have the jobs they have because it will have moved online, or automation has taken over their position.

It is what it is.

Dont blame the people, blame the march of technology

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

You dunno how taxes work so youre mad?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

We need to bankrupt more college students and seniors so 8 assholes can be on top of the world

Wow - So Bezos magically forces students to take out student loans.

Borrowing for your education was around before Amazon.

See how stupid this discussion has become.

Was the previous student generation blaming Bill Gates and Microsoft for their indebtedness.

Is this what you learn for your education dollar?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: toysforadults

Wow - So Bezos magically forces students to take out student loans.

Borrowing for your education was around before Amazon.

See how stupid this discussion has become.

Was the previous student generation blaming Bill Gates and Microsoft for their indebtedness.

Is this what you learn for your education dollar?

Worse , students today dont learn anything but how to protest it seems.

When I had my business, back in around 2005 I started trying to bring in more new blood, the college students I brought in off applications had almost zero knowledge in their respective degrees, compared to people who had been in those positions even just a year.

And this is just basic stuff, that pertained to their chosen degree field.

I Scrapped the Idea and started hiring from experience instead of college paper
edit on 13-8-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join