It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inner-City Pastors Praise President Trump as The Most PRO-Black President...EVER!.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

It is when he is intentionally being disingenuous about the situation that we are discussing.

Depending on the world view, that is all of us.
News by definition is not the norm. That's why its news.
We live in a world where there is news. But not in a world where there are facts.
Lets press for facts.
Everyone can we call for facts?

Yes you can always press for them, but if their hate or disingenousness is that high, youre not going to get them, youll get deflected, or ignored.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

It is when he is intentionally being disingenuous about the situation that we are discussing.

We live in a world where there is news. But not in a world where there are facts.
Lets press for facts.

Yes you can always press for them, but if their hate or disingenousness is that high, youre not going to get them, youll get deflected, or ignored.

Agreed. But your own animosity dosn't need to carry on to neutral posters. Unless your objective is to shame a poster out side of using their first amendment right.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

Lets press for facts.

Agreed. But your own animosity dosn't need to carry on to neutral posters. Unless your objective is to shame a poster out side of using their first amendment right.

Theres a large difference between shaming someone and asserting facts when the other person has none nor is presenting them.

Also if they are being intentionally bigoted and hateful, they should be shamed, I have no tolerance for it, nor should anyone else.

If they are going to spout hate like that, then they have no room to be upset by the reaction...

would you be upset for someone shaming a racist, a KKK member or an Anti-semite if they were spouting hate and false accusations? or would you still say "now now, they dont deserve to be shamed for their beliefs"

Unless your objective is to shame a poster out side of using their first amendment right.

Your 1st amendment right doesnt make you immune to the repercussions, you have the right to say what you want, you dont have a right to be free of the consequences of those also exercising that right to tell you youre a bigotted jerk.

Nothing in the constitution says you have a right not to be offended.

Womp womp
edit on 2-8-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: highvein

In inner city communities it is the church that leads them.

Really? A lot of inner city gang members are spending their days in church, uh?

If they run the streets at night, they gotta do something during the day right?

They have Mammas and Grandmas who probably expect them to be there. Its not as uncommon as you'd think.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Dude that's some serious fking hatefulness right there man

I have a serious aversion to Mike Pence's, and other cabinet member like Betsy DeVos and Ben Carson, authoritarian dominionistic brand of Christianity.

Sounds like you were raised by a religious grandmother.

Sorry, dated someone who acted similarly in her younger days. Funny thing is that she goes to church now.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Well I think America needs a new anthem

I believe quite an apt fit.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

"This is probably the most pro-active administration regarding urban America and the faith-based community in my lifetime,"

The participants, from your source:

Outside Leadership included: Bishop Dale Bonner; Bishop Kelvin Cobaris, Impact Church; Senior Pastor “Choco” Wilfredo De Jesus, New Life Covenant; Pastor Michael E. Freeman, Spirit of Faith; Dr. Phillip Goudeaux, Calvary Christian Center; Senior Pastor John Gray, Relentless Church; Pastor Richard Hayes, Our Relentless Church; Bishop Darrell Lynn Hines, Christian Faith Fellowship Church of God in Christ; Senior Pastor Harry, Jackson Hope Christian Church; Dr. Alveda King, Alveda King Ministries; Pastor Julian Demond Lowe, Oasis Church; Dr. Van Moody, The Worship Center; President Willie G. Owens, Coalition of African American Pastors; Senior Pastor Benny Perez, The Church LV; Pastor Jon Ponders; Pastor Darrell Scott, New Spirit Revival Center; Bishop Kyle Searcy, Fresh Anointing House of Worship; Senior Pastor Paula White-Cain, New Destiny Christian Center; Marvin Winans Jr.

So, the Trump administration caters to Christians more than any other administration! Who would've thought! LOL

In inner city communities it is the church that leads them. So it makes sense that they talk to the church leaders.

Perhaps those Christian churches in the inner cities might remove their sprinkler systems that stop homeless people sleeping outside the church...

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   
On a side note, I see the forgiving and loving Christian spirit is alive and well in this thread. Reading through the posts and seeing the onslaught of loving and forgiving dialog was interesting to say the least, perhaps some of you should reflect a little and maybe practice what you preach.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ChristianParr

I was more shocked the American citizens would vote for someone named Hussein Obama after Osama just attacked their country...

Voting for someone who tell the citizens they are for Americans first. Seems normal

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
On a side note, I see the forgiving and loving Christian spirit is alive and well in this thread. Reading through the posts and seeing the onslaught of loving and forgiving dialog was interesting to say the least, perhaps some of you should reflect a little and maybe practice what you preach.

I am not a Christian. Now what?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I don't know it's virgin territory, your move..

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

"This is probably the most pro-active administration regarding urban America and the faith-based community in my lifetime,"

The participants, from your source:

Outside Leadership included: Bishop Dale Bonner; Bishop Kelvin Cobaris, Impact Church; Senior Pastor “Choco” Wilfredo De Jesus, New Life Covenant; Pastor Michael E. Freeman, Spirit of Faith; Dr. Phillip Goudeaux, Calvary Christian Center; Senior Pastor John Gray, Relentless Church; Pastor Richard Hayes, Our Relentless Church; Bishop Darrell Lynn Hines, Christian Faith Fellowship Church of God in Christ; Senior Pastor Harry, Jackson Hope Christian Church; Dr. Alveda King, Alveda King Ministries; Pastor Julian Demond Lowe, Oasis Church; Dr. Van Moody, The Worship Center; President Willie G. Owens, Coalition of African American Pastors; Senior Pastor Benny Perez, The Church LV; Pastor Jon Ponders; Pastor Darrell Scott, New Spirit Revival Center; Bishop Kyle Searcy, Fresh Anointing House of Worship; Senior Pastor Paula White-Cain, New Destiny Christian Center; Marvin Winans Jr.

So, the Trump administration caters to Christians more than any other administration! Who would've thought! LOL

Considering the persecution of Christians in the US and worse elsewhere, I applaud the move 100%. Those who walked away from God are not going to like much of anything that isn't theirs like other peoples opinions. Those who come here to destroy our society wish to destroy the belief in God himself.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   

a reply to: YouSir

I've done plenty of community service, and not court ordered community service either. I've invested more time and effort into my perspective communities than almost anyone I know.

I would say your seem unlikely to be kind to people. What do you do for people? I am open to considering you do have a heart.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Bowing down to Allah is a ritual that Muslims do to remind them of their continued professed allegence and faith. As long as they aren't forcing inner city families and prison inmate to participate, I don't have a problem with their rituals. I don't have a problem with Christians of faith and their rituals either, until they usurp neighborhood funds and facilities to promote their conversion agenda.

They stone you if you don't bow down is the ritual in a lot of Muslim provinces over the Earth don't pretend otherwise. The Hebrews stoned you for sins, that is where Islam got it. Jesus said let God decide and not a man or woman.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated

Christian values also started and led the abolition movement... just saying.

Just saying, slavery is condoned in the Bible. Abolition wasn't a Christian value, it was an humanity value. Sometimes even the religious fight against religious dogma for religious reform

Considering all peoples were slaves at one point, God had his reasons for it. Creating humble servants to his fellow man by even one human is one of them. Wanting to do the right thing in the face of evil is another.

Christ taught the least shall inherit the most in Heaven. That is why even this "Black Pope" will show his care for his fellow man and wash the feet of the poor each year. Humble servants do things that would belittle another. Slaves were to be good slaves and masters kind to their slaves.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Bowing down to Allah is a ritual that Muslims do to remind them of their continued professed allegence and faith. As long as they aren't forcing inner city families and prison inmate to participate, I don't have a problem with their rituals. I don't have a problem with Christians of faith and their rituals either, until they usurp neighborhood funds and facilities to promote their conversion agenda.

They stone you if you don't bow down is the ritual in a lot of Muslim provinces over the Earth don't pretend otherwise. The Hebrews stoned you for sins, that is where Islam got it. Jesus said let God decide and not a man or woman.

You don't get to take the moral high ground.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

a reply to: highvein

In inner city communities it is the church that leads them.

Really? A lot of inner city gang members are spending their days in church, uh?

If they run the streets at night, they gotta do something during the day right?

They have Mammas and Grandmas who probably expect them to be there. Its not as uncommon as you'd think.

Not many of them ARE honoring their grandparents and parents right now. No matter the denomination it is going on and even in the Black Church's I attend as a vocalist each month (away from the choir i sing in normally). Mostly the Church for all people in America is losing ground. It is the children who grow up and choose to live life different than the teachings, and it is breaking their hearts. White, Black multiracial churches are all struggling with the youth not wanting to hear the good news of a heaven with no pain or fear because it comes with having to do the right thing in this life on the faith heaven is real.

Hopefully all of them wake up to the idea of love thy neighbor and want to feed the knowledge to do so.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Justoneman

You don't get to take the moral high ground.

Sure I do. I live here. Why wouldn't I tell the facts like they are? I am human and fail and human and love. Sorry if you don't see things the way you should. I am offering a window into a new way of thinking for you.

edit on 2-8-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Your a team player, that can be good but becomes destructive when you view your team as morally superior . I just want to point out your team is not better than the others, it's of equal stature.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DreamerOracle
Well I think America needs a new anthem

I believe quite an apt fit.

Ummm...now that was funny...I mean...reeeeeally...funny...

However...Methinks you've got the wrong crowd to hang that funny on...

That my friend...is the anthem for the world...especially apt when others try to mock from some imagined elevation...

You see...imagined elevation always turns out to be examinations from the wrong end of the telescope...more kaleidoscopic...than magnificatory...(yes...I know...YouSir's making up words again)...

Merely observing...from on high...

YouSir
edit on 2-8-2018 by YouSir because: too many that's in the vat...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join