It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inner-City Pastors Praise President Trump as The Most PRO-Black President...EVER!.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

There were only Christian pastors and bishops at that meeting, which was meant to address inner city crime and for profit prison reform. There has been a theme to the replies to that observation, that basically asserts there is no one else qualified but Christians to address these problems. But, that's not true, there should have been school officials and teachers, major employers, doctors and law enforcement as well as community organizers and city council members, mayors, ex-cons, etc., and yes, Muslims, Jews, you name it, also invited to participate.
edit on 2-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

In a lot of major cities it is the pastors who act as mediators between gang members to try to keep the peace. Not all gangsters are going to be interested in talking it out but these pastors do try and approach both sides to sit down when word gets to them of trouble. It is their very position as community leaders and respected community members as well as religious figures that puts them in a position to even approach the gangs...if you or I tried we would be met with violence 9:10 times.

But...hurr durr.. Trump bad...because...reasons.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

That's fine. I'm not saying Christian pastors and their churches should be excluded from community anti-crime and prison reform projects. I'm saying Trump's administration favors Christian churches to the exclusion of everyone else.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

They wouldn't be there if there wasn't funding to support the projects being proposed. That funding should be offered to ALL groups, not just Christians who want to insert their church authority into the criminal justice system.

You say ALL groups can you name some that were missing or you feel are not being represented?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

There were only Christian pastors and bishops at that meeting, which was meant to address inner city crime and for profit prison reform. There has been a theme to the replies to that observation, that basically asserts there is no one else qualified but Christians to address these problems. But, that's not true, there should have been school officials and teachers, major employers, doctors and law enforcement as well as community organizers and city council members, mayors, ex-cons, etc., and yes, Muslims, Jews, you name it, also invited to participate.

These are inner city churches that cater to a large number of inter city people, that bring their own unique perspective.

So once again you want a mass gaggle... not very productive.

So lets say in a month he invites only teachers or ex-con, cops, Muslims etc is all that bad?

You want to make this seems as a bad thing when any of it can be a good thing if it helps in anyway.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

a reply to: highvein

In inner city communities it is the church that leads them.

Really? A lot of inner city gang members are spending their days in church, uh?

Is your opinion of someone from the inner city that they are all gang members? Sure sounds that way from your comments. That is kinda ignorant and racist, btw.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

So lets say in a month he invites only teachers or ex-con, cops, Muslims etc is all that bad?

Is that he's doing? Because, if he was, and he was sincerely reaching out to all kinds of groups with perspectives on inner city crime and for profit prison reform, offering funding for their projects too, I would be okay with that. But all I'm really seeing is catering to Christian churches, albeit in this case it's black Christian churches, for a photo op and a chance to get the black community to praise him for being the bestest president ever to black people!

Remember when the Trump adminstration cut funding to anti-white supremecists and anti-domestic terrorism groups, run by ex white suprememcist gang members?

news.wbhm.org...
thehill.com...

edit on 2-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

a reply to: highvein

In inner city communities it is the church that leads them.

Really? A lot of inner city gang members are spending their days in church, uh?

Is your opinion of someone from the inner city that they are all gang members? Sure sounds that way from your comments. That is kinda ignorant and racist, btw.

No. My opinion is that most of the crime and prison population within inner cities comes from gang members. The meeting wasn't meant to address all inner city people, it was meant to address inner city crime and for profit prison reform.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Jesse Jackson Praises Trump in 1999 for LIFETIME of helping African American Community

Trump has done so much more to help African Americans in this country than any of these fake politicians and pundits ever did. Nobody called Trump a racist until he ran against a Democrat.

edit on 2-8-2018 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Nobody called Trump a racist until he ran against a Democrat.

Not true.
Decades-Old Housing Discrimination Case Plagues Donald Trump www.npr.org...

It's history.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Anything to back that up other than your opinion? I mean did some other do good community reach out and say "hey we would like to have a sit down about xyz" or do you actually know his admin didn't reach out to other groups? I bet for all you know they could have meetings on the books and you just never ever even looked...just opened your mouth and out fell your I hate trump and anything he is involved in regardless of its merits.

Now don't get me wrong I think you should be able to form and discuss whatever opinions you want...but don't act as if its anything other than your opinion...without anything but your words to back it with any authority.
edit on 2-8-2018 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

You should read the articles you post. Over 40 years ago Trump's fathers company was pulled into a federal lawsuit with many other companies across the country, which was thrown out with no admission of guilt. It's amazing how far you have to reach to label someone a racist.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Uh oh!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Another funny tidbit. They did not deny them an apartment they were just shown apartments in building with the same ethnic background. If you have ever been to NY you would know that it it like that there and in the past it was much more defined. Little Italy. Harlem. Lower East Side. Before Starbucks moved in they were all populated by certain ethnic groups and you would not want to be white in Washington Heights after dark.

2020's election is going to be a landslide for Trump with the non-white vote. Watch....

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Is that he's doing? Because, if he was, and he was sincerely reaching out to all kinds of groups with perspectives on inner city crime and for profit prison reform, offering funding for their projects too, I would be okay with that. But all I'm really seeing is catering to Christian churches, albeit in this case it's black Christian churches, for a photo op and a chance to get the black community to praise him for being the bestest president ever to black people!

Remember when the Trump adminstration cut funding to anti-white supremecists and anti-domestic terrorism groups, run by ex white suprememcist gang members?

news.wbhm.org...
thehill.com...

Geeez, I wonder how it is that you are confused about this. He wants to help people in the inner city, therefore he talks with people from those communities. Where do people from these communities gather en mass? Hmmmm, should I give you a hint?

I really don't know what the heck your problem is except that you are doing a whole lot of mental gymnastics to make a good thing into something bad.

I think your TDS is showing.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Anything to back that up other than your opinion?

From the OP's linked article.

Earlier today President Trump hosted a roundtable discussion with several inner city pastors and faith-based leaders to discuss the Administrations’ efforts on prison reform and other policy initiatives to improve inner cities

Not my opinion, fact.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Donald Trump was president of his father's company back then. Donald Trump has a history of being labeled a racist. It didn't start when he ran against a Democrat in 2016, or when a black Democrat was elected president. His racist history goes back 40 years.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Attaching yourself to someone who is successful is just plain smart. Especially if that someone is the president of the United States of America.
edit on 8/2/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

link   

Anything to back that up other than your opinion?

From the OP's linked article.

Earlier today President Trump hosted a roundtable discussion with several inner city pastors and faith-based leaders to discuss the Administrations’ efforts on prison reform and other policy initiatives to improve inner cities

Not my opinion, fact.

So pastors and FAITH BASED leaders..... Lol so it could have been from many dif faith backgrounds

But because you hate Christians and Trump you've ranted for 10 pages now like a mad man, w nothing to backup any of your claims

That's some serious hate dude.... Should probably see someone about it

link   
What I find absolutely fascinating about this whole thing, is it takes one person to derail an entire thread. Just one person...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join