It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inner-City Pastors Praise President Trump as The Most PRO-Black President...EVER!.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: CynConcepts

You are absolutely right.

Religion is a crutch, and inner city families don't need more crutches. They need jobs that provide dignity, quality education and stimulating extracurricular activities.

I am an Atheist and I find you offensive. I don't just right out hate everything church related, by doing that you single handedly lower Atheism. It isn't about hating believers. It is based on your personal feelings [being absolutely fine with no god in your life] and maybe giving the odd adjustment if a believer tries to 'suck you in'. It isn't about hating.

The VAST majority of inner city blacks are christians, so the most logical place to start change is the churches. It makes a lot of sense to me. You seem to be consumed by your hatred for christians and Trump and it clouds your mind.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I can't believe the criticism laid on our president for the helping-hand outreach to people in need. After all, look at all he's done for the people in places like Flint MI!
Get a life people

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Justoneman

Your a team player, that can be good but becomes destructive when you view your team as morally superior . I just want to point out your team is not better than the others, it's of equal stature.

I am calling TOTAL BS on that statement.

You are CLUELESS.

I don't give up but I am what I am and not what at all what you think.

I have been Neutral. It is the Communist/Marxist/DNC that has pushed ME away. I feel we should treat everyone fair and that their are many reasons for the old Oligarchs of Europe and Asia to take us out. Main one is because they can't tell free people what to do. You are a tool if you keep down that path.

Do you wish to continue to by a major tool for those haters on the left of 90% of America? You sure are doing this now.

I call balls and strikes and you are striking out as I observe.
edit on 2-8-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Your a team player, that can be good but becomes destructive when you view your team as morally superior . I just want to point out your team is not better than the others, it's of equal stature.

You are CLUELESS.

I have been Neutral the Communist/Marxist/DNC has pushed me away. I feel we should treat everyone fair and that their are many reasons for the old Oligarchs of Europe and Asia to take us out, but because they can't tell free people what to do. You are a tool if you keep down that path.

Do you wish to continue to by a major tool for those haters on the left of 90% of America? You sure are doing this now.

So you don't agree, you think your team is better so therefor superior.. Good luck with that..

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
I can't believe the criticism laid on our president for the helping-hand outreach to people in need. After all, look at all he's done for the people in places like Flint MI!
Get a life people

Another swing and a miss Marxist style:
Obama's EPA did that, you don't care that it was his EPA do you? I should know how heavy handed they were to mom and pop places while allowing LEAD in the kids drinking water.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

You are CLUELESS.

I have been Neutral the Communist/Marxist/DNC has pushed me away. I feel we should treat everyone fair and that their are many reasons for the old Oligarchs of Europe and Asia to take us out, but because they can't tell free people what to do. You are a tool if you keep down that path.

So you don't agree, you think your team is better so therefor superior.. Good luck with that..

The love your neighbor team is a winner for your neighbors that I live near by. Still tooling is your choice. I will take the high road. I know how doing the right thing for people truly hurts your feelings, now it seems.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

What in your opinion is doing the right thing by other people, and if you're so morally superior why the petty insults ?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Another swing and a miss Marxist style:
Obama's EPA did that, you don't care that it was his EPA do you? I should know how heavy handed they were to mom and pop places while allowing LEAD in the kids drinking water.

Obama's EPA fixed the water in Flint?? Fantastic!! I didn't know that. Thanks for the info

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

Newsflash, they are doing more about it than you are.

This isn't about me. It's about the Trump administration catering to Christians.
Newsflash: Most presidents have met with various faith based coalitions.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

WOW..You can't stop citing those Fake News Propaganda sites for your OPs. You are like a machine.

For effs sake even Shep Smith at Fox has called the Conservative TreeHouse a fake News Outlet.

And this Pastor is the same one Trump "retained" for his campaign in 2016.

Daryl Scott is not new.

Scott met Donald Trump in 2011 after being invited to Trump Tower, when Trump was considering a run for president.
en.wikipedia.org...

Cleveland Heights pastor Darrell Scott connects Donald Trump with other black ministers
www.cleveland.com...

In 2016, Scott and Donald Trump's personal attorney and campaign spokesperson Michael D. Cohen co-founded National Diversity Coalition for Trump, that began operations in April, 2016
en.wikipedia.org...

The Pastor works for Trump.

edit on 2-8-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

I don't understand... the links you provided would seem to confirm this is an ongoing project or interest of Trump and the pastors.

What's fake? Why is this a bad thing? What am I missing?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated

How's that black church bedrock working in Chicago? Detroit? Ferguson? etc.

I will be the first one to call black churches monuments of failure within the black community. I have very little love for black pastors as a not so insignificant number of them are nothing but glorified pimps and hustlers. However, this is entirely a different topic of debate.

It also doesn't change the historical and present role that the black church has served in the community. Whether I agree or not, the black church is a major influencer and the vast majority of black folks think of themselves as Christians.

Again, if you are going to do anything within the black community, it is going to involve the church and black pastors. There is no way around this fact.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I don't understand... the links you provided would seem to confirm this is an ongoing project or interest of Trump and the pastors.

The Links show that the Pastor is employed via Michael Cohen and Trump and an org they have set up. You can call it a "project", I call it a campaign propaganda LLC likely similar to Trumps currently defunct charity that is being investigated.

The article presented Pastor Scott as simply a Black Pastor speaking out on behalf of Trump, while not explaining he works for the Trump Campaign, has introduced Trump at rallies, works for a Cohen/Trump official org and has worked with Trump for 17 years.

He has been a mouthpiece for Trump for years.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

The Links show that the Pastor is employed via Michael Cohen and Trump and an org they have set up. You can call it a "project", I call it a campaign propaganda LLC likely similar to Trumps currently defunct charity that is being investigated.

The article presented Pastor Scott as simply a Black Pastor speaking out on behalf of Trump, while not explaining he works for the Trump Campaign, has introduced Trump at rallies, works for a Cohen/Trump official org and has worked with Trump for 17 years.

Are Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and other black pastors mouth pieces of the Democrat party?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
As you can see from the responses, this terrifies the left. If they lose their iron grip on the black vote, they're screwed.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Okay... so Trump has longstanding working and/or personal relationships with one or more of these pastors. And if they are folks who are seemingly diametrically opposed in their ideologies and philosophies, but are making that extra effort to find common ground and solutions, that's awesome. That's how folks get things done. Why is that a bad thing?

Not to be presumptuous or rude, but is that all it takes to make them all "bad" in your eyes? Just because "Trump"?

I'm seriously asking because I don't see the problem. There are many such working/personal relationships on both sides. If these guys are on the same page and working together to make the world a better place -- especially the inner cities -- then I say more power to them. If they've been working together for a while, so much the better.

So, again, what am I missing? What exactly about the nature of their relationship/efforts is bad?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Just because "Trump"?

That's one side of it and it gets old. The other is the "Trump is bestest" and that gets old as well. If he can help the inner cities I'm all for that. Go to town. It's needed. But most pro black ever? Hardly.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Are Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and other black pastors mouth pieces of the Democrat party?

Probably, but they are not employed directly via an org created by Pres. Obama's personal Attorney to propagandize on a candidates behalf.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Okay... so Trump has longstanding working and/or personal relationships with one or more of these pastors.

"Relationship" as in Cohen and Trump set up a legal entity that this guy is part of and they have been working together on Trump's campaign since before he announced. they go as far back as 2011 when Trump first thought about running and needed a liaison to make him appear less racist.

And if they are folks who are seemingly diametrically opposed in their ideologies and philosophies, but are making that extra effort to find common ground and solutions, that's awesome. That's how folks get things done. Why is that a bad thing?

It is the false inference that he is somehow an objective black pastor recognizing Trump's contribution to the minority community, when in fact he was a member of the Trump Transition Team, spoke at the RNC convention and is the Co-Founder (along with currently indicted trump Attorney Cohen) of a Trump Campaign group.

Not to be presumptuous or rude, but is that all it takes to make them all "bad" in your eyes? Just because "Trump"?

I don't think he is either bad or good.
I think he is a committed mouthpiece for the Trump Campaign with vested interests and has been so for years.
I think it is dishonest for an article and OP to pretend otherwise.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Probably, but they are not employed directly via an org created by Pres. Obama's personal Attorney to propagandize on a candidates behalf.

They've been at the hustle longer than Obama, so no need for him to create an organization when they already have Rainbow Push and National Action Network which while maybe not directly compensated by the Democrat party, you can be sure is done so in kind indirectly.

I'm not a huge fan of Darrell Scott or Mark Burns. They both seem like bojangling hustlers. Mark Burns was exposed for lying about his background (claimed he was a Kappa when he wasn't), etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join