It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inner-City Pastors Praise President Trump as The Most PRO-Black President...EVER!.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I never said that I wasn't expressing my opinion, passionately. I thought you were challenging the facts, when you asked me to back up my claim. My opinions is a valuable as anyone else's, no more no less.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

No, you're confused. We're not addressing "life in inner cities" here, we're addressing inner city crime and prison reform, specifically. I would contend that most of the inner city crime stems from gangs, and that most of the prison population hailing from inner cities are from gangs. Not that all inner city residents are gang members. Okay?

edit on 2-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Just out of curiosity what's your religion

Not that it's any of your business, but......I believe that Jesus, if he existed, is dead, and that "Christ" is risen. (The King is dead, Long live the King!) I believe in reincarnation.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I found a transcript for the meeting: President Trump Meeting with Urban Pastors

We fought very hard to include "Opportunity Zones" in our tax bill, which, as you know, we have. This tax incentive will bring badly needed investment into distressed communities - communities with high unemployment, communities where it's really tough, and tough to get a job. And already, we're seeing what's happening. We're seeing the benefits.

And I have to tell you, the people that are hiring prisoners - and you've heard me say it - they're loving them. And I don't mean in every case. But in a big percentage of cases, they're loving them. And these are people that are doing, really, an incredible job.

But a lot of people didn't want to do it; they didn't want to hire prisoners. They're doing it. I have one man, a friend of mine, he's now up to number 10. And I don't say he loved all 10, but he liked 7 of them a lot. (Laughter.) In fact, said six of them are better than anybody else he has. I don't think that's a bad percentage. Right? (Laughter.) And he's a fan. And a lot of people are becoming fans.

This is a quote from Pastor Ponder:

So we just thank you for the direction that the country is going in, and specifically as our partnerships with law enforcement are beginning to grow. Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department has given us over 60 men and women from the police department that are serving as mentors and trainers for people coming home from the prison system. And I think that is a direct result of the direction that our country is going in.

There is much more at the link of course!

There is also a transcript for the White House Summit on Prison Reform held in May: President Trump's Remarks on Prison Reform. (This would be the one that rapper Meek Mill was talked out of attending by Jay Z... Meek Mill backs out of prison-reform panel over Donald Trump meeting

And more from a January meeting on prison reform: Remarks by President Trump in a Meeting on Prison Reform

Lots going on there... but much to the chagrin of some: Despite Backlash for Working With Trump, Activists Say Prison Reform Can’t Wait

Trump's definitely got his work cut out for him.
edit on 2-8-2018 by Boadicea because: Deleted redundant quote

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Just out of curiosity what's your religion

Not that it's any of your business, but......I believe that Jesus, if he existed, is dead, and that "Christ" is risen. (The King is dead, Long live the King!) I believe in reincarnation.

lol wow is that ever a non answer!
I left this thread yesterday and figured this would die out, wowzer was i wrong.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

They wouldn't be there if there wasn't funding to support the projects being proposed. That funding should be offered to ALL groups, not just Christians who want to insert their church authority into the criminal justice system.

Went you say ALL groups are we talking 10,000s of groups/orgs? What if the president only invited teachers because he want their unique perspective on the problems they face? Do you not see that a massive number of groups would create a gaggle of nothing in the end?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Is that he's doing? Because, if he was, and he was sincerely reaching out to all kinds of groups with perspectives on inner city crime and for profit prison reform, offering funding for their projects too, I would be okay with that. But all I'm really seeing is catering to Christian churches, albeit in this case it's black Christian churches, for a photo op and a chance to get the black community to praise him for being the bestest president ever to black people!

Remember when the Trump adminstration cut funding to anti-white supremecists and anti-domestic terrorism groups, run by ex white suprememcist gang members?

I disagree with you. I think they can be as selective as they want based on who they might see has the biggest positive impact. I'm not religious at all, so I don't care what group or groups they see as the best choice(s) as long as they are successful in some way. ALL is a big number and not ALL groups/orgs are effective.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Konduit

Donald Trump was president of his father's company back then. Donald Trump has a history of being labeled a racist. It didn't start when he ran against a Democrat in 2016, or when a black Democrat was elected president. His racist history goes back 40 years.

Do you think Trump is a racist?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I think that you and your kind are just jealous. You are definitely just trolling now.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered
So what are you.? This is a Christian Nation like it or not. Get over it snowflake. Trump is a better President than the black prince ever was. You are an angry deluded leftist. Funny Obama did everything wrong and is lauded and Trump is doing everything right and you just can't stand it. Even when an African American group says Trump has done more for their cause than Obama you melt down. Your a sorry lot.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ansuzrune
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered
So what are you.? This is a Christian Nation like it or not. Get over it snowflake. Trump is a better President than the black prince ever was. You are an angry deluded leftist. Funny Obama did everything wrong and is lauded and Trump is doing everything right and you just can't stand it. Even when an African American group says Trump has done more for their cause than Obama you melt down. Your a sorry lot.

Lmao...........

Dude was being sarcastic. ..... This ia the second time I've seen a Trump supporter completely lose their sht on this poster...... Y'all make yourselves look like fanatics when u do that...... He's done nothing but defend Trump for 11 pages....

.... You should prob calm down and maybe apologize to him.......

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

a reply to: Konduit

Donald Trump was president of his father's company back then. Donald Trump has a history of being labeled a racist. It didn't start when he ran against a Democrat in 2016, or when a black Democrat was elected president. His racist history goes back 40 years.

Do you think Trump is a racist?

I think he tries hard not to be. He has a lot of black friends, right?

I disagree with you. I think they can be as selective as they want based on who they might see has the biggest positive impact.

I respect your opinion. In my opinion, faith based minstries are a very limited option.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I think he tries hard not to be. He has a lot of black friends, right?

Well he is a white guy so must be at some level, right? Most likely hates the poor too since he is rich...

Is it me or have we as a society quickly come to the point of using labels that are very damaging and extreme as some little comment now?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Lets press for facts.

Facts about what? Whether or not inner city churches are a staple of the community? That is a fact. Is it a good idea that Trump talks to the church leaders? Yes. That is also a fact.

Now we have facts. Now what? That is where being disingenuous about the situation strays from the genial path, because then it just enters into the realm of TDS.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: highvein

a reply to: carewemust

"This is probably the most pro-active administration regarding urban America and the faith-based community in my lifetime,"

The participants, from your source:

Outside Leadership included: Bishop Dale Bonner; Bishop Kelvin Cobaris, Impact Church; Senior Pastor “Choco” Wilfredo De Jesus, New Life Covenant; Pastor Michael E. Freeman, Spirit of Faith; Dr. Phillip Goudeaux, Calvary Christian Center; Senior Pastor John Gray, Relentless Church; Pastor Richard Hayes, Our Relentless Church; Bishop Darrell Lynn Hines, Christian Faith Fellowship Church of God in Christ; Senior Pastor Harry, Jackson Hope Christian Church; Dr. Alveda King, Alveda King Ministries; Pastor Julian Demond Lowe, Oasis Church; Dr. Van Moody, The Worship Center; President Willie G. Owens, Coalition of African American Pastors; Senior Pastor Benny Perez, The Church LV; Pastor Jon Ponders; Pastor Darrell Scott, New Spirit Revival Center; Bishop Kyle Searcy, Fresh Anointing House of Worship; Senior Pastor Paula White-Cain, New Destiny Christian Center; Marvin Winans Jr.

So, the Trump administration caters to Christians more than any other administration! Who would've thought! LOL

In inner city communities it is the church that leads them. So it makes sense that they talk to the church leaders.

Perhaps those Christian churches in the inner cities might remove their sprinkler systems that stop homeless people sleeping outside the church...

And maybe the democratic leaders of that community should ensure safe places for the homeless to sleep. See what I did there. I have my own qualms with the church and some of the church leaders, but they do more good for the community than the government ever has.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

"This is probably the most pro-active administration regarding urban America and the faith-based community in my lifetime,"

The participants, from your source:

Outside Leadership included: Bishop Dale Bonner; Bishop Kelvin Cobaris, Impact Church; Senior Pastor “Choco” Wilfredo De Jesus, New Life Covenant; Pastor Michael E. Freeman, Spirit of Faith; Dr. Phillip Goudeaux, Calvary Christian Center; Senior Pastor John Gray, Relentless Church; Pastor Richard Hayes, Our Relentless Church; Bishop Darrell Lynn Hines, Christian Faith Fellowship Church of God in Christ; Senior Pastor Harry, Jackson Hope Christian Church; Dr. Alveda King, Alveda King Ministries; Pastor Julian Demond Lowe, Oasis Church; Dr. Van Moody, The Worship Center; President Willie G. Owens, Coalition of African American Pastors; Senior Pastor Benny Perez, The Church LV; Pastor Jon Ponders; Pastor Darrell Scott, New Spirit Revival Center; Bishop Kyle Searcy, Fresh Anointing House of Worship; Senior Pastor Paula White-Cain, New Destiny Christian Center; Marvin Winans Jr.

So, the Trump administration caters to Christians more than any other administration! Who would've thought! LOL

The majority if African Americans in this country are Christian, most of which live in the inner cities. Do you have a problem with that?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

a reply to: savagediver

Also , you keep saying gangs , gangs like that is all who live in inner cities. If secularism taught families to stay together and

I keep saying gangs because gang members are responsible for and make up a significant number of criminals and incarcerated inmates from inner cities, which is what this panel of Christian pastors was meant to address, crime and for profit prison reform.

If secularism taught families to stay together and not worship gold bling , 200 dollars sneakers , and death rap it might just help as well.

You can't teach morality and Christians don't own the moral high ground. As far as not worshipping gold bling, tell it to Mr Trump and golden toilet! He's a fine example of the government not being able to tell people what or who to worship!

And remember, it was good ole Christian values that separated slave families for hundreds of years, and are currently separating asylum seeking families at the border!

That had nothing to do with being a true Christian. A true Christian can be seen by their fruits. Alot of people then and now hide behind the name and bare bad fruit. You should not lump all Christians as bad becauseof the false christians. Donald Trump did not sell crack or other drugs or rob people at gun point to get his gold toilet seat. That was just a tiny droplet in the sea of his money .

If families would stay together and pray together and open their hearts to Christ a lot of things would change so much for the better. Come back to the Father humbly and their towns and cities will be healed. Jobs would move back to these areas. All it takes is love and respect for themselves and a tight knit circle of family and/ or faithful friends to get the ball rolling,

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Why should the democratic leaders house the homeless, they are not the Christian church . The simple fact that churches have installed sprinkler systems for the sole purpose of warding off homeless is worthy of criticism.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Why should the democratic leaders house the homeless

Because it is under democratic leadership. Isn't that the best leadership to live under, or are you saying that homelessness is not a concern of the democratic party? That is why they should handle it, unless they are incapable of handling that job.

The simple fact that churches have installed sprinkler systems for the sole purpose of warding off homeless is worthy of criticism.

Do you have any homeless people that you let live with you? If not, don't blame, change.

edit on 2-8-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

The majority if African Americans in this country are Christian, most of which live in the inner cities. Do you have a problem with that?

Their Christianity hasn't done anything to thwart inner city crime or prison reform. Being Christian doesn't qualify a person to address inner city crime and prison reform.

edit on 2-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join