It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inner-City Pastors Praise President Trump as The Most PRO-Black President...EVER!.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Blame change, what are you waffling on about?

The church is a business take the rose colored glasses off already.

Since when has government been responsible for people being homeless, are you saying you think government should be?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

a reply to: carewemust

The majority if African Americans in this country are Christian, most of which live in the inner cities. Do you have a problem with that?

Their Christianity hasn't done anything to thwart inner city crime or prison reform. Being Christian doesn't qualify a person to address inner city crime and prison reform.

You know nothing about the African American community or much of anything apparently.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

I know one thing, belief in Jesus doesn't magically thwart inner city crime or reform prison policy, and being a Christian doesn't entitle a person to claim expertise on the topic. I also know that Christians don't own the moral high road.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Blame change, what are you waffling on about?

The church is a business take the rose colored glasses off already.

Since when has government been responsible for people being homeless, are you saying you think government should be?

Hold on a second. Let me get this straight. You think that the church, who you claim are not helping their communities should take care of the homeless? Why would you even what them to when you don't think they will?

And then your next question. When has the government been responsible for the homeless? I am not sure how to address that question to you, because you actually think that.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I understand what you are saying; however, as a denizen of a minority majority neighborhood with a mix of classes I would like to add my insight. Right behind our home is the women's drug rehab housing with a playground that was built by the major league baseball teams' wives association that goes unused. Many homes are owned by older homeowners that spend a lot of time maintaining their property, and many (I'd say 50% of the homes at least) are boarded up.
Yet we have job fairs, the YWCA on MLK serves the entire northwest side, the resources and initiatives are there BUT the culture says and trains their children that the way to go is to get theirs. Government checks, phones, rent -get it! I've been asked if I wanted to participate in a tax scam using kids' SS numbers so one could claim the kid for 6 months and the rotation could net big bucks. The CULTURE must change and the only way to restore respect and accountability is through the message of their faith.
Our local senator called a black bank teller a "house n*****" when she didn't have the funds in her account to cover the $800 check she was trying to cash...and these are t the folks they vote for?
Corruption is most rampant amongst that demographic yet we must stay silent lest we be racist, family dysfunction due to kids being treated and trained as paychecks who needs a thug man on paper to get that section 8, and the mentality that sticking it to the man is of utmost priority is their cultural issue=whatever White people do they need to denigrate and deride (see the "White people and their "shuffles deck" meme, everything from cleanliness to politeness is deemed Anglo supremacy and colonialism.)
Again, let me reiterate that Ive lived amongst people of all colors and classes, rich dinner parties to crack binges, friends from all strata and these are my observations.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I dont think they should turn away the homeless by wetting them with automatic sprinklers, the church could be helping these people if they practiced what they preached, obviously there is only so much they can do but wetting them in the middle of the night shouldn't be one of them.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So it is not that the church is taking care of their lawns, but it is only to drive away the vagrants? That is your speculation on the situation. One could argue that they are giving them free water to shower with.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Who said anything about lawns? The sprinkler systems are set up under the eves of the buildings so the homeless can't hide from bad weather.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

"This is probably the most pro-active administration regarding urban America and the faith-based community in my lifetime,"

The participants, from your source:

Outside Leadership included: Bishop Dale Bonner; Bishop Kelvin Cobaris, Impact Church; Senior Pastor “Choco” Wilfredo De Jesus, New Life Covenant; Pastor Michael E. Freeman, Spirit of Faith; Dr. Phillip Goudeaux, Calvary Christian Center; Senior Pastor John Gray, Relentless Church; Pastor Richard Hayes, Our Relentless Church; Bishop Darrell Lynn Hines, Christian Faith Fellowship Church of God in Christ; Senior Pastor Harry, Jackson Hope Christian Church; Dr. Alveda King, Alveda King Ministries; Pastor Julian Demond Lowe, Oasis Church; Dr. Van Moody, The Worship Center; President Willie G. Owens, Coalition of African American Pastors; Senior Pastor Benny Perez, The Church LV; Pastor Jon Ponders; Pastor Darrell Scott, New Spirit Revival Center; Bishop Kyle Searcy, Fresh Anointing House of Worship; Senior Pastor Paula White-Cain, New Destiny Christian Center; Marvin Winans Jr.

So, the Trump administration caters to Christians more than any other administration! Who would've thought! LOL

RIGHT... lets just completely discount, that THESE "CHRISTIANS" are the front line of helping blacks and Latinos who are struggling with their families in the inner cities of America.

Your remarks, merely underscore what these clergy said to the President... despite the fact that to a person they most likely supported Barack Obama.

But then... your attitude is VERY FAMILIAR to to brown and black folks in the inner city. They are VERY accustomed to being pressed hard and expected to vote for Democrats, every election... and having those Democrats scarce as hens teeth AFTER the election.

In this meeting, Trump said "... I hope you vote for me... but vote for whoever you want..." and then went on to talk about how important it was to really make a difference in these communities.

Just curious... is your disdain for them, because they are Christian... or just because they are helping blacks and Latinos, and doing a lot of the heavy lifting, when no one else will?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Personally im not a Trump supporter. I just cannot allign myself with politics and the "left vs right". However i am observing his actions as well as the lies of the mainstream media. It almost makes me want to root for him when i see all the bullying being done to him and the actions he is doing.

But I still see him as a pied piper for the deep state's/ illuminati's controlled opposition. He may as well do some good things here and there, but I will never forget the apollyon statues he has in Trump tower.

And this is something Christians should be wary about. Not saying to go against him, I am however saying that we should remain vigilant regardless of some good deeds he does.

Jesus christ (Yeshuah) said:

Matthew 19:24
“And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.”

If he is helping people's lives; then i hope he continue this track. But one mistep, and the crowd will turn on him in a heartbeat; especially Christians who know discernment.

Either way good news for the African american community.

S&F
edit on nd2018000000Thursdaynd000000Thu, 02 Aug 2018 22:56:59 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoThu, 02 Aug 2018 22:56:59 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Who said anything about lawns? The sprinkler systems are set up under the eves of the buildings so the homeless can't hide from bad weather.

Could you link a trustworthy source for this claim, so I can investigate it further?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

a reply to: mkultra11

I also know that Christians don't own the moral high road.

The moral high-road is "owned" by no one. The best we can do is to want each other to be relatively happy in life.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Could you link a trustworthy source for this claim, so I can investigate it further?

Im not sure what you consider to be a trustworthy source , if you type churches homeless sprinklers into your browser you will get hundreds of results

www.catholic.org...
edition.cnn.com...
The cnn source has an interview with the pastor admitting it.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

Just curious... is your disdain for them, because they are Christian... or just because they are helping blacks and Latinos, and doing a lot of the heavy lifting, when no one else will?

If you were truly curious, you'd read more of my posts than just the first one, before you asked that question and condemned me.

Again here's this theme that only Christian can and are willing to help. Being a Christian doesn't qualify a person to address inner city crime and prison reform. However, I'm sure that there are plenty of Christian law enforcement officials, teachers, doctors, CEOs that are major employers, mayors and city council members, athletic coaches and ex-cons that are willing to help too, but they weren't invited.

edit on 2-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Im not sure what you consider to be a trustworthy source , if you type churches homeless sprinklers into your browser you will get hundreds of results

www.catholic.org...
edition.cnn.com...
The cnn source has an interview with the pastor admitting it.

The guy in charge of that San Francisco church apologized and said the plan was ill conceived. The needle build up was causing them concern and I would also be concerned about it. If someone was sleeping in my yard doing drugs, I would make them leave also, especially to protect the kids from the needles and feces that are left behind in the doorways. Should they have called the law? Probably, but they had to do something to stop what was happening. It wasn't just harmless homeless people that you would have me believe it was, but addicts that will do anything for their next fix. So sorry. I still disagree with you that they did it because they are evil.

edit on 2-8-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Well firstly they got away with for 2 years and only removed the sprinklers due to public outcry, and secondly if the water was supposed to wash away the needles and feces etc where do you think it was it being washed away to ?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I know one thing, belief in Jesus doesn't magically thwart inner city crime or reform prison policy, and being a Christian doesn't entitle a person to claim expertise on the topic. I also know that Christians don't own the moral high road.

Your assumption is based on just religion, and doesn't take into account everything else that a person might have as skill, education, expertise etc wise. How about leadership within a community...there is so much here and you just focus on Christianity.

You might know a lot of things here but I also know that just the idea of Christianity triggers you. Get over it...

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

where do you think it was it being washed away to?

Away from the doorways, so people could use them.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Right, so they washed away maybe I to 2ft away from the door, more like smeared, (the spray wouldn't remove the feces it would spread it) so people still had to step over it, a bit of a stretch to claim making it clean for people to walk in the door.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Right, so they washed away maybe I to 2ft away from the door, more like smeared, (the spray wouldn't remove the feces it would spread it) so people still had to step over it, a bit of a stretch to claim making it clean for people to walk in the door.

Or to keep away the people who are leaving the needles and feces in the doorways so that one day they will be no needles or feces in there. I don't see anything wrong with that.

It is as if you are trying to convince me that it should be okay for someone to leave feces and needles in the doorways. I wonder if you would feel the same if you woke up every morning and hate to clean up feces, vomit, used drug needles before you could leave your house. Throwing water on them would be one of the most humane ways of stopping it.

Yet here you are. Arguing like you are all for it. lol. Invite them to live with you. See how long you would put up with it.
edit on 3-8-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join