It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inner-City Pastors Praise President Trump as The Most PRO-Black President...EVER!.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

And yet here you are lol still trying to condemn Christians helping their community, you know, living their faith.

No I'm not. I'm condemning the Trump administration's lazy and obvious preference for Christian authority over inner city communities.

This shows you really don't understand the role of the black church within the black community then... the black church has always been the bedrock of the black community. There are literally churches on every corner in black neighborhoods. You can't do anything in the black community without involving the church.

Not saying I agree with it as I am not a religious person, but if you are going to hold a meeting on helping the black community it will mostly involve the black church as that is the point of leadership within the community by in large. It isn't a preference, but common sense if you want to reach influencers to get your message out.

Yes, there are other organizations and a not so insignificant amount of the black community identifies as muslim (or Nation of Islam), but call it 95% of the black community is christian and holds preachers in high regard.
edit on 1-8-2018 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

How's that black church bedrock working in Chicago? Detroit? Ferguson? etc.

edit on 1-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Under Liberal leadership. lol. I would say Dear God man, but I know you would hate that.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Probably is the one thing that is holding some of these poor inner city families together. They sure as hell can't rely on the Democrats who haven't done a damn thing to clean up their city now can they?

Quite a coincidence you keep hating on Christians while failing to address how the Democrats who run these cities have failed with all of the Federal dollars they have gotten to clean up the mess they created?

link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

President Obama received a lot of praise...but it was always for his "concern", or "plans". Never for results... I can't even recall why he received a Nobel Peace Prize. Was it for his ear-to-ear smile?

Because he was black and was elected president, he hadnt even been in office a year I dont think.

Obama did nothing for the inner cities, my wife voted for him (shes black) the first time around and was disgusted with the fact that he did NOTHING with her home town of Chicago, despite the people there begging for his help.

You have touched upon another reason why so many liberals are against President Trump. If Obama was a successful President, they wouldn't be so butt-hurt. But he let them down... and then Trump beat Hillary. There's double anguish being vented. It will not abate anytime soon either. That's why I ignore (or thank) most of the "haters" in these ATS threads. Their core-being is not ready for logic yet. Too much pure hate is still present.

link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Do you work for CNN?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

So, the Trump administration caters to Christians more than any other administration! Who would've thought! LOL

UGH I KNOW RIGHT!

I mean despite the fact that the vast majority of inner city minorities are christians.

And that 90 percent of the organizations focused on helping inner city minorities are in fact faith based, so going through them would be the best point to start.

But hey SCREW FACTS amirite!

HANG THE ORANGE RACIST, BIGOTTED CLOWN!

Was he there to talk about being a Christian or prison reform and improving the community? I lost track and forgot how facts work after reading this post.

Here is a FACT for you: there is nothing Trump could do that you wouldn't find fault in him.

Apparently sarcasm isnt your strong point.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

The Black church can't influence people who don't care about human life.

ADVICE: Please try to use more common sense as you mature towards adulthood. You'll have a more fulfilling life!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Christian values also started and led the abolition movement... just saying.

Just saying, slavery is condoned in the Bible. Abolition wasn't a Christian value, it was an humanity value. Sometimes even the religious fight against religious dogma for religious reform

"Humanity value"? Hah..what the heck is that?

Without an objective moral framework, one that transcends subjective opinion, slavery makes perfect logical sense.

It's the Divine spark inherent within all humans, as image bearers of the invisible God, that is at the foundation of English Common Law and a presupposition in the founding documents of the United States.

Slavery in the Bible, the kind that's condoned, was an economic understanding with rules that governed it implementation.

Abolitionists were, as were the majority of people at the time, Christian. That's a fact. It might make you uncomfortable to know that your entire moral worldview is derivative of a Christian one.

Humanities Value is might makes right.
edit on 1-8-2018 by slowisfast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

So, the Trump administration caters to Christians more than any other administration! Who would've thought! LOL

UGH I KNOW RIGHT!

I mean despite the fact that the vast majority of inner city minorities are christians.

And that 90 percent of the organizations focused on helping inner city minorities are in fact faith based, so going through them would be the best point to start.

But hey SCREW FACTS amirite!

HANG THE ORANGE RACIST, BIGOTTED CLOWN!

Was he there to talk about being a Christian or prison reform and improving the community? I lost track and forgot how facts work after reading this post.

Here is a FACT for you: there is nothing Trump could do that you wouldn't find fault in him.

Apparently sarcasm isnt your strong point.

lol. I got it.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
dupe

edit on 1-8-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: slowisfast

He kind of gets lost on these things because of Trump, so you may have to cut him some slack for his lack of rationalizing......he is a troll.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

It's obviously past their posting time. Be genial.
Having been involved with many Christian churches over the years as a musician, I can agree with the disappointment of one poster on the religion.
However no matter how disappointed I was with the denomination/ preacher; the charity work, and community work I was always impressed with.

This I think might be where the disconnect is. They see a brand, they do not see the humanity.

edit on 2-8-2018 by randomtangentsrme because: Why oh why oh why

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Dude that's some serious fking hatefulness right there man

I have a serious aversion to Mike Pence's, and other cabinet member like Betsy DeVos and Ben Carson, authoritarian dominionistic brand of Christianity.

Tough
We have the freedom to worship as we please in this country.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Dude that's some serious fking hatefulness right there man

I have a serious aversion to Mike Pence's, and other cabinet member like Betsy DeVos and Ben Carson, authoritarian dominionistic brand of Christianity.

Tough
We have the freedom to worship as we please in this country.

Definitely! Those who don't believe that were born in the wrong country at the wrong time. Being a leader in Germany, around 1936, would have been a better place for people with that mindset.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Especially when those single out one particular religion to persecute.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

It is hard to be genial when dealing with a troll, but I see your point.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

It is hard to be genial when dealing with a troll, but I see your point.

Really it's not, unless you feel they have a better argument or are otherwise your better.
It's easy to take the position of authority. But unless you feel you do not have the stronger argument; It is very easy to let your debate opponent's opinions inform others.
edit on 2-8-2018 by randomtangentsrme because: Esses.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   

It is when he is intentionally being disingenuous about the situation that we are discussing.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

It is when he is intentionally being disingenuous about the situation that we are discussing.

Depending on the world view, that is all of us.
News by definition is not the norm. That's why its news.
We live in a world where there is news. But not in a world where there are facts.
Lets press for facts.
Everyone can we call for facts?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join