It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inner-City Pastors Praise President Trump as The Most PRO-Black President...EVER!.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Seems the secular community has failed? Who else in these communities are wanting to talk to Trump and ask for help?

Thank you! Because not only has the secular community failed on the grandest scale, they won't let anyone else (Trump) fix it! There have been coordinated efforts to keep others from meeting with Trump or doing anything proactive with Trump, no matter how noble or beneficial the cause. Like this:

Meek Mill Backs Out Of Trump Event On Prison Reform

TMZ reports that Jay Z had a hand in changing Mill’s mind about attending the event, and called the rapper on Thursday night to say that meeting with the president could hurt Mill’s image and his cause.

Much the same for Kanye and Kim Kardashian and sooooooo many others.
edit on 1-8-2018 by Boadicea because: Added quote from linked article.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: carewemust

As long as he continues to help the citizens of this nation he will win the next election.

What troubles me is not President Trump, but Republicans in general right now. We need to weed out those who were Anti-Trump during the campaign. Ryan, McCain, Flake, Corker, come to mind. And replace a few Democrat SENATORS with Republicans.

Careful trying to silence decent there, thats not the way of the republic. and a dangerous step towards totalitarianism.

Sorry but no. You dont just remove elected officials because you dont agree. Thats Tyranny
edit on 1-8-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

He compared Trump to his predecessor, Barack Obama, the nation's first African-American president, and said: "This president actually wants to prove something to our community, our faith-based community and our ethnic community."

I wonder what jobs these people are given and hold right now. I know some job is better than no job at all, but are they jobs with growth? Skilled trades? STEM?

Right. Any job is better than no job at all. In my insurance sales, I often have to tell people that a high-deductible plan is better than no plan at all. Working brings dignity that welfare doesn't.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Boadicea

I'm sorry, but religion, Christianity being especially favored by this administration, has no place influencing criminal and prison reform public policy. I have no problem with Trump and his administration having a more open forum, allowing all community leaders, not just Christian pastors, to participate in round table discussions, expressing their concerns and proposals, in order to fortify the entire community in general, not just Christian churches.

Trump has tried to talk with others. Trump can't make others do it if they refuse to do so.

Go point your fingers at the ones refusing. Not Trump. And not the pastors.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

How odd is that! It's us so called right wingers wanting these children and families living in these communities to get the help they need and the protection they need to feel safe in their own communities!

You think that help is going to come from Jesus? Jesus hasn't fix anything yet! It takes a whole community, with well equipped quality schools, jobs, adult educational centers and extracurricular activates through community centers, owned by tax payers not churches, to make a community strong.

It's not right for churches to use tax payer money to make their religious towers the only place where inner city kids can go. Especaily so since churches tend to discrimate and alienate those who don't subscibe to their version of Christian life styles and morality. The community at large needs a place free from religious authority, like tax payer owned community centers.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Seems the secular community has failed? Who else in these communities are wanting to talk to Trump and ask for help?

Thank you! Because not only has the secular community failed on the grandest scale, they won't let anyone else (Trump) fix it! There have been coordinated efforts to keep others from meeting with Trump or doing anything proactive with Trump, no matter how noble or beneficial the cause. Like this:

Meek Mill Backs Out Of Trump Event On Prison Reform

TMZ reports that Jay Z had a hand in changing Mill’s mind about attending the event, and called the rapper on Thursday night to say that meeting with the president could hurt Mill’s image and his cause.

Much the same for Kanye and Kim Kardashian and sooooooo many others.

Just look at the amount of black people who posted videos on youtube #walkaway !! The dems have given up on black communities in favor of illegal immigrants. We are witnessing controlled orchestrated chaos on the horizon OR these people being elected are just that DAMNED STUPID?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

August 1, 2018

Earlier Today, President Trump kept another promise. He met with (predominantly) African American pastors to address "inner-city" issues, like prison reform, among other things. Much progress has already been made, but the President will not take his foot off the accelerator until the destination is reached.

Following their roundtable discussion, one prominent pastor remarked:

"This is probably the most pro-active administration regarding urban America and the faith-based community in my lifetime," Scott told the group, adding, "This is probably going be ... the most pro-black president that we've had in our lifetime."

He compared Trump to his predecessor, Barack Obama, the nation's first African-American president, and said: "This president actually wants to prove something to our community, our faith-based community and our ethnic community."

"The last president didn't feel like he had to," he added, saying of Obama: "He got a pass."

Source A: theconservativetreehouse.com...

Source B: www.usnews.com...

Thanks to policies of President Trump, African American employment is at it's highest level EVER... in the history of America. Several new intiatives directed at improving quality-of-life, have been initiated by President Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, including the "First Step Act", which was passed by Congress earlier this year.

It's hard to believe that any sane American who sees how President Trump and his administration are improving this nation, can vote against the progress we're making as a country. But...that's another thread for another day.

-CareWeMust

Off
If the dems lose the inner city vote they are screwed.

The mainstream media and traditional Black leaders have this statistic tucked away in the vault. Blacks neighborhoods voted record Republican in 2016.

www.washingtonpost.com... rm=.1e99e4cf9fb2

Another personal curiosity is why LeBron James hates President Trump's accomplishments for the African American community so much?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

As long as he continues to help the citizens of this nation he will win the next election.

What troubles me is not President Trump, but Republicans in general right now. We need to weed out those who were Anti-Trump during the campaign. Ryan, McCain, Flake, Corker, come to mind. And replace a few Democrat SENATORS with Republicans.

I agree. We have to many that are there for their personal gain and not to help the nation.

link   

The whole argument from the poster seems to work out like this.

"Someone should do something about the poor, the ghettos, and our prison systems and minorities!"

"Look, look at all thats being done thats so great!, oh wait what, its christians doing it! NOT ON MY WATCH!"

So effectively, its only good if someone THEY WANT is doing the work, its VIRTUE SIGNALING, theres no REAL concern from this poster for these people, if there was it wouldnt matter who was doing the work to help them.

Thats the hypocrisy of so many people, and yet us conservatives are consistently the ones being called bigots, hateful, that we dont care, etc etc.

Like I said earlier though, if one thing has been brought to light in the last few years, its where the hate really lies, and I hope they continue to out themselves for who they really are.
edit on 1-8-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

link   

How odd is that! It's us so called right wingers wanting these children and families living in these communities to get the help they need and the protection they need to feel safe in their own communities!

You think that help is going to come from Jesus? Jesus hasn't fix anything yet! It takes a whole community, with well equipped quality schools, jobs, adult educational centers and extracurricular activates through community centers, owned by tax payers not churches, to make a community strong.

It's not right for churches to use tax payer money to make their religious towers the only place where inner city kids can go. Especaily so since churches tend to discrimate and alienate those who don't subscibe to their version of Christian life styles and morality. The community at large needs a place free from religious authority, like tax payer owned community centers.

Did Jesus meet with these pastors?

Why don't you have the courage to just say you hate Christians? Also, how much money has the Federal government tossed at these communities in the past to only see the violence and drugs and educational system get worse? Your answer is to throw more money at the pathetic mess?

Keep digging your hole!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

I'm surprised you let ATS members get under your skin like that. The world will always have anti-Christians...and anti-everything else, for that matter.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

What BS! Trump has cut funding for countless secular project! PBS..under attack. National Endowment for the Arts, slashed. Public school programs like music, arts, dance, science, math...slashed!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Could it be this administration is blatantly catering to Christians?

Could be! Our great country was founded on Christian Values, so...WHY NOT?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I don't know, he talks to Mike Pence, supposedly.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

I'm surprised you let ATS members get under your skin like that. The world will always have anti-Christians...and anti-everything else, for that matter.

Theres a difference between getting under ones skin and putting a giant spotlight on bigotry, and hate.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Just look at the amount of black people who posted videos on youtube #walkaway !!

I did... and it's a wonder to behold. Some of those folks are so thoughtful and reasonable and express themselves so well, I'm sure they're helping others put it all together too and make sense of it.

The dems have given up on black communities in favor of illegal immigrants. We are witnessing controlled orchestrated chaos on the horizon OR these people being elected are just that DAMNED STUPID?

I'm beginning to think it's both. They thought they had created the perfect storm... they're just so damned stupid they never saw it blowing back on them.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

You do hear about some of it everyday here on ats. All you have to do is look.

Whether you believe it or not is up to you.

Do you really believe that trump (or any man for that matter) is perfect and can do no wrong?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Our great country was founded on Christian Values

White male land and slave owner Christian values, that left out women, indigenous people, people of color and poor immigrants...Christian values that insisted on a separation of church and state in the 1st Amendment.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I don't know, he talks to Mike Pence, supposedly.

I don't honestly think Mike Pence is a true Christian to be honest. However, if he is, that and his actions will be settled on his departure from this existence. It isn't for me to say, I won't be his judge on that day?

And what if Mike Pence did talk to his Lord and Savior? Is it any diffent than a Muslim bowing down to Allah? Our country has religious freedom, love it or leave it.

edit on 1-8-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

"This is probably the most pro-active administration regarding urban America and the faith-based community in my lifetime,"

The participants, from your source:

Outside Leadership included: Bishop Dale Bonner; Bishop Kelvin Cobaris, Impact Church; Senior Pastor “Choco” Wilfredo De Jesus, New Life Covenant; Pastor Michael E. Freeman, Spirit of Faith; Dr. Phillip Goudeaux, Calvary Christian Center; Senior Pastor John Gray, Relentless Church; Pastor Richard Hayes, Our Relentless Church; Bishop Darrell Lynn Hines, Christian Faith Fellowship Church of God in Christ; Senior Pastor Harry, Jackson Hope Christian Church; Dr. Alveda King, Alveda King Ministries; Pastor Julian Demond Lowe, Oasis Church; Dr. Van Moody, The Worship Center; President Willie G. Owens, Coalition of African American Pastors; Senior Pastor Benny Perez, The Church LV; Pastor Jon Ponders; Pastor Darrell Scott, New Spirit Revival Center; Bishop Kyle Searcy, Fresh Anointing House of Worship; Senior Pastor Paula White-Cain, New Destiny Christian Center; Marvin Winans Jr.

So, the Trump administration caters to Christians more than any other administration! Who would've thought! LOL

In inner city communities it is the church that leads them. So it makes sense that they talk to the church leaders.

Plus, this is the third meeting that President Trump has had with these Pastors. If I didn't glance at the "Conservative Treehouse" publication every day, I wouldn't have known about this one...or that JARED KUSHNER is the "point man" for these inner-city initiatives.

The White Rich Leeches who own CBS/NBC/CNN/ABC/NYTimes/WaPost...etc never mention good news for inner-city residents. And naturally we can't expect satan-owned HuffPost, Vanity, Slate, to publish Trump accomplishements of this...or any nature.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join