It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 88
<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Oh bloody 'ell, that is rough as #, been close to freezing here but no frost yet, TN is like so inland, I bet it gets freezing for you guys!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: InTheLight
Haha plenty of love here in the banter cafe!
Tunes are good though, you haven't posted or suggested one for the jukebox yet?
Sure Canada has some amazing gems I've never heard of before.

Maybe not as good as love shack, but what is love? Still looking for a song.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
OMG take me back to the 90's haha love it, nice one posting it, takes me back to many memories!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Most of us here, I would imagine.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Oh bloody 'ell, that is rough as #, been close to freezing here but no frost yet, TN is like so inland, I bet it gets freezing for you guys!!!

Yes! I keep repeating to myself...stay here, you are still needed your time is coming LOL
It's hard not to bolt and run!

I fear I'll be too old when I make my move!

My retirement plan still includes being a pickled piece of shoe leather on some beach somewhere...
Hopefully I will be as good as I am today!

Here's some Americana and some country for yer jukebox...weren't you in a country phase for a minute?!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Yes, I know exactly the house I was living in when that track was out, the street had a petition and we were evicted for partying too much...hooked up with the mother of my child that year, still my best friend these days.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
You asked for something German, although it isn´t new (10 years) it´s the best I can come up with that I like.

Love his flow, even if you can´t understand the text, try homing in on his rhythm in long passages. He´s a genius.
Here is a moderate translation.

I took this as a template and changed some things that were not exactly fitting.
lyricstranslate.com...

Burning my studio, I snort the ashes like coke.
Killing my goldfish, I bury him in the yard.
Blowing up my place, everything I have I let go of.
My old life tastes like stale toast.
Grill me a splendid steak, Peter now cooks the finest meat.
I am the update, Peter Fox 1.1.
I want to boogie, celebrate, but my pond is too small.
Growing me a new set of biters like a Great White.

Waxed, doped, polished, brand new teeth.
I'm euphoric-ified and have expensive plans
I buy me construction machinery, diggers and rollers and cranes
Blast [Fall] to Berlin and lean [push] on the siren
Building beautiful box towers, Bass massages your souls
I'm the wreckingball for the G-G-G-German scene

Hey, everything glitters, so nice & new.
Hey, if you don't like it, do it over.
The world's covered with dust, but I want to see where it goes.
Climb the mountain of muck, because a fresh wind blows up there.
Hey, everything glitters, so nice & new.

I'm sick of my old stuff, and let it rot in a sack.
Give my digs to the moths (moth my old clothes/rags)
and then I'll go shopping naked.
I am completely renovated, Brides have something to stare at.
Fit as a fiddle, super toned, world master in chess and boxing.
Only talk in concrete terms, give me a yes or no.
Stop with the nonsense, I'll let all the old pranksters be.
If I ever smoke pot again, I'll hack an ax into my leg.
I want no more lying, I want to mean every phrase I say.

My head is bursting, I've got to change everything.
I'm looking for the button, meet The Powers That Be.
Force the land into happiness, buy banks and broadcasters.
Everything goes crazy, trembling sheep and lambs.
I look better than Bono, and am the Man of the People.
Ready to save the world, even if be asked for too much.

There's no more air here, it's hard for me to breathe.
Bye bye I have to get out of here, the walls are closing in.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Yes, I know exactly the house I was living in when that track was out, the street had a petition and we were evicted for partying too much...hooked up with the mother of my child that year, still my best friend these days.

Ex-wife hookups and partying...not my scene but hey we all do what we gotta do at a given time in life. Sometimes I think you are too loose.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Haha FL is a'calling!!!
Yes, I like country, nice tune

I'll dance with you one day in a FL bar, do tequilas and be a tourist lol

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter
I didn't need the translation, that was #ing brilliant even though I couldn't understand it!!!
Nice one, welcome to the cafe, post some more tunes.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy
I´ll be back, but now, off to the bedsheets!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
What is too loose?
I'm friends with all my exes, deeply love all of them, especially the mother of my child, she is special, I would die for her if I had to. We would die for each other to save our son, deep deep love even though we are not together.
edit on 9-11-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: clarity

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

What is too loose?
I'm friends with all my exes, deeply love all of them, especially the mother of my child, she is special, I would die for her if I had to. We would die for each other, deep deep love even though we are not together.

Yet, if you were in a loving relationship you basically said you would drop her to go with that other women you have been pining over for most of your life. Loose.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Lol, my ex wife wants me to settle down with the woman I didn't want a child with. I've been off facebook for months (locked out) the other girl messaged my ex wife to get my new mobile number because she was worried hadn't heard back from me...I can love many people deeply in many different ways, and I do.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Lol, my ex wife wants me to settle down with the woman I didn't want a child with. I've been off facebook for months (locked out) the other girl messaged my ex wife to get my new mobile number because she was worried hadn't heard back from me...I can love many people deeply in many different ways, and I do.

I get it man, but if you are involved with someone you can't change the game mid-stream if another woman is now available and wants you; sure you can but I don't think that it is right.
edit on 011CST08America/Chicago05880830 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

What is too loose?
I'm friends with all my exes, deeply love all of them, especially the mother of my child, she is special, I would die for her if I had to. We would die for each other to save our son, deep deep love even though we are not together.

I get that, I really do. You know the girls dad ran off, thought that he wanted to be alone but, health issues and financial reasons meant he was unable. I still and will continue to help him no matter what and no matter what ever woman he chooses. He is still their father and in my opinion the one that I chose for that so...y'know?

We are really good friends though so that helps. His family is my family. They count on and love me. I am their people.

It's like that line from the book of Ruth from the Bible. May not be everyone's gig but there are some gems at times.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I have no experience with exes, I married one man and kept him for over 35 years. If an old flame came back into the picture it would never go anywhere, even if sparks flew, just saying.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Change what game, I love the mother of my child absolutely and totally, I'm in love with the woman I didn't want a child with though, and she is in love with me, we never fell out of love, we just took different paths and one day we are likely to share the same path again, with the blessing and happiness of my ex wife, they are friends lol.
Honestly dude it is simple, no conspiracy, just different people loving each other in different ways.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Change what game, I love the mother of my child absolutely and totally, I'm in love with the woman I didn't want a child with though, and she is in love with me, we never fell out of love, we just took different paths and one day we are likely to share the same path again, with the blessing and happiness of my ex wife, they are friends lol.
Honestly dude it is simple, no conspiracy, just different people loving each other in different ways.

Free and inclusive love?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
I have no experience with exes, I married one man and kept him for over 35 years. If an old flame came back into the picture it would never go anywhere, even if sparks flew, just saying.

I get ya, but I'll go back in a heartbeat lol

top topics

<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join