It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: BoneSay

Every American I've ever met likes Mexican food....and love Full English Breakfasts.

Amazes me that they slate us for liking baked beans on our breakfasts yet love eating mountains of pancakes.

I admit it looks tempting...but not when I've just woke up, and not quite as many!

And this is really a pitiful example of bacon...

The Clash aren't known as 'The only band that matters' for nothing....their first three albums are among the greatest ever recorded, everyone should own a copy of them.

One of the greatest songs ever recorded, helped change my life and shape my whole world view;

From their second album, Give 'em enough rope.

Any excuse to indulge myself and post Clash songs.
From London Calling album, something a bit different to what some people might expect of The Clash.

Many of their non-album tracks and B-sides are truly undiscovered gems.

Enough of my ramblings.

But the problem is they like some kind of fake food that is not at all the real thing, real Mexican food also includes beans all over the place, there are few Mexican breakfast plates that don't include beans in some way, and then i read about them trying to make fun of beans on breakfast. I don't think those people have actually been to Mexico and eaten real Mexican food, only Chipotle or tacos at night

They never had real Mexican breakfast like "Huevos Rancheros" or "Huevos con Chilaquiles", they think beans are for mid day or late night?

edit on 9-11-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

The Clash aren't known as 'The only band that matters' for nothing....their first three albums are among the greatest ever recorded, everyone should own a copy of them.

One of the greatest songs ever recorded, helped change my life and shape my whole world view;

From their second album, Give 'em enough rope.

Any excuse to indulge myself and post Clash songs.
From London Calling album, something a bit different to what some people might expect of The Clash.

Many of their non-album tracks and B-sides are truly undiscovered gems.

Enough of my ramblings.

I love punk and how these songs are authentic, i hate punk from recent bands because it is always like "i want to feel bad about all my life but i know i have to look for all the reasons to feel bad about it" but otherwise they are ok and have like a 200,000 dollars setup for the bad and they complaint about money, lame guys lmfao

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Gosh it's been busy here today, I had to work this morning and been chilling at a mates house since.
Some quality tunes as usual so I'll be catching up with them.
Lmao at the talk of beans for breakfast haha, it makes the full English, and yes US bacon looks crap, like from a bag of Frazzles!

@Bonesay, the silver Beatles are a tribute band, I'll have a listen later...oh, and that Mexican food looks amazing!

...now back to teasing Americans in that politics thread I posted, some are so defensive it is funny as #.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I hear all sorts of songs in the morning on my way in to work and then I don't post them up. I forget or get busy or whatever LOL.
Pancakes are NOT my favorite thing, okay they're kind of gross to be honest. My youngest daughter wanted a waffle maker last year for Christmas (I think) and so she got it. We experimented with "savory" waffles. We don't prefer the sweets.

Some of the Mexican food looks good. You know I don't like runny eggs though

I think some folks think that tex mex is official Mexican food. When I lived in Florida years ago the Mexicans would bring lunch and it was nothing like what is served at Taco Bell and the margarita restaurants here in the US.

It was quite yummy and the cheeses, the varieties of cheese were really good. I remember one particular day that someone asked if I wanted to share lunch and of course I said heck yeah. She opened up the aluminum (or spell it however you want LOL) envelope and it was a fish with the head on and the poor eyes
but, let me tell you...it was dang good.

You just grab a piece of tortilla and pull of some flesh and eat. There were side dishes too, of course, that you pile on the tortilla.

My favorite food was the Cuban food.

I think I'm hungry now

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
You should post some tunes, I love tunes from all over the world if it is new music to me!
...the food you speak of makes me hungry as #, you should post a recipe dish for the cafe menu! Freeborn has made me jealous as # with some local dishes from just the north of England, nevermind TN!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Gosh I have barely cooked for ages now. I think my family may be wasting away but, if they turn sideways I can't see them anymore so I may be wrong

Just kidding! My girls are masters of ordering out and know every server by name LMAO.

When you do visit the US you can try some of our filthy food. Today at work I called up to my daughter's desk and said (Like the mom I am!) did you bring lunch? She says no. I say what do ya want? She says something greasy and hot! Hahahaha!
She's recently gone back to eating meat.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Gosh it's been busy here today, I had to work this morning and been chilling at a mates house since.
Some quality tunes as usual so I'll be catching up with them.
Lmao at the talk of beans for breakfast haha, it makes the full English, and yes US bacon looks crap, like from a bag of Frazzles!

@Bonesay, the silver Beatles are a tribute band, I'll have a listen later...oh, and that Mexican food looks amazing!

...now back to teasing Americans in that politics thread I posted, some are so defensive it is funny as #.

lol at that thread, i went there for a while, so many triggery people around lmao

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

Gosh I have barely cooked for ages now. I think my family may be wasting away but, if they turn sideways I can't see them anymore so I may be wrong

LMFAO! Maybe they can eat whatever they want forever and will never have any side effects, i know i eat like if were a meat processing machine and still look like a walking stick no matter what lmao

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

LMFAO! Maybe they can eat whatever they want forever and will never have any side effects, i know i eat like if were a meat processing machine and still look like a walking stick no matter what lmao

Haha! Same with them, I only hope it doesn't "catch up with them" years from now.
They're young and that is farthest from their minds

I was same!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Meat is good and so is the love shack haha, that track takes me back to certain pubs back in the 90's where everyone would sing it!
It's not a pub anymore, it's a martial arts centre lol

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The thread has been funny as #, even gone off topic to Britain and the US firing nukes at each other lol, good humour though, I'm never cross while posting on ATS.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

The thread has been funny as #, even gone off topic to Britain and the US firing nukes at each other lol, good humour though, I'm never cross while posting on ATS.

I was tempted to say something but i would rather get to be 18 lmfao. I would be burned at the stake on that thread, probably 😂😂

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Haha you nut!

...you can only farm the land you have lol

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Okay now I feel I'm missing something...there's a thread?

The US and UK are going to nuke each other?

This could be problematic for the future if we are sworn enemies!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Lmao, my NHS thread escalated to nuclear war haha, have a read, funny as #, all good though, everyone chilled out.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
Top tune, filthy dirty guitar, love it!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Meat is good and so is the love shack haha, that track takes me back to certain pubs back in the 90's where everyone would sing it!

Love shack can be a nickname for your thread CCG.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Love shack can be a nickname for your thread CCG.

Yes!!!!

I love it

Here is my forecast for tonight through tomorrow so everyone is hunkered down under covers and not outside. We are triggered and I can't find my "special" pink crochet (NOT crotchet!) hat at the moment LOL

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight
Haha plenty of love here in the banter cafe!
Tunes are good though, you haven't posted or suggested one for the jukebox yet?
Sure Canada has some amazing gems I've never heard of before.

new topics

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join