It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The banter café

It is what it says on the sign, a place for friendly banter about anything, with people from everywhere.
ATS can be a turbulent place so the café has just opened as a place for a chilled cup of tea in between the arguments in other threads. All are welcome for friendly banter and chat about whatever you like, so just grab a table and start or join a conversation.

Got a funny story from your day? Want to share something like a mini rant, or moan about the sport or news? Then order a bacon sandwich, sit down at a table with folk and enjoy some banter.

Now although this is a ‘greasy spoon’ café, we have a free jukebox so you can post your youtube’s to set the ambience, and a chef who will do you more than just Bacon and eggs on toast, just suggest what you like at your own local greasy spoon and he’ll sort it out for you because he’ll beat any transport café or diner you can mention. There’s also free newspapers on the table by the cutlery so take one if you like and moan or laugh about the news and sport.

Whatever, banter and friendly chat is the mantra at the Banter Cafe
We have curry nights, a pool table, multiple screens for sport, music, news etc, just pop in and chat with likeminded friendly folk. Banter though, friendly chat.
We can’t get a license for alcohol on ATS but no matter, banter is banter the same at the caff or the pub. Bring your own bottle though is fine, no corkage fee charged here.

I’ve just ordered soft fried egg on buttered toast under melted cheese so I’ll chat to the old boy next to me who is ranting about politics until someone else comes in.
Shallow chit chat is the deal here, pop in for a quick tea/coffee or stop for a meal of your choice.

The banter café is open lol
edit on 23-7-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: Paragraphs/spaces because it was a wall of text lol

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Can I get some coffee?

Never could stomach tea.. (Unless it is cold and sweet)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

Haha, all coffee is served here, even covfefe!

I'll put a tune on the free jukebox, I heard it first actually at Cafe Del Mar in Ibiza, my favourite cafe in the world...
...everyone feel free to put your own tunes on if this isn't your 'cup of tea' lol
edit on 23-7-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: mispelled covfefe lol

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I'd like a pint of room-temperature beer please. It's the weather, it's awful.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

We couldn't get a licence for alcohol buddy, but we got anything else cold, juices, smoothies, soda's, or you can bring your own beer, but you have to buy food.

EDIT
What's the weather in your parts then? Britain has been unusually hot for a good month now, it would be amazing if it was like this every summer.
People actually look happy lol
I chuckle thinking of our southern hemisphere friends in winter while I can!
edit on 23-7-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   

We're heading for a heatwave in Holland. 30 C +. I'll pass on the healthy drinks and I never drink soda. Ah well, cheap round.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

30 degrees?! I'm melting at 26 lol, Britain can't cope with hot weather, we all drop to our knees praying for mercy from the God of fire in the sky!

EDIT
Time for a summer tune on the jukebox methinks...old one, before I was born lol

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

26, 30?

American South summers are a different animal. We've had a couple rainy days so cooler, but averaging a steady 35C is just goofy.

Make mine an iced coffee and I'll be hiding in the freezer if you need me. We can pass ATS messages under the door.

I'm one to talk it's gotten up to 41.1 in tokyo.. deadly heat wave in japan

edit on 23-7-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

H E A T W A V E

He Even Ate The Worms And Visceral Ejecta

Wait.

Wrong thread. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

LOL

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Iced coffe coming up

35 degrees on average? No need to pass messages under the freezer door, I'll be in there with you!
I'll get chef to create some new ice-cream dishes for the menu.

...I imagine most Japanese homes have AC, it's rare in British homes so we struggle above 25 degrees lol

EDIT
Nice tune, just listened to it, I'll pick another for the jukebox, actually a local band they have breakfast here often...

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Haha good banter!

You get a free coffee for that next time you pop in haha

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Iced coffee sounds good - it's baking here in Wiltshire. Soon be a hosepipe ban?

I have got a load of stone chippings to shift into the back garden but I'll be buggered if I am doing that in this heat.

Can I have bacon eggs and sausage with my usual marmalade on the side, please?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Manual work in this heat is a sweaty business, the other day I drank 3 litres of water just was dripping out of my skin.
Iced coffee coming up, and chef has agreed he will rustle up bacon eggs and sausage with a side dish of marmalade athough he refuses to add it himself saying it's sacrilege!
...I still haven't tried that myself yet

Is it still lockdown in Salisbury mate?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
33° in the shade right now over here in central France and expecting up to 37° on Thursday... "mutter mutter grumble grumble"...

Knock me up a knickerbocker glory and some crumpets please whilst I pop down to the local off license to get a couple of nice cold tins of Allagash white beer in..

Oh... I forgot... we don't have off licenses over here in France... "Mutter mutter grumble grumble"...

Can't even go ouside at the moment as the bloody horse flies home in on me straight away because I am all hot and sweaty....

"Mumble mumble, rant mutter"...

Warmest (or should I say hottest) regards

Lags

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

It was 110 yesterday, should be the same today. I work in a 20's era efficiency house that is covered over by enormous pecan and oak trees (and a few box elders). The trees all date back at least 600 years. Even with the shade, my window unit AC won't keep up with the heat. By 2pm ill have to leave and go home to finish work. If its below 100...not so bad.

Yesterday at home my thermostat was reading that the house was 76 degrees. About 7 degrees above my preference. We had all the fans going full blast, and everything was cooked outside on the smoker and grill. Since its hot today, tonight will be leftover brisket. No that im complaining.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Baked beans on such a lovely plate - we're off to a bad start.

I'm bringing my own Greek food and OUZO!

Meanwhile Colin is working against the clock to set the mood

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
...everything was cooked outside on the smoker and grill.

Should have just tossed them on the driveway to flash fry.

edit on 23-7-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I chuckle thinking of our southern hemisphere friends in winter while I can!

It won't be Winter for ever!

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Try it - good with Brown Sauce too.

Too hot to mow the lawn even, what's left of it.

Salisbury's not in lockdown as such but the park is still closed, surrounded by tape and Coppers. Tourists seem to be coming back though. Haven't been over to the Maltings recently - it's too hot out.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join