It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Wow that is hot man!!! I don't think I've ever experienced heat like that.
I'm with you on the cooking outside, I have lit a fire in the yard every day for the last month or so and just BBQ'd. I live on a cliff by the coast so get a nice sea breeze which I'm grateful for.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I have lit a fire in the yard every day for the last month or so and just BBQ'd. I live on a cliff by the coast so get a nice sea breeze which I'm grateful for.

Ya spawny git ya!

Saying that, our son is joining the army in September leaving Mrs Lags and I alone.... "grins"

We are selling up and moving down to the South of France next year once we can find a place on the coast near Montpellier.

Must admit that we have had the BBQ on every evening for the past month and a half too... AND the rosé nice and chilled...

Warmest regards

Lags

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Baked beans on such a lovely plate - we're off to a bad start.

I'm bringing my own Greek food and OUZO!

Haha, you've got to have beans on a full cooked breakfast, it's actually the law in Britain!
Oh, and it's okay to bring your bottle, we just don't have a licence to sell it in the cafe, and you have to buy some food.

...Colin's tunes!!! Mate, that was fantastic! Brilliant music in the Banter Cafe.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
It won't be Winter for ever!

Haha yes, and you'll be the one laughing at us up North

Those beaches look amazing! Never been to Oz, my son and his girlfriend are going in 'our' winter, I'm not jealous...honest.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Mate - your cafes the best, I'll use the skills that haven't seen the light of day in 20 years and sneek the alcohol in. To be shared with the proprietor of course!

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
Too hot to mow the lawn even, what's left of it.
You still have grass???!
We've got just some yellowy moss like plant life (or death), can't really call it grass anymore lol

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This'll come in handy on Sunday mornings.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

haha...having said that I cant wait to get back to Europe again. The old World draws us in!

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Haha I bet you are looking forward to lone time with Mrs Lags!

...South of France eh? I worked a summer near Montpelier, construction work on gîtes, the owner had enough of lazy French workers so shipped us over in a couple of Transit vans...ah good times.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Still a new cafe though mate, hopefully we'll get a few regulars when word gets round.
...and sneaking the booze in reminded me of sneaking into a festival in the back of a Mk1 Ford Fiesta:

I was under the backpacks in the boot/trunk, I thought I was gonna suffocate lol

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Where you planning in Europe, UK?
If you do, just spend a day or two in dirty expensive London then find a campsite at the beach somewhere like Newquay, Cornwall. You won't regret it. You can get a direct train from London to Newquay as well so easy to get to from that cess pit lol

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I put off going to the range yesterday in lieu of hoping today would be better. Have a new AR that needs sighted in. So it looks like im going to sweat my ass off today instead.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
My daughter is joining the Royal Navy and is currently praying daily to whatever Gods are still around that she doesn't get called for basic until winter ! I can't remember the last time we had weather like this for such a long period of time. Normally its a couple of days in May then rain then a couple of days in September

I've got 3 fans going atm and now me electricity costs is going through the roof was tempted to get an air conditioning unit but probably won't need it again for another 30yrs or so lol

I must confess though, living in the town centre, watching folk and particularly what they are wearing is a hoot!! seriously..some folk do they ever actually look in a mirror?? I've seen bits hanging out I really really don't wanna see!

Oh yeah and don't even get me started on the knobheads in cars with their crappy music blasting out at full whack!
edit on 23-7-2018 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Do you have to go to the range? I assumed in Texas you could just shoot in your backyard, or is it a respect for neighbours thing? I haven't shot anything since leaving Royal Navy Reserves (SA80), but there is another member in the cafe who is ex British Army, he'll chime in soon saying that he was shooting SA80's when he was still playing with crayons and fuzzy felt lol

...I couldn't stand your heat though, like the witch on wizard of oz "I'm melting!!!"

edit on 23-7-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: typo, honestly, I didn't have to google how to spell 'crayons' just fat fingers lol

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Haha I bet you are looking forward to lone time with Mrs Lags!

...South of France eh? I worked a summer near Montpelier, construction work on gîtes, the owner had enough of lazy French workers so shipped us over in a couple of Transit vans...ah good times.

Funnily enough we are thinking of opening up a gite when we get down there.

Right... catch you all tomorrow Mrs Lags has just pulled up to the garden gate...

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Lawn looks like #e but does have some stuff popping up - probably stuff come in from the fields. I always have had more moss than grass.

Neighbour put moss killer on his a while back - result: no lawn at all. But then he is a bit of a wazzock. Actually he is a complete wazzock come to think of it.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Good luck to your daughter

I was RNR but did many full time service commitments because I was in the civil service so I could switch as I wished, when I got bored with the office.
LMAO at the Air con, you're right, I don't remember heat like this in my life...and same in my parts, some folk are showing bits I'd rather see, but it's like a car crash, you have to look at it!

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Full English for the morning? Any special requests let chef know in advance so you don't have to wait.
Pick some tunes for the jukebox as well, all genres welcome in this cafe.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Wazzock hahaha! I haven't used that in years! It's a funny one but totally descriptive.
I love how the ATS filter misses loads of British insult swear words out.
...buy Astroturf mate, never need to cut it and always green, but as another member said, it'll be 30 years before we get a summer like this again!

Hmm, a summer song for the jukebox I reckon...

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Technically i live in a "city". But folks shoot varmints out there all the time. We bought a 22 cal air rifle so we could dispatch varmints more quietly.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join