It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Banter Cafe, open 24hrs

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

In bed on my phone love to you babe xxx top tune x

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

There's even an old Chevy in it for ya!

The line about flowers coming from the cement sidewalk...memories of flowers

Fall outta your bed and sing like a bird!!

Love you my friend!

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: BoneSay

Aw I just had a text from my son's girlfriend saying thanks for being like a dad last night. She doesn't know her own dad and her mother has mental health issues so she's kind of on her own...but she's not now, so long as she's with my son I'll treat her like a daughter...I love doing 'dad stuff' helping out getting through the crazy emotions and heartache of growing up.
I feel old though haha!

That's very cool, i bet she feels happy to have a family like this, it's hard to be on your own and having people that shows up and is actually there for you is wonderful, it makes the world looks so different < 3

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Cool tunes and a cool weekend thanks, watched our town win at rugby, lost my voice cheering lol, then had a silly one when my son who lives next door got home at 2 am.
His girlfriend was drunk and emotional so I went into dad mode and chilled her out lol funny night really enjoyed.

EDIT
Cheddar cheese was involved haha do they sell it in Mexico yeh? ...melted on the bacon bread roll...heaven haha

I think they are mostly the same, at least the ones i have tried so far look the same as the ones i looked on the web from the Uk, i don't think this food was originally also a Mexican idea so it was definitely imported from Europe or such and so it is the same recipe

I hate when that happens, when i get a bit drunk *which never happens by the way*
i usually make a mess and start bringing up s*it from the past and then friends have to go into big brother mode and help me out of the lapse lmao.

Don't do that much these days, i have been managing better all those issues. I totally get her from what you have said about her and it is nice she has family around to help in those times, it can be devastating and take you into a very bad fall if no one is around to help out

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Lmao, this reminds me of lots and lots of days and nights and dinner or while having mom's friends around invited for lunch or stuff. Back when i was still living at home

Then sometimes it would kind of turn into what some ATS threads turn xaxa, everyone trying to rip the other person's skin off

I'm sorry mom i think i took 10 years off your life time

edit on 4-11-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Ah I really liked that, total Americana! (hugs)
...I've been locked out of facebook for a few months, some 'security issue' and I can't remember what throwaway email I used to join so I can't get back in. An ex girlfriend was worried because she hadn't heard from me so called my ex wife to find out lol, friendships are quite incestuous in these parts haha.
If you wanna email though it's just my ATS username @gmail.com, be good to catch up.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Lmao!

...and haha you never get drunk!
Cheese is my vice, I have cheese on most of my meals, I don't drink milk so it's my calcium input.
Couldn't work today, had a full on bad day of being dizzy, managed to walk to my mates house earlier though, I looked like I was drunk but wasn't lol
You are right about my son's girlfriend being part of the family now, I treat her as if she was my own daughter, reminds me of decades ago when the family of my son's mother accepted me in and helped me when I was young.
I love being 'dad', it feels good

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
...listening to this right now, it takes me back to an ex girlfriend, we only finished because she wanted a child and I didn't want another child with a different woman, we never fell out of love.
I still wait for her to be honest, she had her child and in a few years she is likely to dump him when daughter turns 18, we hook up for a pint at the beach or whatever quite often. He has never had what we have, tragic tale of love and deceit...real life.
EDIT
She took the photo in my profile pic at Stonehenge, I genuinely don't care about him, I'll steal her back one day and face the consequences.
edit on 5-11-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This is beautiful, youtube kinda picked it for me...

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

One day mate all that you desire will be yours.

Will have a listen to the two albums you've posted a bit later.

Some Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott;

Two of the nicest people you could possibly wish to meet.

Paul Heaton is one of my favourite song writers of all time, his lyrics are fantastic.....Jacqui is simply amazing.
I know this a cover but....

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Sorry, couldn't resist.....another couple of tunes from Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

That was #ing brilliant!
I would have loved to have been in that crowd.
....and yes, one day, we'll be back together

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

I too have a similar tale of a soul mate love as you do, but I gave up on it and moved on and it turned out well. I would hate for you to miss on other grand loves because you have decided to wait for an unsure thing, but we have to do what we have to do in matters of the heart. I don't believe there is only one soul mate out there for us, I believe we have many chances at true and lasting love, each being unique within themselves.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Wise words. I agree completely.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

We old timers know the score.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Wise words as oldcarpy said

I don't deny myself the chances of love with other people, my door is always open so to speak, just this girl is someone special, the weirdest split I've ever had because we never fell out of love with each other, I just didn't want another child with a different mother.
I've been locked out of facebook for a few months and she actually messaged my ex-wife the other day to get my new phone number because she hadn't heard from me lol, we traveled the world together for a year, she is my real love and we both know it when we hook up for coffee or a pint, it's just forbidden.

We split up in Malaysia one time over a stupid argument, didn't see each other for a week so I headed to Bangkok where I thought she would be. I got to an internet cafe, opened my hotmail, looked to my left and she was 3 desks down emailing me! We leaped into each others arms like a scene from a romantic movie haha. City of 8 million people.
I love every ex deeply, and I'm open to love with any new face I may meet, but in my heart she was always the one...I should say I feel bad for the father of her child but I don't, he's nothing to me, she's the one 'cheating' when we hook up and she doesn't tell him...I've never connected with anyone like her so if I have to wait a few more years I don't mind.

edit on 6-11-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: added vid

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

But in reality, you are not free to love someone else totally. You are not freeing yourself up for total immersion with someone new because you could at any given moment leave a new love for her.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Yes, it's a complicated situation to be in. Neither of us got over each other, she just wanted a child and went with the 'next best' if you know what I mean.
He hasn't got the connection we have and never will, it is a true romantic tragedy. I've loved since her but we've never been able to get each other out of our systems. When her child turns 18 I can see her dumping him, sounds awful doesn't it, but it is what it is.
For what it's worth, if that happens and he wants to give me a couple of punches then I'll take them and won't hit him back.

edit on 6-11-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: added vid

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Don't ever underestimate the deep and intimate connection that some couples may have when they have children together.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Oh gosh of course not, my ex wife, mother of my son, is like my twin sister in love...I have a twin sis.
I love her deeply, madly, and passionately but not like I love the woman in my story. The love is different. I would risk my life to save both of them, but for different kind of love.
I massively understand 'parent of my child' status...my love with her is romantic love, not parental shared love.
...a romantic love which matey has never got from the same woman we both love.

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join