It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's stop the nonsense - There are only two genders

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well, speaking only chromosomally, other than XX and XY there is also XXY, XYY, XXX, XXXX, XXXY, XXYY, and XXXXY among other variations. So, there are at least three genders if simplified to M, F , and Other.

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

edit on 3-7-2018 by gr8skott because: Oops

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

..if there was a blood test, or brain scan proof, any physical evidence at all! But there isn't. The sole basis of trans is "I feel..." or "I want to be..." Sorry but "I feel like..." does not trump biological reality.

Did you ever meet a really masculine dike, one that did not take any hormones?

If you have, you would think that there is something *really* biologically different with that girl and your typical feminine girl. I would bet money that there is likely some test that would prove a significant biological difference between a masculine dike and your typical feminine girl which has nothing to do with what genitals they have. I'm no expert in the subject but that's just my guess..

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: gr8skott
Well, speaking only chromosomally, other than XX and XY there is also XXY, XYY, XXX, XXXX, XXXY, XXYY, and XXXXY among other variations. So, there are at least three genders if simplified to M, F , and Other.

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Those aren’t extra genders. XXXXY, for instance, occurs in males.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Sadly we'll never change the minds of people either way.

Some of us go by facts. But a huge majority will always go with their feelings, even if they're not factually correct.
Because many people simply want reality distorted to suit them. They want the world they want. Everyone else be damned. (regardless of the side of the fence they're on.)
It confuses them that people do not think, act or speak as they do. It overloads their brain.
They don't understand flexibility and compromise, that these concepts exist so we can co-exist in a shared society.

Also keep in mind what they say about crazy people. You cannot rationalize with them because well, they're crazy, and most crazy people don't realize they're crazy.

All I ask from people is if they want me to respect, tolerate, accept them and show some compassion and treat them as an equal. They best do the same.
Live as you want. Just do not force it on me and others. This is why we have homes. So we can live and do in private as we choose.

I mean I could sit here and say hey, boys have a penis, girls have a vagina, the end.
and all it will do is just get those who think the same to agree, and those who do not to disagree, and possibly get insulting.

It won't change minds and it won't make a difference on both sides. But yes the double standards and hypocrisy from people needs to stop.

I don't care if a person is straight or gay or 57 varieties of sexual preferences.
What will make me judge a person is how they behave as a human being.

Gotta give that respect to get it.

But yeah if I had a dollar for every scenario I've seen where for example some one says "I am a unicorn and you must accept that" while spouting "Polygmay and BDSM is just sick" hypocrisy. I'd be a rich man.

Tolerance and equality being a one way street and people only wanting equality and such when it benefits them is what I have a problem with.

Mutilate your genitals if you want. Get a donut welded to your forehead. I don't care.
Just don't expect me to consider it normal. You leave me alone I'll leave you alone. no need to insist I must be your friend. No need to follow me around calling me names.

Just get on with your life and flock to birds of similar feather, don't go invading other peoples flocks.
There's a reason Emu's don't hang out with Wedge Tail Eagles. Just as there is a reason they do not pursue each other for stupid reasons of no gain for anyone.

If someone does not want to make your cake, go find someone else to make it.

Seems simple enough. But alas it seems the most simple concepts are the hardest for many to grasp. It genuinely makes me sad this is even a thing in 2018.
I just don't see half the issues that are apparently so rampant in daily life as a few loudly vocal minorities and media tell me there is and I tend to walk around with my eyes and ears open.

When I am waiting at a checkout line that has an obviously gay cashier and not a single one of the 20 people in front of me bring it up, and they speak politely and civil to them, I have to wonder where all this oppression and crap is in the western world?

Maybe if I lived in Saudi Arabia I could maybe understand gay rights and feminism etc. are still issues.
But in the west? It's just mindless squawking now.

Seriously every time I have a convo with folks who claim some sort of oppression or discrimination what rights I as a Caucasian appearing male have that they do not, they never answer and change the subject. While oddly enough I can run off a list of rights they have that I do not.

Cannot get a job? Well maybe try applying for one for once in your life. If you can fill in a welfare claim you can fill in a job application.

Don't like being arrested? Don't break the law.

Don't make as much money as I do? Work as many hours and days as me. We both get the same pay rates. It's not the 1960's anymore. Maybe plan out having kids instead of expecting someone else should pay for them because you chose to get knocked up. You get 9-10months to get your # together. Cannot afford them? Don't have them.

Don't want to be judged for who or what you are? Don't tell us every 5 minutes and make it an annoyance. If you seek attention you'll get it. And rarely as you want.

God I could go on.
Alas as I said at the start. To do so would only be preaching to the choir. A person convinced of the wage gap myth is always going to believe it exists facts be damned.
A man who thinks he's a woman will never care what's under the microscope.

Best we can hope for is that all the selfish me me me folks will go away if you ignore them.
But on the other side of the coin. If you go after them, don't be surprised when it also bites back.

Everything in human communication is a 2 way street. And regardless of what we wish. Action have consequences.
If you cannot live with them, don't do the actions that result in them. Otherwise suck it up.

But yeah, just get the # on with your lives. You don't need me to approve of what you stick where.

/rant
edit on 5-7-2018 by AtomicKangaroo because: typo stuff

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo

Sadly we'll never change the minds of people either way.

Some of us go by facts. But a huge majority will always go with their feelings, even if they're not factually correct.
Because many people simply want reality distorted to suit them. They want the world they want. Everyone else be damned. (regardless of the side of the fence they're on.)
It confuses them that people do not think, act or speak as they do. It overloads their brain.
They don't understand flexibility and compromise, that these concepts exist so we can co-exist in a shared society.

Also keep in mind what they say about crazy people. You cannot rationalize with them because well, they're crazy, and most crazy people don't realize they're crazy.

All I ask from people is if they want me to respect, tolerate, accept them and show some compassion and treat them as an equal. They best do the same.
Live as you want. Just do not force it on me and others. This is why we have homes. So we can live and do in private as we choose.

I mean I could sit here and say hey, boys have a penis, girls have a vagina, the end.
and all it will do is just get those who think the same to agree, and those who do not to disagree, and possibly get insulting.

It won't change minds and it won't make a difference on both sides. But yes the double standards and hypocrisy from people needs to stop.

I don't care if a person is straight or gay or 57 varieties of sexual preferences.
What will make me judge a person is how they behave as a human being.

Gotta give that respect to get it.

But yeah if I had a dollar for every scenario I've seen where for example some one says "I am a unicorn and you must accept that" while spouting "Polygmay and BDSM is just sick" hypocrisy. I'd be a rich man.

Tolerance and equality being a one way street and people only wanting equality and such when it benefits them is what I have a problem with.

Mutilate your genitals if you want. Get a donut welded to your forehead. I don't care.
Just don't expect me to consider it normal. You leave me alone I'll leave you alone. no need to insist I must be your friend. No need to follow me around calling me names.

Just get on with your life and flock to birds of similar feather, don't go invading other peoples flocks.
There's a reason Emu's don't hang out with Wedge Tail Eagles. Just as there is a reason they do not pursue each other for stupid reasons of no gain for anyone.

Seems simple enough. But alas it seems the most simple concepts are the hardest for many to grasp. It genuinely makes me sad this is even a thing in 2018.
I just don't see half the issues that are apparently so rampant in daily life as a few loudly vocal minorities and media tell me there is and I tend to walk around with my eyes and ears open.

When I am waiting at a checkout line that has an obviously gay cashier and not a single one of the 20 people in front of me bring it up, and they speak politely and civil to them, I have to wonder where all this oppression and crap is in the western world?

Maybe if I lived in Saudi Arabia I could maybe understand gay rights and feminism etc. are still issues.
But in the west? It's just mindless squawking now.

Seriously every time I have a convo with folks who claim some sort of oppression or discrimination what rights I as a Caucasian appearing male have that they do not, they never answer and change the subject. While oddly enough I can run off a list of rights they have that I do not.

Cannot get a job? Well maybe try applying for one for once in your life. If you can fill in a welfare claim you can fill in a job application.

Don't like being arrested? Don't break the law.

Don't make as much money as I do? Work as many hours and days as me. We both get the same pay rates. It's not the 1960's anymore. Maybe plan out having kids instead of expecting someone else should pay for them because you chose to get knocked up. You get 9-10months to get your # together. Cannot afford them? Don't have them.

Don't want to be judged for who or what you are? Don't tell us every 5 minutes and make it an annoyance. If you seek attention you'll get it. And rarely as you want.

God I could go on.
Alas as I said at the start. To do so would only be preaching to the choir. A person convinced of the wage gap myth is always going to believe it exists facts be damned.
A man who thinks he's a woman will never care what's under the microscope.

Best we can hope for is that all the selfish me me me folks will go away if you ignore them.
But on the other side of the coin. If you go after them, don't be surprised when it also bites back.

Everything in human communication is a 2 way street. And regardless of what we wish. Action have consequences.
If you cannot live with them, don't do the actions that result in them. Otherwise suck it up.

But yeah, just get the # on with your lives. You don't need me to approve of what you stick where.
/rant

I LIKE YOU

I REALLY LIKE YOU

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Provided the government doesn't require me to use more than 2 gender pronouns I'm ok with the way things are.

If I call some person a sir and this individual wants to be called ma'am or zir they simply need to correct me.

Don't see what the big issue is provided gov't stays out of it.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I hope male and female connectors(USB plugs, etc...) won't be the next to go, cause that # makes perfect sense.
Well, to me that is. Heh...
edit on 5/7/2018 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
No there are only two sets of sexual biological characteristics

Gender is not the same as biological sexual designation.

Now I would love to sit hear and waste my entire night debating this with you but honestly I just don't have the patiance or time for it.

Just know that the academic consensus disagree's with you.

Nature disagrees with you. And if there was a bet between man's academic vs Nature on who knows best. My bet is on nature/ natural law. We did all come out of nature after all.

So we have the divide, Natural vs the Unnatural. And man has a nasty habit of choosing unnatural ideologies over what nature has to teach. It so happens that is where science comes in to observe nature and Biology.

edit on th2018000000Fridayth000000Fri, 06 Jul 2018 00:57:39 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoFri, 06 Jul 2018 00:57:39 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
"There's only two gender! Pee pee and vajayjay!"
"Well actually sex and gender are scientifically different-"
"Nu-uh! You're just a troll! How does it feel to troll mr. Trollie McTrollface???"

Quality thread. 10/10 would read again.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join