It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's stop the nonsense - There are only two genders

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: Isurrender73

Let’s stop the nonsense there is no God. So you can stop using that as an excuse to tell people what to do and how to be.

I respect your right to your beliefs but I don't think I did any telling of anyone what to be. I am against labels because people change as they grow. I don't want the church or the SJW in charge of defining who anyone is.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
The term “gender” has been used to describe sex since the 15th century. It was only in the late 60s that feminism asserted that gender pertains to societal roles. The science on the latter designation is far from settled, and I would argue it is pseudoscience.

Your disagreement with the mounting evidence that gender is, in fact, separate from sex is hardly a valid basis from which to declaim said evidence as pseudoscience.

Belief is not fact.

Unless you have factual evidence which directly refuted the evidence you dismiss, it is your claim that fall into the definition of pseudoscience.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
There are two genders.
but
some people do fall in the middle of them

Those people are not common enough to be representative of normally-developed humans, in the same way that someone born without arms and legs isn't evidence that humans should naturally have no arms or legs. Sometimes people are born with missing limbs, sometimes they're born blind or deaf, sometime's they're born with medical conditions that won't allow them to live past the age of 5, and sometimes they're born with both sex organs - otherwise known as "intersex" or "hermaphrodites". To put this into perspective, Down Syndrome is about twice as common.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I don't want the church or the SJW in charge of defining who anyone is.

Yet you refuse to acknowledge the existence of multiple genders.

So what you are saying is that you refuse to recognise how people define themselves because you basically don't believe that their gender exists.

Surly you have got to be seeing the glaring holes in your own arguments hear?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

And your still not making any point related to the reason for the thread.

If you think defining someones gender is important outside of biological identity I believe you are wrong and are part of the problem.

SJW don't like the classical definition of lables so they created new ones, in order label themselves.

I don't need a lable. I'll just me, be a biological male who acts in whatever way feels right to me at that moment without feeling any need to be labled.

edit on 2-7-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Biology is evidence enough for me. You cannot find biological markers for gender, but I can.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So what you are saying is that you refuse to recognise how people define themselves because you basically don't believe that their gender exists.

I am saying there is no reason for any definition. We don't need to fit in. We can just be who we are.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Limited mental capacity to discern reality minimises lateral thinking where looking in the mirror and seeing genitalia warrants denying what is seen and observed and so a tendency to supplant the observation with thoughts of wanting it to not be true is manifested in the mind therefore the ego identifies as that which is desired rather than what is real.

Penis = male
Vagina = female.

Gender = 2
Sexual identity = irrelevant - if you have a penis, get in that line, if you have a vagina, get in that line.

There are only 2 lines in reality (as opposed to 63+ lines in the fantasy)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Do you understand the difference between sex and gender?

One is physical and one is psychological? Know which is which?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

I am saying there is no reason for any definition. We don't need to fit in. We can just be who we are.

No what you are saying is that you want to dismiss those the definitions of gender because they show that you are wrong.

There is a distinction between gender and biological sex, myself and another member have explained this to you, feel free to go and read up some more on this and educate yourself on the matter that your are so obviously passionate yet ignorant off.

Being who we are could mean being transgender or gender-fluid as much as it could be meaning we identify as a man or a woman.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Biology is evidence enough for me. You cannot find biological markers for gender, but I can.

No you can find biological markers for biological sex.

Sex and gender are not the same.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
There are at least three areas where hormones can affect a persons sexuality; the first is physical characteristics. There are various attributes that differ between men and woman; jaw shape, whether upper teeth are prominent, hip widths, as well as reproductive organs. There is also brain wiring where different areas are switched on or off due to hormone levels. Then there is the actual psychological identity as well as the feeling of different body parts being extra or missing.

Stress of a mother with an unborn child can affect hormone levels particularly testosterone and that can affect development of the child.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

So you cannot make any other logical argument pertaining to labeling people and whether or not that has a positive or negative impact on people?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

No what you are saying is that you want to dismiss those the definitions of gender because they show that you are wrong.

There is a distinction between gender and biological sex, myself and another member have explained this to you, feel free to go and read up some more on this and educate yourself on the matter that your are so obviously passionate yet ignorant off.

Being who we are could mean being transgender or gender-fluid as much as it could be meaning we identify as a man or a woman.

And you feel that I need to fit one of those lables. I think we have over 60 lables already. Let's create 7 billion different lables because apparently lables are important.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

So you cannot make any other logical argument pertaining to labeling people and whether or not that has a positive or negative impact on people?

Don't think I have labelled anyone's gender for them all I have done is try to explain to you that your argument in your OP is fundamentally flawed because you fail to make the distinction between biological sex and gender.

Now, to be quite honest if you are still not getting it at this point then I don't really see much point in continuing this conversation because if you want to go on living with this ignorant belief that their are only two genders and totally misunderstanding what gender is then thats your problem not mine.

So no, please feel free, carry on with your ignorance, don't let me stop you.

However at the same time please do not expect not to call out your ignorance or to embrace your ignorant views.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Do you understand the difference between sex and gender?

One is physical and one is psychological? Know which is which?

I understand that.

I don't believe we need any lable outside of genetics for medical purposes. I believe we can just be who we are and be satisfied with that. And that everyone should accept everyone for who they are and respect everyones right to change who they are whenever it makes sense to them regardless of some label.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

They are the same, and have been for centuries. It wasn’t until language manipulators contorted the plain meaning of language to make their ideologies fit.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I am understanding you.

Somewhere along the line the common definition of the word gender, which was specific to biology was morphed to create more labels.

I am against the idea of labels based on sexual orientation. I am not the one who cannot comprehend the other side. It is precisely your arguments that caused me to create this thread and chose the language I chose.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I have to say though in reading a few of your posts I actually don't think you mean to diminish how anyone defines their gender, I don't think your saying their are only two genders in the same way my homophobic grandfather used to almost vomit any time he saw a drag queen.

I actually think you are quite genuine that everyone should just be happy with who they are and be accepted for who they are regardless of their gender.

I just also happen to think that you have really got a very confused and poor understanding of the concepts around human sexuality as a topic as a whole.

From what I have read on your posts I honestly do think you would find this a really interesting subject to get into and learn more about.

edit on 2-7-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

When a person is concieved they are assigned a gender by God or by Nature, whatever you believe about such is not important in this debate.

Hermaphrodites.

Your argument is invalid.
edit on 2-7-2018 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join