It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go inside a U.S. migrant youth shelter in a former Walmart — cots, soccer and a mural

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
Many people have been convinced that being inhumane is an acceptable way to go about their lives.

People are sick.

so you'd rather our country be more inundated with ILLEGAL immigrants but its OK cuz its immoral to separate grown criminals from younger criminals. people like you should have to go live with them in their countries if you support them so damned much, go make their place a home so they will stay away from mine. its like saying you can come break in my house and i will clothe and feed you , as long as you have kids cuz it would be immoral not too....

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Hopefully this will shut some of the people up who keep bitching, ignorantly, about our immigration policy.

It won’t. Their TDS won’t allow it.

Don’t spoil a good fake news narrative with facts. These people don’t want facts. They want their hate of Trump more.

They WISH some children would be abused here so they could blame Trump.

They WISH the economy would fail and that war would break out, so I wouldn't put that past them either. They're very very sick individuals.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Many people have been convinced that being inhumane is an acceptable way to go about their lives.

People are sick.

I know, I cannot believe that those people would ever even risk the chance of being seperated from their children by a foreign government... And these illegals are basically GUARANTEEING it. Where is the common sense in parenting?? Would you play some game of chance with your child for the chance to win a lottery ticket?? For MONEY???

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos
So if all is on the up and up, why was that US Senator not granted an appontment to visit one of these ex-Walmart facilities? Even when he turned up and tried to talk to the supervisor, the supervisor said he was not allowed to make a statement. The police had been called and he was asked to leave by the supervisor, which he did calmly.

Privacy concerns.

And breach of authority.

🔑

But he said he understood that and that the camera crew would not be required to come in. He also stated on camera that he had been told that there was child abuse going on, which was deliberate to discourage others from seeking refuge in the USA. The fact he was refused access when applying to the authority in charge in the first instance is very suspicious.

If it then took a week to be allowed in, that would certainly give enough time to sort the place out for a visit. Again it adds to the suspicion that something was amiss

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Since when does any ATS member take the media at their word? When it supports their case. They do it all the time. They are hypocrites.

The pictures of all the fun and games are fake. Those were actually torture tables not pool tables and ping pong...

They convert it back to fun and games whenever the fuzz or the press come sniffing around, kind of like this...but in reverse...

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

When you put it that way, it does look like there is no abuse and this whole thing was a propaganda story to spread the rumor that your kids will be abused if you try to come here illegally. The rumor of course being used to attempt to stem the flow of illegals...they hear innacurate rumors which encourage them to come, so, one way to combat that is to put out an equal amount of innacurate rumors designed to Discourage them from coming.

I wonder if the senator was in on it or if they just used him?

edit on 6/16/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

that is an interesting angle, and you could be right. Could also be the kids are being trafficked by the authorities themselves.
Not like that hasn't happened in the past, thinking of DynCorp here

edit on 16-6-2018 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Here are the laws the Democrats keep lying about by saying they dont exist.

* - 18 U.S. Code Chapter 77 - PEONAGE, SLAVERY, AND TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS
* - 18 U.S. Code § 1591 - Sex trafficking of children or by force, fraud, or coercion

The only difference between what Trump is doing and What Obama was doing is Trump is enforcing the laws that exist. Although listening to Democrats on tv they are loving this because it allows them to exploit the children for their own political gain.

Just like Democrats do with school shootings.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Here are the laws the Democrats keep lying about by saying they dont exist.

* - 18 U.S. Code Chapter 77 - PEONAGE, SLAVERY, AND TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS
* - 18 U.S. Code § 1591 - Sex trafficking of children or by force, fraud, or coercion

WOW! Those are the laws that Trump hates? Those are the laws that Trump is calling on the Democrats to get rid of?

If all parents and families traveling across the border to seek asylum are guilty of trafficking, slavery and sex trafficking of children by force, why didn't the Democrats, under Obama, also take everyone's kids away at the border? Why did Jeff Sessions even need to impose a "no tolerance" policy to this law, essentially strengthen a law that Trump hates, and wants the Democrats to eliminate?

Are you sure that Democrats alone enacted these seemingly "terrible" laws, punishing slavery and sex trafficking, that Trump hates so much, in the first place? Did they shove this unfair law through at the protest of Repubs? Are you sure it wasn't bipartisan at the time?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: DieGloke
a reply to: Xcathdra

ooooo thank you for the photos.

I am on a website full of people with very severe TDS and they are circle jerking over the mural of Trump calling it a fascist picture.....And then I posted the mural of Obama....... Like throwing a single banana to a bunch of monkeys.....
Lol, oh very nice. Would love to have been there 🤣

Check your PM if you want some fun!

They could not cope with me, would love to see how they would fair with you!

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
My understanding is that these children are are escaping horrible conditions in their home countries and domestic violence. From that starting point this facility looks like a few steps up. To be sure I would want my kids to live there but my kids dont live in horrible conditions.... if they did I'd be begging for them to be living in that Walmart where there is a one to one employee to child ratio, video games and 3 hots and a cot.

As for the politicians just showing up unanounsced and using the refusal to enter as some kind of indicator that something must be going wrong there. Try to enter any child facility (schools, camps, ect) in this country unanounsced I'd bet my house that your not getting in ... it's not an indictment of the place it's an example of our fear of mass murder and gun violence.

But the real thing that I see as a problem is that there a lot of people shouting how wrong the situation is; but not many people are volunteering to take in these children. There isnt even a conservative effort to make people aware of how they can volunteer to take these children in. I tried to look up the steps on how to do so a month ago and gave up cause I couldn't find much and what I did find contradicte other information I found. I bet there a tun of people who would volunteer if it was made easy for them to do so.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

bah bah bah

you left/right people are insane

I guess you are one of those remove all borders around the world guy....

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Those laws are not made of rubber.

You can not stretch them into that shape.

nice try

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

arrogance suits you

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

arrogance suits you

The problem is people are putting too much spin on all this, and others like you suck it up like a Slurpee. The kids are not treated poorly, and very likely the best they been treated in a good while. They are safe and secure until their parents are processed to either to stay or go back home. Putting adults with kids is not very good when you do not know who is who...I can think of all kinds of bad in that situation.

The sad part is all this is most likely not even a big concern with the parties involved, but you and others looking on from the outside get so triggered over it.

Can you give me a good, safe, secure alternative here?

edit on 16-6-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The kids are not treated poorly, and very likely the best they been treated in a good while.

Keep telling yourself that, if it helps you sleep at night and justifies the inhumane cruelty your government is using to deter asylum seekers.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

but you and others looking on from the outside get so triggered over it.

Well. The Nazis did the same in their concentration camps, your deterrent is a carbon copy of terror at this point. Trigger me that?

The great American nation of immigrants, which the world is supposed to love for freedom and democracy. That's exceptionally absurd by now, don't you think?

Where are you patriots when it matters? The militia maybe? It's a sad joke of sorts. SAD!

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Keep telling yourself that, if it helps you sleep at night and justifies the inhumane cruelty your government is using to deter asylum seekers.

Can you tell me the inhumane/cruel part? Are you not the one saying the are trying to get away from all the bad stuff, you gave a long list too.. and this is inhumane...lol

OK I'll sleep good don't worry.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'm going to say this, it's probably been addressed already but it's late and I've had a drink or two. If I were to cross the boarders of another country, doesn't really matter which one, and I have a child in tow with no paperwork or proof of establishing a relationship, what do you think would happen? Do you think I'd be let go, with the child, on my merry way?

I really want to know the answer to this, and I suspect Italy and Spain have had this same situation happen due to their migrant issues. I want to know what other countries do in this situation, hell I want to know what you think the best course of action is in this situation.

Does this situation suck? Absolutely. Does it look like it's being taken care of in a reasonable manner? Per MSM, yes. How do you think we could handle any of this better? Because from what I'm seeing, and obviously this is all per the MSM so who knows what spin there is on it, this looks like what I would consider a reasonable and decently executed to a very crappy situation.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

The great American nation of immigrants, which the world is supposed to love for freedom and democracy. That's exceptionally absurd by now, don't you think?

What is sad here? People illegally entering and get caught. They then seek asylum which takes time to process, they are detained and either stay or go home. We DO have a legal immigration program, don't you know.
edit on 17-6-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join