It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go inside a U.S. migrant youth shelter in a former Walmart — cots, soccer and a mural

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Remember that lifetime supply of child coffins FEMA bought not too long ago?

My God! What Fascist ordered and purchased those??????

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Probably some deep state person. I wonder if throwing kids into concentration camps was always the plan? Or did that only happen once there was a nationalist sentiment that Jade Helm and similar programs are things we should support?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

So a just punishment for a misdemeanor is to be permanently separated from your family? We have an amendment that speaks about cruel and unusual punishment.

Did they arrive legally and maintain legal immigration status?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

So a just punishment for a misdemeanor is to be permanently separated from your family? We have an amendment that speaks about cruel and unusual punishment.

In the case of many of them, they had no choice over where they went, kids go with their parents.

And, what they're being charged with is a misdemanor. Unlawful residence is not a very serious crime going by what's on the books. Do you consider permanently removing someone from their family to be a just punishment?

Yes or no. Do you support concentration camps for children?
edit on 18-6-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Concentration Camps? Lets get real.

Should we just allow the kids into the country to whoever says they are their kin or just let them be on their own? If you are a "parent" of a minor and you both enter illegally, should you just be released until your hearing that you will never show up for?

What is your solution to people entering our country not by the legal methods? Is there anything you would do?

I'll try again:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Yeah the left is desperately trying to go after Trump and only exposing their own hypocrisy.

Here is Hillary back in 2014 during a CNN interview where she said the illegal immigrant kids need to be sent back to their own countries. Also Obama had about double the number of minors in custody than what Trump has right now. Currently there are close to 10,000 minors in custody and a massive chuck are unaccompanied minors.

Around the 48 second mark.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

10 000 minors in custody, that really is a WTF number....

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I am being real. Concentration camp is the proper name. It is not yet a death camp, but neither was what the US did to Japanese citizens during WW2 and those were concentration camps as well.

What is your solution to people entering our country not by the legal methods? Is there anything you would do?

I would make them legal. Illegals only serve to create a political underclass of people who are denied human rights and living wages.

Case in point, we're rounding up illegals guilty of a misdemeanor, throwing them into concentration camps, denying them legal representation, and likely permanently separating them from their parents.

I guess you do support throwing people in concentration camps for misdemeanor offenses then?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Obama had about double that number. What is occurring -

From another thread so copy/past -
Immigrants entering at an official port of entry are not separated.
Immigrants who illegally enter the US are charged with a crime (illegally entering the US). Because it is a crime the adults are taken into custody and held in an adult detention facility till their legal matter is resolved. Because of this status minors are prohibited from being sent their as well. The ruling in Flores vs Reno established the separation requirement. It also required detention facilities for minors and also requires separation by sex.

All current minor detention facilities are state certified and comply with all laws required. There are currently about 10k minors in custody with a massive bulk unaccompanied minors.

The Supreme Court ruling (there is a separate one saying the exact same thing for US citizens. Minors cant be in an adult detention facility) is supported by 2 later laws. One was signed into law in 2002 (Homeland Security Act). The Democrats controlled the Senate so the bill required bipartisan support. The 2nd law was signed by Bush in 2008. Democrats controlled both houses at the time.
edit on 18-6-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I am being real. Concentration camp is the proper name. It is not yet a death camp, but neither was what the US did to Japanese citizens during WW2 and those were concentration camps as well.

Uhm no its not. Its a juvenile detention facility. You can drop the Democratic nazi talking point. No one is buying it except the left and even they they ignore Obama did the exact same thing but not surprisingly didnt give a crap.

I would make them legal. Illegals only serve to create a political underclass of people who are denied human rights and living wages.

Then come here legally. Break a law and get caught you pay the consequences. Why should illegals get special treatment?

Case in point, we're rounding up illegals guilty of a misdemeanor, throwing them into concentration camps, denying them legal representation, and likely permanently separating them from their parents.

Wow so many falsehoods in this part -
Conviction of a crime is grounds for deportation.
They are held in detention facilities.
They have access to the legal system and assistance. They also get more representation than a US citizen because their home country consulates can get involved.
They arent permanently separated. Average stay is 49 days and then they are placed with family / legal guardian if in the US. If not a minor, by law, cannot be released into the population.

I guess you do support throwing people in concentration camps for misdemeanor offenses then?

Detention facilities. Also can you point out in your post history where you made this exact same argument when Obama and Bush and Bill Clinton were doing the exact same thing?

Elien Gonzalez anyone?
edit on 18-6-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Was 65,000 in January of 2014 better?

In January 2014 the Department of Homeland Security sought a contractor to manage and transport approximately 65,000 Unaccompanied Alien Children (UAC) "ages infant to 17 years of age".[38] The Department of Health and Human Services stated in its “Budget in Brief” that the expected annual number of arriving UAC had increased from 6,560 to an estimated 60,000 for fiscal year 2014,[39] and the Government anticipated awarding a five-year contract to deal with them.

WTF, how can an infant be an unaccompanied minor? Did they crawl from Guatemala with their diaper and bottle?

Link

edit on 18-6-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Thank you for the reply. I was going to say the exact same things.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Detention facilities. Also can you point out in your post history where you made this exact same argument when Obama and Bush and Bill Clinton were doing the exact same thing?

Elien Gonzalez anyone?

Concentration camps.

Obama wasn't separating families or holding them as long. I've never commented on Bush and Clinton policies so there's no history to quote in either direction, but if you want to bring up Elien Gonzalez, I think Bill Clinton was wrong on that.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Ah, the open borders argument. That works so well over in Europe, let's copy them? Why even have a Homeland Security or INS, right?

I get that people want to come here, is it too much to ask for them to come legally and by the rules.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

It seems to work great in the US. Moving between states is totally effortless, and no one is harmed by doing so.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

It seems to work great in the US. Moving between states is totally effortless, and no one is harmed by doing so.

What about at international borders?

Can't wait for your reply.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

That works great in the EU.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

That works great in the EU.

You might want to look that up.

Just saying.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

You might want to look that up.

Just saying.

I have. Ease of travel, cheap trade, low crime, plenty of work, and good pay.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Was 65,000 in January of 2014 better?

That was a result of Democrats and their idea of open borders.

WTF, how can an infant be an unaccompanied minor? Did they crawl from Guatemala with their diaper and bottle?

If the people who have the kid are not the kids parents.
If an older minor brings along their siblings.
etc etc etc

Link

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join