It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go inside a U.S. migrant youth shelter in a former Walmart — cots, soccer and a mural

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: network dude

Hmm, so I guess none of the 1500 young men being detained are accused of being MS13?

I don't know, if you have a link, then we can both learn something.

The teen was never accused of a crime. But he was arrested and sent to an immigration detention facility in Virginia, then California, then New York. Teens known as "unaccompanied minors" can be detained without being accused of a crime because they don't have full legal status.

At least 32 immigrant teens who were resettled on Long Island after arriving at a U.S. border without a parent were arrested for alleged gang membership. It was part of a Homeland Security operation, called Operation Matador, a Trump administration effort to crack down on the MS-13 gang and immigrant crime.
www.npr.org...

The ACLU has filed a class-action lawsuit alleging that the Trump administration is falsely accusing immigrant teens of gang affiliations in a concerted effort to deport them.
The American Civil Liberties Union says the federal government is illegally detaining immigrant teens from Suffolk County, N.Y., in "jail-like facilities," based on unsubstantiated claims that they are members of transnational street gangs.
The civil rights group also says the young immigrants were detained without notice to their parents or lawyers, and without giving them a chance to challenge the allegations.
According to the lawsuit, the Latino teens are being "profiled as gang members based on the neighborhoods they live in and their countries of origin."

www.npr.org...

It would appear that some of the boys held in these facilities are being "accused" of gang ties. If the government truly believes that, do you think that innocent kids are safe from gangster influence within the detention confines?

Beyond that, 1500 hormonal and frustrated young men being detained is going to breed some hostility, and you can bet that there is blood, piss and # on those walls!

edit on 15-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: underwerks

a reply to: underwerks

you don't make much sense. The children are removed from the people they are with, so they can be identified as well as their parents, so they aren't just ignored and left to be sold to the black market.

There is an argument to be had for how the immigration process works, but this part of it, has a specific need and you pretending it isn't just doesn't change that.

Hey, I get that you unquestionably believe anything the government tells you as long as it supports your political beliefs.

You are far from alone here on ATS.

I'd ask you to explain it to me with some documentation, but something tells me you are riding on emotion and very little else here. Prove me wrong, make me look bad.

how do you prove a choice that was made and not recorded?

you can not

logic states that the justice department looks at stats and the stats show some southern male immigrants are in gangs and so it is not a coincidence that they detain mainly young males.

this added to the fact that ice has recently targeted many young males in california and charged them with gang crimes where there were none. Now add in the ms13 comments by the potus and a fairly clear path can be seen.

so let me ask you this, if the government didn't hold these kids, but instead, just put them on buses back to Mexico, and it turns out they were kidnapped and on their way to be sold, that would be acceptable losses? It's my understanding that the process is there to help them, not screw them over. And let's not forget that nobody went into Mexico looking for these kids, they willfully came over the border on their own, and those who didn't might have a chance to find help, due to this process.

The world isn't black and white.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
That was an excellent and informative Video tour of this facility/detention center/prison!!

I completely believe this is a cool thing to do now. The photos have convinced me.

Put 'em in an old walmart, hundreds and hundreds of minors, all together. What could go wrong?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

again with the ruled by emotion posts. (you can bet), (I'm sure there are....)

If some kids who already broke the law, are detained and checked out, I'll offer a nice apology for wasting the time of those who aren't MS-13, or other gang members. But for those who are gang members, coming here to sell drugs, and kill people, it's kind of nice to know there is a mechanism in place to stop them, before they kill people.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
That was an excellent and informative Video tour of this facility/detention center/prison!!

I completely believe this is a cool thing to do now. The photos have convinced me.

Put 'em in an old walmart, hundreds and hundreds of minors, all together. What could go wrong?

I think just having open borders and dissolving the silly "law enforcement" kinds of jobs in the US is the way to go. Damn cops just beat up brown people anyway.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
here is where the crickets come in.

for all who are opposed to this Obama era detention center,

how should this situation be dealt with?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

it's kind of nice to know there is a mechanism in place to stop them, before they kill people.

In those links, none of the kids "broke the law", and were released because there was no evidence of their gang affiliation. These kids are being locked up without Due Process. That's not justifiable, by any means.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The Obama Administration had no such policy of separating families. The Obama Administration's kid problem was with the bus loads of accompanied minors that appeared at the borders, asking for asylum.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

you don't make much sense. The children are removed from the people they are with, so they can be identified as well as their parents, so they aren't just ignored and left to be sold to the black market.

There is an argument to be had for how the immigration process works, but this part of it, has a specific need and you pretending it isn't just doesn't change that.

Hey, I get that you unquestionably believe anything the government tells you as long as it supports your political beliefs.

You are far from alone here on ATS.

I'd ask you to explain it to me with some documentation, but something tells me you are riding on emotion and very little else here. Prove me wrong, make me look bad.

how do you prove a choice that was made and not recorded?

you can not

logic states that the justice department looks at stats and the stats show some southern male immigrants are in gangs and so it is not a coincidence that they detain mainly young males.

this added to the fact that ice has recently targeted many young males in california and charged them with gang crimes where there were none. Now add in the ms13 comments by the potus and a fairly clear path can be seen.

so let me ask you this, if the government didn't hold these kids, but instead, just put them on buses back to Mexico, and it turns out they were kidnapped and on their way to be sold, that would be acceptable losses? It's my understanding that the process is there to help them, not screw them over. And let's not forget that nobody went into Mexico looking for these kids, they willfully came over the border on their own, and those who didn't might have a chance to find help, due to this process.

The world isn't black and white.

WHAT IF?

everything you just said really is not relevant to the situation and i tried to show you how detaining people will only come back around in the end

i mean your comment started with what if we just send the kids back without their guardians. that is a non starter

if you can not see that the new policy of kidnaping the kids instead of returning or accepting the family as a whole is just a ploy to garner support for a wall to be built then you should perhaps take a longer look

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

The Obama Administration had no such policy of separating families. The Obama Administration's kid problem was with the bus loads of accompanied minors that appeared at the borders, asking for asylum.

so you are fine with the facility, just against the kids being detained. OK.
do we just ignore them, or do you have a solution to this?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

it's kind of nice to know there is a mechanism in place to stop them, before they kill people.

In those links, none of the kids "broke the law", and were released because there was no evidence of their gang affiliation. These kids are being locked up without Due Process. That's not justifiable, by any means.

how long are they being held? Months, years?

again, what is your solution to this.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Dissolve all corporations as well while you're at it, better wall-marts with syndicates.

Damn cops just beat up brown people anyway.

And they take their kids. For free! Ein Lebensborn for cheap labour, awesome!
Wait. Wasn't that the globalists plan you pretent to fight ... against... for? What's it now?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
these kids are being held for trade to get funding for a border wall

the bills even address this by stopping the separation in trade for super funding

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
How about this:

Trump signs an Executive Order revamping the current policy of separating children from their families in favor of a more humane treatment for people crossing the border illegally. Where families can stay together until they can prove they aren’t families, and not the other way around.

Less logistical costs, less public outrage, less hardship for the families currently broken apart.

The only concession Trump would have to make would be publicly showing empathy for these immigrants who’s families are being broken up.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

so you are fine with the facility, just against the kids being detained. OK.
do we just ignore them, or do you have a solution to this?

No, I'm not "fine" with any of it. Remember when those bus loads of undocumented minors were halted on the freeway in California by protestors, refusing to let them be housed in their county? Well, those kids had to go somewhere! But, it was never the Obama's Adminstrations policy to take kids from parents seeking assylum.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: rickymouse
I don't see a problem with these facilities being used on a temporary basis. What happens to the girls? Are they placed somewhere else? I would worry more about them being placed into a home where there might be not enough supervision, there are some pedophiles that are out there that haven't been caught yet. Perfect storm?

There isnt that many girls that come in as unacompinied minors. These kids cross the border by themselves, over 90 percent are ages 15-17. Remember in the US this is still minors. In South America however this age group os expected to go get a job.

When i went to Brazil you would see 16 yr olds working 40 hr a week jobs. They dont have thr dame restrictions the US does on labor laws.

Most females will come with family but they apply for placement with family in the US. Even a South America parents are reluctant to send their daughters oit to be raped or worse.

During the summers I would work about thirty hours a week on the farm when I was a teenager, in the winters I did work with my parents and at sixteen had two cleaning contracts with offices. I worked after school and sometimes four hours on weekends for spending money. I was actually making well over double minimum wage at the time when I worked.

I worked as a supervisor and owned my own business with workers for most of my working career. See how bad it is to learn to work when you are a young teenager.
edit on 15-6-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Did ya ever think it might be a deterrent, a risk they want known and public??

"Want to run the risk of getting separated from your kids?? Try jumping the border! Don't get caught though, because..."

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This is probably the most depressing thread I've seen on ATS in the decade that I've been coming here.

What is wrong with some of you? No empathy, it's all hate, fear and cult of personality garbage.

Only fools trust the people who crave power and authority over others.
The Trump supporters of now are the same as the Obama supporters of then.
Just sheep bleating.
edit on 15-6-2018 by wheresthebody because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Dont break the law with your kids. Why cant then come here legally?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

these kids are being held for trade to get funding for a border wall

the bills even address this by stopping the separation in trade for super funding

The kids in this facility is unacompinied minors thr new bill doeant change the policy for draling with them. And more importantly for their safety it shouldn't. There is a huge problem of trafickers kidnapping children to senf them to thr US for things like prostitutes. They all also used for forced labor and even ransom as thr smugglers will contacy families and tell them they have their cousin ,son
daughter etc. And if you want to see them again you need to pay us.

The reasom unacompinied minors are held is to protect them and by the way its discovered alot that people these minors cross with are not relatives. Smugglers claim they are to control them.

If you have a problem with pedophilia you may want to rethink your position on this. If you think ots OK for MS 13 to send children to their recruiters here in the states you may want to rethink your position.
edit on 6/16/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join