It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go inside a U.S. migrant youth shelter in a former Walmart — cots, soccer and a mural

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

bah bah bah

you left/right people are insane

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody

bah bah bah

I am not insane... My mother had me tested.

Either or I dont grant your premise... If you want to come to the US then do so legally.

It is as simple as that.

Also - Are you a US citizen / residing in the US?
edit on 15-6-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
So I guess they should just be gunned down at the border then, right?

Ends that whole 'inhumane' discussion crap before it even gets started!

BTW...can we come over to your house, all of us, and eat all your food, drink all your liquor and use your car(s)? Can we move into your house? Can we take your spot in line at the emergency room? Your seat on the bus, that you paid for? Your meal at the homeless shelter (cuz we already ate all your food)? Take your ride in the ambulance when we get hurt (instead of you)? Take your bunk in the jail cell so you can sleep on the floor? Can we have your police protection, that you pay for, to protect us instead of you, while your being robbed? Can we??? Can we have everything you've paid for, all your stuff, and take it for free as if it was ours? We ARE entitled to all that stuff, you know?

It's OURS, we deserve it, we're entitled to it!!

Can we???

edit...this was a reply to: wheresthebody (not sure why it didn't show up that way).
edit on 6/15/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I don't see a problem with these facilities being used on a temporary basis. What happens to the girls? Are they placed somewhere else? I would worry more about them being placed into a home where there might be not enough supervision, there are some pedophiles that are out there that haven't been caught yet. Perfect storm?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DieGloke

ooooo thank you for the photos.

I am on a website full of people with very severe TDS and they are circle jerking over the mural of Trump calling it a fascist picture.....And then I posted the mural of Obama....... Like throwing a single banana to a bunch of monkeys.....
Lol, oh very nice. Would love to have been there 🤣

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I don't see a problem with these facilities being used on a temporary basis. What happens to the girls? Are they placed somewhere else? I would worry more about them being placed into a home where there might be not enough supervision, there are some pedophiles that are out there that haven't been caught yet. Perfect storm?

There isnt that many girls that come in as unacompinied minors. These kids cross the border by themselves, over 90 percent are ages 15-17. Remember in the US this is still minors. In South America however this age group os expected to go get a job.

When i went to Brazil you would see 16 yr olds working 40 hr a week jobs. They dont have thr dame restrictions the US does on labor laws.

Most females will come with family but they apply for placement with family in the US. Even a South America parents are reluctant to send their daughters oit to be raped or worse.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

FACT verse LIES

Fact:

Kidnapping of children by Nazi Germany

en.wikipedia.org...

It's close enough to be called a fascist practice, and rightfully so.
Look it up and stop bitching around like Vanilla ICE?

Earlier this year, Amnesty International campaigned to reunite four families separated from each other at the border in violation of existing Department of Homeland Security policy to keep families together. In addition to calling on DHS agencies to remedy these violations, Amnesty International asked its 7 million members, supporters and activists worldwide to take action on behalf of the families.

SEPARATING ASYLUM-SEEKING FAMILIES VIOLATES INTERNATIONAL LAW

We need an international intervention for this one, obviously.

#BlueHelmets

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody

bah bah bah

What a well thought out argument. Next time I ever face a judge, I'm going to use that and say "it's a perfect valid argument, now off to virtue signal on social media judgy wudgy".

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Since when does any ATS member take the media at their word? When it supports their case. They do it all the time. They are hypocrites.

if you doubt the report, investigate, and show your findings.

ATS also doens't just say things like, "I don't believe that, so it never happened", without being called out for douche baggery. Don't be that bag.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Of course this ignores the fact that there is severe overcrowding in this facility. "Dorms" are supposed to sleep four but pretty much all of them are housing five. Then there's also the fact that these kids are only allowed two hours of outdoor time a day, only one of which is free time.

The best (read: worst) part of the first hand reports is how reporters were told to smile because otherwise the children felt like caged animals.

These are prisons. Plain and simple. Which goes hand in hand with the modern day plantations that are being called "tent cities."

Imprison the youth and turn the adults into slaves. Welcome to the Fascist States of America.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Not really but A for effort in trying to derail the thread.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Of course this ignores the fact that there is severe overcrowding in this facility. "Dorms" are supposed to sleep four but pretty much all of them are housing five. Then there's also the fact that these kids are only allowed two hours of outdoor time a day, only one of which is free time.

The best (read: worst) part of the first hand reports is how reporters were told to smile because otherwise the children felt like caged animals.

These are prisons. Plain and simple. Which goes hand in hand with the modern day plantations that are being called "tent cities."

Imprison the youth and turn the adults into slaves. Welcome to the Fascist States of America.

What? you are unhappy about this facility Obama set up? Well, I think you can still get him the message, but I don't think he can fix it now, he's not the president anymore. Donald Trump is.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

And that's where you fail. You buy in to this Left/Right absolutist paradigm. The way Obama handled immigration was also abhorrent. But it has definitely stepped up under Trump.

The fact that he's adhering to the Arpaio School of law enforcement should say enough.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdrajournalists (and US government officials from Congress) are not allowed to take pictures with/of the minors nor are they allowed to interview any minors or staff. the only staff they could interview were the tour group leaders and at each section of the facility DHS staff was on scene to further answer questions the tour leaders couldnt.

there's nothing like transparency.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
So if all is on the up and up, why was that US Senator not granted an appontment to visit one of these ex-Walmart facilities? Even when he turned up and tried to talk to the supervisor, the supervisor said he was not allowed to make a statement. The police had been called and he was asked to leave by the supervisor, which he did calmly.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

While you may be correct why is there no photos of the housing? These are only photos of the congregation rooms. Many unanswered questions. And since when dos any ATS emember take the media at their word?

Why invade their privacy by showing living quarters.

boing boing boing

🎃

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

*Ding ding ding* We have a winner.

It took them over a week to let anyone in. Who knew it took that long to buy some soccer balls?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos
So if all is on the up and up, why was that US Senator not granted an appontment to visit one of these ex-Walmart facilities? Even when he turned up and tried to talk to the supervisor, the supervisor said he was not allowed to make a statement. The police had been called and he was asked to leave by the supervisor, which he did calmly.

Privacy concerns.

And breach of authority.

🔑

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

There isnt that many girls that come in as unacompinied minors.

Total family separation! Mothers taken one place, fathers taken another. Big brothers taken one place, big sisters taken to another, little babies and toddlers taken somewhere else. Tragic and traumatic for everyone involved!

Like I've said, this policy is unamerican and unchristian. The fact that this administration had the gall to invoke the Bible to justify this inhumane policy is the highest order of Christian hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

*Ding ding ding* We have a winner.

It took them over a week to let anyone in. Who knew it took that long to buy some soccer balls?

1500 kids and beds...that's a lot of laundry they had to do! Took a week just to clean the place up, wipe the blood off the walls.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join