It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 132
<< 129  130  131    133  134  135 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Damn trash pandas.

Had to endure an epic, almost 20 minute brawl on the deck & under it a while ago, I'm not sure how anyone else slept through that racket. I especially expected the younger kid to wake up, her room's just off to the side of the deck. Nope, still sawing wood in her room. Me? I'd just drifted off only to be VERY rudely awakened by that growly, shrieky crap raccoons do in fights, and it was so loud that two fans on full blast didn't drown it out.

Scared the daylights out of the cat and rabbit, too. Rabbit's cowering in his hutch's privacy box still, and the cat's practically glued to me.

< mutters angrily and heads back to bed >
edit on 6/20/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Fireworks are your friend.

As are punchy, loud ... strategically placed loudspeakers.

Think this noise ...

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Maybe this is why your rabbit wasn't eating so well? Apparently (I just googled) raccoons are quite capable of killing cats and small dogs. There are repellents you can buy. They don't like mint or chilli. Some advice was to spray a chilli water mixture over the ground and plants, and securing the trash can lids so they can't get in there.

And yet...they look so cute in the movies. All nice and cuddly too!.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Hello!

I am mixing moonshine with orange juice here!

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Make sure to add enough orange juice!

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Sheye, She has a great voice, but that is the kind of song that gets stuck in your head. LOL

Nyiah, I didn't mean to laugh, but I couldn't help it. I've never heard racoons shrieking. I've heard cat fights though. Trash pandas, Bahaha! Hope you catch up on your sleep.

Timely, I'm glad I never came across a racoon in distress. I was always rescuing animals and my Parents would always warn me about rabies. I guess I might have thought twice about it, but if it wasn't foaming at the mouth or walking around in circles or something, I think I would have thrown caution to the wind.

Light,
I don't think chili would be good for plants if she has any out there. Just plant some mint maybe? We used to get racoons in our trash many years ago. We have much better trash containers now with attached lids you lift to open.

Fin, Loved the song and scenery! Please don't drink too much. You'll make Elfie worry. I might have to send a pixie or two to watch over you. They can be obnoxious and bug the hell out of you. LOL

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I miss Syx and his dragons.
So...

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Shout out to Joe ! Hope your gardening is coming along nicely and you’re not too tuckered at the end of your days. Wishing you much success with your green thumb !

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

You may have misunderstood me. You don't plant a chilli plant, that will take forever. You make a juice containing chilli, or mint and spray it over the plants and the ground as a barrier. The plants don't mind it, it keeps the raccoons away. Apparently.

I feel safe. My new neighbour ordered some plants on the internet and I received the delivery because he was at work. Every single plant is a meat eater. He invited me to look at his deadly garden. Venus Fly Trap and various other plants I don't know the name of. There's the one with the sticky red dots on the end, another grass-like plant that is covered in what look like hairs, but are actually sticky traps. The grass curls slightly to hold and consume flying critters tighter. He told me he already fed the Venus by stunning a fly and dropping it in to the gaping jaws of its slow, painful death. I don't like flies either.

edit on 20/6/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I understand about making a spray. I just thought chili would be hot and maybe not good for plants. LOL I have to make a peppermint spray for spiders!

I am so happy that you have a great neighbor. It makes all the difference in the world! One of my Brothers lives on the first floor, I love my neighbor on the second floor and Mark and I live in the 3rd floor apartment. It is quiet and peaceful.

I have been putting off sitting outside, so I must get to that now. I have my book, cell phone and ciggs packed and ready to go.

Time for fresh air and nature. I'll be back.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Maybe this is why your rabbit wasn't eating so well?

Nah, the vet was pretty sure his GI stasis was instigated by excessive gas, probably from a hair too many fruit treats or too much pellets (both of which have been reduced now) If he hadn't reacted positively very quickly to the gas drops, I'd entertain the idea of outside stress impacting his appetite, but it doesn't fit.

Apparently (I just googled) raccoons are quite capable of killing cats and small dogs. There are repellents you can buy. They don't like mint or chilli. Some advice was to spray a chilli water mixture over the ground and plants, and securing the trash can lids so they can't get in there.

They can't get to our trash cans, those are locked in the garage until trash days (Fridays for us) We don't leave anything outside that would entice them, not even the bird feeder stays out overnight (between them and Martens, it'd get cleaned out) I think these 2 were just fighting over territory last night & the deck happened to be where somebody wanted to plant the proverbial flag.

And yet...they look so cute in the movies. All nice and cuddly too!.

Cute indeed, but they're kind of like the animal kingdom's gangster thugs, lol. Growing up back in Florida, I'd had more than my fair share of them stand up & size me up crossing paths. I doubt any would have attacked, that's an intimidation measure, but yeah. Gangster thug wildlife.

originally posted by: Night Star
Nyiah, I didn't mean to laugh, but I couldn't help it. I've never heard racoons shrieking. I've heard cat fights though. Trash pandas, Bahaha! Hope you catch up on your sleep.

Oh, you've probably heard the Sound of Nightmares in the middle of the night at least a few times

^^ That shrill screeching/shrieking/screaming is exactly what I had to put up with so early this morning, about as loudly, but for a lot longer. The dogs in the neighborhood were going absolutely nuts, too.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Holy crap, at first it sounded like human screams! That, or some kind of otherworldly thing.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
LoneCloudHopper2 lost his beloved kitty today.

RIP Cuddles kitty!

This was a cat that chose Lone and just showed up on his doorstep one rainy day years ago. A beauty!
So sad.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Hugs to you, LoneCloudHopper2. I know how it feels to lose your little angel and best friend. Cats have always been a part of my life even when I couldn't have a real one. I substituted stuffed kitty for them.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

That was very sweet Blue. He will really appreciate that.

I'm just waiting until after midnight when he gets out of work and calls me. I'll get to talk to him then. For now, I'll listen to music.

edit on 20-6-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Beautiful! Thanks, Night

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Hugs!

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Thanks, Blue
Yeah, that little guy was my best pal here. Still sinking in. At least he had a good life until things went bad. Thanks again.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Wow, you have to see this! Dead leaf butterfly.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

That is a great find, Night! Amazing how such things are possible!

top topics

<< 129  130  131    133  134  135 >>

join