It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 130
<< 127  128  129    131  132  133 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I have been too social lately.

It is hard to explain, i need social interactions to stay sane, but i also NEED time alone to stay sane. I spent a few days with friends and then i had lunch with mom and now i need time alone. Only me, optical fibre internet, beer and cigarettes.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Music banging in headphones. I don't want to annoy my neighbours but i blast it in the headphones!

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Everyone needs their time alone. There is nothing wrong with that at all. I prefer being alone because that way I don't annoy people. I'm an annoying kind of person for some people so a retreat is often better than a defeat.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Night and I were just discussing sheep.

Count them ...

Sorry mate. Couldn't resist ! 😂

I was throwing stars last night/early Morning as I was too tired to reply, but this cracked me up! Good one mate.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Re the wild camping thing...
We have a saying here which goes something like:

"Leave nothing but footprints, Take nothing but memories."

One of my pet hates is ignorant morons who can't seem to see the sense in that statement, and who leave litter or damage trees etc I just can't get into the mindset of someone who can't see how stupid it is to mess up a place that they obviously like to visit???? Why go to these lovely places in the first place - just to spoil them??? I don't think I'll ever understand.
ach well... I'm hoping to get away this weekend, but it's not in tablets of stone yet...

I have heard that saying before and it's beautiful. I'm with you my friend, I can't stand seeing litter. It is careless, bad for animals and the environment...Gah!

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Light, Loved the group hug pic!!!! I have plenty of alone time which is fine with me...usually. LOL
I am outgoing and enjoy the company of others, but I do need a lot of time to myself as well.

When I got up today, instead of getting on the computer, I sat outside on the porch with a cup of coffee, a book and enjoyed the subtle Summer breeze and wonder and beauty of nature. A beautiful cardinal sat nearby singing his little heart out. It was magical. Mom always loved the red birds and it made me smile.

Fin Hunny, Loved the music vid! Thank you! We have a lot of Chinese restaurants around here and they are so yummy! Got to love those buffets!

Skiddy, enjoy that baby boy while you can. They grow up too fast! I am well thank you! It helps now that I have the new porch to go out on, until it gets too hot and humid that is. LOL Give Mom and the girls a hug for me.
edit on 19-6-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Hello, Any One Home ?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I was just about to go to youtube and find a movie and have some supper. Hello Wister! Care to dine with me this evening? We can chat and watch the boats go by.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If anyone is looking for a really interesting thread, our LoneCloudHopper2 made this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
It is hard to explain,

Nope, not hard at all. I can definitely relate.
I need/demand my alone time to regenerate. So I can be present for others.
When I was younger I often felt lonely and saught others to relieve the ache. But as I matured I realized I just used them to fill a void in my life, I craved a mirror to my existence, confirmation from out side negative or positive it didn't matter.
Thus I began on the quest of "being me". So many years ago.

Now I cherish both. My self and others in measured portions. I know my limits and boundaries.
I am very selective about who I interact intimately with in private, work I can't control.
I want people who are genuine around me. Honest, confrontational, but compassionate.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Yes that sounds wonderful, I got a fire going.

Supper is on the table and I am watching "Charmed".

Hugs in bundles.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

We can work with that can't we Shed? Honest, confrontational yet compassionate?

Hmm....tomatoes or cabbages. Which do we throw first?

Or should it be a hug? Can we throw hugs around....?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

originally posted by: Finspiracy
It is hard to explain,

Nope, not hard at all. I can definitely relate.
I need/demand my alone time to regenerate. So I can be present for others.
When I was younger I often felt lonely and saught others to relieve the ache. But as I matured I realized I just used them to fill a void in my life, I craved a mirror to my existence, confirmation from out side negative or positive it didn't matter.
Thus I began on the quest of "being me". So many years ago.

Now I cherish both. My self and others in measured portions. I know my limits and boundaries.
I am very selective about who I interact intimately with in private, work I can't control.
I want people who are genuine around me. Honest, confrontational, but compassionate.

I can relate to that WIS.

Mature growth?

Or cynicism creeping in?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

I'm an annoying kind of person for some people

So am I, for some people, as you said.
You are a wonderfully "annoying" being.
I seized being a "pleaser" decades ago. Most people prefer pleasers. They always say yes and never question anything controversial.

I have an opinion and I like to discuss opposing views.

Am I the only one that doesn't have spell check here?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
Or cynicism creeping in?

The above is defined as the belief that others are motivated purely by self interest.
So no. I am convinced we are all unique beings and thus have the choice to behave autonomously.
That does not bring into consideration conditioning, whether cultural, religious, societal etc.

Realistic, Yes. Cynical No.
How are you Crappie?

edit on 19-6-2018 by WalkInSilence because: pooh again

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Or should it be a hug? Can we throw hugs around....?

Hugs are good but I am going with a shout out to say I hear you.

Hey you never ask for hugs?

Just thinking how wonderful it is to listen to you these days. You are in a safe place, you are calm and funny. Hugs.
I am happy for you.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Opposing views you say? I like to crucify people on Tuesday if that's any help.

As far as spell-checking goes I prefer to swear as much as possible. It confuses the computers. And besides, they don't understand hugs, only HUD's.

And umm...I never said I was "wonderfully annoying". Maybe it's time I shut-up?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Ah, campfire, food, hugs and interesting conversations. Love it!

I always like to encourage people to be themselves, free spirits. We are all unique beings. There are is only one of us in all the universe. Is that not profound? I think it is.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I'm sure we all have our moments. I don't think you have ever annoyed me, at least not that I can remember. LOL

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

And umm...I never said I was "wonderfully annoying". Maybe it's time I shut-up?

Please don't shut up. Are you being coy? That is so cute.
Hugs you rascally "wabbit".

new topics

top topics

<< 127  128  129    131  132  133 >>

join