It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 133
<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Mother nature never fails to amaze me!

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

We are the species privileged with knowledge and independent thought.

We carry a responsibility to our domain and its fauna and flora.

*steps away from the soapbox.

edit on 21-6-2018 by Timely because: Spelling atrocities

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

And yet we let governments worldwide allow it to happen. The Amazon Rain Forest "argument" always confused me. They called it illegal-logging. I realise it is a remote place but how does one simply sneak across the border with huge logging equipment, camps for the workers and then just drive out of there with the wood? It's a huge logistical operation and I can't imagine it is unknown to the local authorities.

We allow rubbish/garbage to be dumped in a big hole in the ground. Then they cover over the hole and forget about it and then build a new town on top of it. I kid you not, the UK. I believe here in NL they burn all rubbish, there isn't enough ground to bury it I guess?

Uranium is a problem too. According to those who know about such things a Thorium reactor is environmentally and safely "better".

I think we need more rocket launches and less plane travel. We use the rockets to get rid of the crazy people. A one way ticket. We could possibly send aliens in a far flung world a message in a bottle. A dead frozen human with a message. "Can I borrow a cup of element 125 sugar?"

ETA Soapbox? What soapbox...
edit on 21/6/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Hello Timely and Light and whoever is around!

There are people who do care about the environment and are doing things to help like planting trees, cleaning oceans and parks, their cities etc. Sadly of course, more needs to be done, but I'm always trying to hold on to hope. There are too many things in life that can make us cynical and lose hope. I had seen some inspiring environmental vids, but am exhausted right now so can't share any.

I will be leaving between noon and 1 for a Birthday lunch for Mark. My Sister is taking us out. Desperately need more coffee today. Hardly got any sleep at all. So if you will all excuse me, I'll be over here all quiet sipping my coffee and listening to the birds. Have a lovely day!

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Ha.. Who would decide who is Crazy ? The Trumpsters ? The Leftish ? The Russians ? The Chinese ? The English Speakers ?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Hello Sky! Good to see you! How have you been feeling? I can hardly keep my eyes open, but have to get to dressed.

ETA: Just realized you made an update in your thread. Going back to read it now, then I'll get dressed.

edit on 21-6-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Not gonna lie, the radar around my area is starting to look a little on the rainy side.
[editby ]edit on 21-6-2018 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Enjoy your lunch Night !

Hopefully you can catch a few zzz's after your luncheon ? 😴

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Enjoy your lunch Night !

Hopefully you can catch a few zzz's after your luncheon ? 😴

Mark had a lovely Birthday lunch at the Outback. I like one of the pics on the wall of a couple of kangaroos in an open field of wildflowers. Found a few rocks for my collection while outside.

Oh man, it was hot and humid today and the front door was locked. Mark had forgotten a key broke in the lock and ended up locking the damned door before we left. I had gone down the back way to take the garbage out. After climbing up all those steps, I had to climb back down them and go all the way around to the back of the house and go back up 3 flights of steps to get into the house. I could hardly breathe and needed a ton of water after. Sheesh!

How are you Hun?
edit on 21-6-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

Hi Chooch! Not sure how much rain you're getting. Wear cute boots.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

All well here thanks.

It is a cold and foggy 7am here. Rain has been present for about a week now

Cabin fever is a possibile outcome ...

🤪

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Ok, I'll send a dragon over pronto to save you from cabin fever and the cold. Don't worry, only you will be able to see him. Wouldn't want the natives freaking out or anything.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Cheers !

Preciated !

🐲

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I was just over at Sky's thread giggling.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Ha.. Who would decide who is Crazy ? The Trumpsters ? The Leftish ? The Russians ? The Chinese ? The English Speakers ?

I've managed to whittle it down to two choices. Me, or ginger-haired people. They've been persecuted and ridiculed for centuries. They've earned the chance to screw things up for a while, just like all the others that came before them. I would vote for Frankie Boyle.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hey, no one is really crazy. We are just normal in our own way.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Wow, you have to see this! Dead leaf butterfly.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So I get the natural selection part...

There's a famous example of the color of moths changing over time to mimic the color of tree bark vs. trees with moss growing on them.

If moss stopped growing on the trees, the ones colored similar to the bark would blend in better and have a better chance of survival from predators, thus the moss colored moths would stand out more for the predators to eat, and away they go from evolution.

What I DON'T get...

is how things start to look like other things entirely. A moth or butterfly that looks like a dead ringer for a leaf.

How does THAT even happen?!

I read once in Hindu mysticism that as creatures are reincarnated they carry over desires with them..

So perhaps a butterfly might carry over a desire like "If I had only blended in with the leaves, I might have lived longer!"

There is an intriguing intelligence behind creation, that is for sure!

Sorry if I ruffle a few feathers, (or in Timely's case, his petticoat,)

But I believe evolution and intelligent creation go hand-in-hand.

edit on 22-6-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Hi NB! My brain isn't functioning well enough to answer your last post. I just got up a little while ago and only had one cup of coffee, but that was an interesting read.

I will be leaving later for my weekly get together with my friend Linda for lunch, errands and grocery shopping. There is a fresh pot of coffee for anyone who would like some. ME, me, me! LOL

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
Hey, no one is really crazy. We are just normal in our own way.

That sounds like something a crazy person might say.
edit on 22/6/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join