It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 136
<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hi sweet, beautiful WIS.

Sending happy thoughts, prayers, and hugs.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
I might have mentioned in another thread that I love to hike and explore forests. I also love snowfall at night. My camera phone isn't very good at taking such pictures though, so I steal them from the webz

That is a gorgeous picture NB! It reminds me of many roads nearby after a snowfall. So enchanting, especially at night when it's glittery.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: Night Star

That is just a blatant waste !

Just the type of story the local papers clamour over ...

😎

You know, I had told my Brother in a PM at facebook that the breath taking pink tree was chopped down and I put a sad emoticon. All he said in reply was that it's their house and they found it too much work to maintain, that it was out of control. Out of control? All I said back to him was that I know it's their house, but it's still sad. He has the emotion of a rock I swear.

I told my Sister the same thing and at first she said, "You would think they would be grateful to have it, why ruin it?" I knew she would sympathize, but then she said I should try to be less emotionally involved or something like that. I have deep feelings and a passion for nature. So even if my Mother never planted it, I would still be emotionally invested in it.

Being sensitive gets me down sometimes as I feel misunderstood, like I shouldn't feel things so strongly or something. But...It makes me who I am.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I forget if it was a rhododendron or azalea. It started out as a small bush and over the years it thrived and looked like a flowering tree. I knew my nature loving Sheddites would understand and feel the same as I do. Thank you for your beautiful reply Wis! You always put things so beautifully, it touches my heart.

Hugs for you Hunny!

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Yes, I am connected to the things you mentioned. Yes, I loved the idea that Wis mentioned about a piece of the bark. I'll have to see if there is anything left of it tomorrow.

Yes, Wis can indeed stand on her own two feet and can't be manipulated. I noticed that you are very insightful about people and of course loving and compassionate. A real Sweetheart!

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Timely, yes so true, it is a blatant waste!

NB, yes, some people live to create and some to destroy.

BUG!!!!!! So happy to see you. So many things were getting me down today and then I see you popped in and it made me smile.

Wis, sending happy thoughts your way my dear Friend!

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
Night Star - let it be known to the world that I have sent dragon mail (PM) to you...

Oh I love the dragon envelope! LOL!
Perfect! I replied Hun.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I'm glad that you like it as it took a bit of searching on my behalf to find the perfect one to share with you and anyone else here that wishes to use it.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Greetings, beings of the shedlands...

I was away wandering/camping at the weekend again. (It's a hard life!)
I took Friday off work so that I could get away on the Thursday, and headed off (roughly northwards) with no particular destination in mind...
I passed by Loch Tay...

...and then saw a sign for Ben Lawers (which is a small mountain that I went skiing on once) and I thought "oooh, I haven't been there for a while, and never in the summer" so...
Up the little road I went...

Until I spotted the Dam at Finlarig (Lawers Dam) which holds back Lochan-na-Lairige (Small Loch of the Pass) to feed the nearby hydro power station.

I decided to camp there for the night.
Here's the view looking back down the hill from my camping spot...

...and a panorama of the Dam area itself...

What a lovely and remote spot!

Friday saw me heading eastwards with a view to meeting up with some old friends on the Saturday, so I decided to head for Dunkeld (which is about halfway from where I was at Ben Lawers to where my friends stay).

When I got to Dunkeld it was unfortunately choc-full of tourists! So, I just kept on going towards Blairgowrie, but I know that the scenery isn't so nice once you pass to the East side of Blairgowrie, so I decided to look for another wee back road... ANY wee back road!
And the first one that I found led me to the Loch of Clunie...

What a Result!
A lovely wee Loch, full of trout, ducks and ducklings.
I managed to get my hammock slung between two trees, right next to my van, and I met some lovely folks there who were kayaking out to the island to camp!
What an adventure that would be... I need to get myself a decent kayak!

On Saturday morning, I was arranging where to meet my pals (possibly THERE at that wee loch) when a large party of more kayakers arrived... and I decided to move on.

Luckily, my friends had just messaged me to say that some of our other "crew" were gigging that night near yet another pal (Moses') place and that we could "camp" in our vans there, so the decision was made!
We had a great BBQ at "Moses'" place, then went to see my pals Calum and Jim playing in a local bar before taxiing back and camping in the vans again.

What a brilliant weekend! I Can't wait for the next one.

And that concludes this weeks travel report.

Big G, out!
edit on 25-6-2018 by Gordi The Drummer because: clarity

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Why is every day worse than the last. God knows I've paid my dues, and then some

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Oh no, what happened NB???

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Gordi, I always love seeing the pics from your trips! Such beautiful places! I'm glad you got away and had a lovely time!
Welcome back home!

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

As usual beautiful photos and heart-warming stories. Glad to hear you got away from it all and chilled with friends. How many ducklings did you eat...?
edit on 25/6/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Gordi, I always love seeing the pics from your trips! Such beautiful places! I'm glad you got away and had a lovely time!
Welcome back home!

Thanks hunny!

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

As usual beautiful photos and heart-warming stories. Glad to hear you got away from it all and chilled with friends. How many ducklings did you eat...?

haha, not that many... but SOMETHING was eating them.
I saw a group of 7 Adult Ducks with only ONE surviving duckling among them, then I saw a lone duck with 6 ducklings heading for the safety of the reed beds at night.
In the morning, the same duck came back out of there, but with only 5 ducklings...
Nature red in tooth & claw I'm afraid.
G

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I have always found it strange that living things would eat other living things. Even plants are living things. Sounds rather barbaric, yet we need to eat to survive. Just hard to wrap my mind around that.

Might go outside and sit on the porch to read and take in the fresh air, if it's not too hot and humid. Love, light and hugs to all!

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hello everyone.
I wanted to share something with you all.
My niece put this on facebook saying it was hilarious.
She is right.
This is a commercial for a product called "BedJet."
The writers for this commercial were genius.
I found it funny anyway.
So here it is.
I hope it gives you a chuckle.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hello to everyone!

I am feeling good. I am at friend's place (he passed out drunk on the sofa) 2 female cats here. I just love cats. I like to buy food to them, straight up gourmet.

Thanks to all shed members for being so supportive and funny!

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BugWhisperer

Thank You Dear. It makes me happy to know you are present in my life even just for a brief moment.

I miss you and often think of how our gentle Bug is doing? Love and hugs back at ya.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

I sent a happy thought.
Maybe that's why I was giggling.

About you i have noticed that you stand on your own feet and you cannot be manipulated. That i see as strength.
I take that as a compliment, thank you. But the sad thing is that this society is built on manipulation. So the individual who refuses to take part in what is commonly accepted, is considered an out cast/ trouble maker.
I wear these distinctions as a badge of honor.

How are you Sir Fin? I wish you all the joy and strength you may need. Hugs the WISter
edit on 25-6-2018 by WalkInSilence because: blipp

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Thanks for the hugs, keep them coming.
Well, it was most likely a Rhododendron, Azaleas don't get very big although being in the same family.
It is so nice to hear that my words can bring comfort, Thank You.
I like to express, what? My thoughts, emotions, contemplations. But RL is mostly so fast paced that there is sparse time for reflection. And people are so stressed, my self included, they don't want their space invaded.
It is an odd time.
Hugs my friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join